The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 978 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Globus Mundi is a Universal created thing right? Forgive my being behind-ness haha
There was a sign for Globus Mundi when Diagon Alley opened. It’s not from the books or movies, but the art and name was approved by Rowling.

Merchandise for Globus showed up in stores this past January. And rumors started circulating that an actual store for the fictional travel agency was going to be built.

The 3rd wand room at Diagon’s Ollivanders is being turned into the store with an entrance facing Carkitt Market. The original Globus sign above Sugarplums has come down and a new one went over the new real storefront this month.

Now, there are rumors that Globus Mundi will make its first appearance in film in the upcoming Fantastic Beasts movie, however, this isn’t something I’ve seen any actual evidence of. Seems like speculation to me, but could be true.

If it is true, this would be something that originated as decoration in the theme park land, but then became part of the canon of stories.

I could be wrong, but I believe Sugarplums was made up just for Diagon with no connection to the stories, so it’s not out of the question for this new shop to only exist in USF.

Just want to add that I didn't mean to imply the store would necessarily be involved in the actual stories - just that it's fictional premise would allow it to tie in the merch from those new stories well. I would assume not all the Diagon Shops at Universal have to be canonical.

Reactions: Alicia
Just want to add that I didn't mean to imply the store would necessarily be involved in the actual stories - just that it's fictional premise would allow it to tie in the merch from those new stories well. I would assume not all the Diagon Shops at Universal have to be canonical.
Oh I know, was just recapping all the rumors to this point.

I agree that with all the Ministries from different countries involved in the FB films, Globus is the perfect way to feature merch based on each of the different country’s ministries of magic, (among other Wizarding locations featured in the various series).

Reactions: Frogki
The Globus Mundi merch started arriving last year about this time since the store was originally scheduled to open LAST December. My understanding was that construction costs skyrocketed post hurricane last year so it was put on hold to this year. I think this is a HUGE sales opportunity for Universal with so many people buying luggage while here in Orlando. High end luggage themed to Wizarding World would make a killing.

There was a sign for Globus Mundi when Diagon Alley opened. It’s not from the books or movies, but the art and name was approved by Rowling.

Merchandise for Globus showed up in stores this past January. And rumors started circulating that an actual store for the fictional travel agency was going to be built.

The 3rd wand room at Diagon’s Ollivanders is being turned into the store with an entrance facing Carkitt Market. The original Globus sign above Sugarplums has come down and a new one went over the new real storefront this month.

Now, there are rumors that Globus Mundi will make its first appearance in film in the upcoming Fantastic Beasts movie, however, this isn’t something I’ve seen any actual evidence of. Seems like speculation to me, but could be true.

If it is true, this would be something that originated as decoration in the theme park land, but then became part of the canon of stories.

I could be wrong, but I believe Sugarplums was made up just for Diagon with no connection to the stories, so it’s not out of the question for this new shop to only exist in USF.
I love that a single sign at a theme park gets a store haha...I thought it was original, just couldn't remember

Reactions: Alicia
A good idea is a good idea! Fleshing out the Wizarding World has had several instances of things mentioned once becoming a reality and becoming big hits with guests. Celestina Warbeck was mentioned once in a book and that show is a highlight of Diagon Alley. Globus Mundi allows them to sell more stuff.

Reactions: tielo and Frogki
Has there been any word on Globus Mundi opening? I had heard they were shooting to open on Monday (yesterday), but if possible they were going to try and open over the weekend.

What queue updates?
The Forbidden Journey queue will be adjusted and the locker area moved outside and/or expanded.

Has there been any word on Globus Mundi opening? I had heard they were shooting to open on Monday (yesterday), but if possible they were going to try and open over the weekend.
No word yet. Was supposed to open this week, (or last weekend or the week before or earlier this year,) it sounds like they’re not prioritizing it very high against other work so it keeps slipping. I may check in Thursday just in case.

Also, there’s a dedicated thread for it, since this is a thread for IOA and the new store is in USF: Globus Mundi Store to Diagon Alley? | Inside Universal Forums (Sorry for helping us get off track on the subject earlier.)

The Forbidden Journey queue will be adjusted and the locker area moved outside and/or expanded.

No word yet. Was supposed to open this week, (or last weekend or the week before or earlier this year,) it sounds like they’re not prioritizing it very high against other work so it keeps slipping. I may check in Thursday just in case.

Also, there’s a dedicated thread for it, since this is a thread for IOA and the new store is in USF: Globus Mundi Store to Diagon Alley? | Inside Universal Forums (Sorry for helping us get off track on the subject earlier.)
Is the closing again then?

I never understood why they don't make a structure like the lockers outside of the former DD queue...Even on a quiet day the Hogwarts lockers are a fiasco...Find your locker in the dark while employees scream at you...

Reactions: therock
I never understood why they don't make a structure like the lockers outside of the former DD queue...Even on a quiet day the Hogwarts lockers are a fiasco...Find your locker in the dark while employees scream at you...
If it's going just to the left of the entry gates to Hogwarts they will be theming it like rockwork so people taking photos from the Jurassic bridge won't have any structures blocking their view. The rockwork *should* blend in to the rockwork at the base of the castle, plus, trees planted in foreground should help.