Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 437 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A Mack spinner would be a great addition to the park. For people getting into coasters, it’s a good stepping stone from Flight of the Unicorn to the Potter coaster.

A few people have talked about the visual that this coaster will have looking across the Lagoon from Port of Entry and a spinning coaster would add a great dynamic which that view needs.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
A Mack spinner would be a great addition to the park. For people getting into coasters, it’s a good stepping stone from Flight of the Unicorn to the Potter coaster.

A few people have talked about the visual that this coaster will have looking across the Lagoon from Port of Entry and a spinning coaster would add a great dynamic which that view needs.

Hell, it could even be an Xtreme Spinning Coaster, like Time Traveller; and it'd still be a great addition for the park, especially if it's as thrilling as we think.

Reactions: Scott W.
Talk about deja vu regarding ride systems. Let’s save the bandwidth and everyone just start from page one of the Harry Potter coaster speculation.
Wake me up when we have the track starting to get laid.

Reactions: LJGonz
I personally think a standard Mack launch coaster like Icon at Blackpool Pleasure Beach would be an amazing fit for Jurassic Park if it were themed well! You could have 2 launches, a nice Immelmann like Icon's peeking above the trees of Jurassic Park, some nice forceful turns around the Discovery Centre like the ones in Icon's second half; I personally reckon Universal could pull off quite the visual spectacle with a multi-launch coaster. They could even pull off the USA's take on Taron, with loads of twists and turns weaving over and under Jurassic Park!

However, I'm not sure if a launch coaster would be Universal's best choice, as IOA already has 2 (Hulk & Potter 2019), as well as the 2 (or 1) over in Studios (Revenge of the Mummy & possibly Gringotts, if that has a launch involved anywhere.). So I personally feel that something with a lift hill would be a better fit. I don't know whether I'm the only one, but I'd personally love a B&M wing coaster at IOA with similar theming to Flying Dinosaur at USJ. Fenix at Toverland, one of B&M's most recent wing coasters, looks amazing, The Swarm at Thorpe Park is amazing, in my opinion and it would be the first wing coaster in Florida, too!

Talk about deja vu regarding ride systems. Let’s save the bandwidth and everyone just start from page one of the Harry Potter coaster speculation.
Wake me up when we have the track starting to get laid.

I'm not sold on a manufacture yet but I am sold on a design style and ethos: fast, inverting, parts over the water, and a focus on thrills over narrative story.

jp coaster concept .jpg

I think this coaster is the perfect example for what should go in the plot. Its 180 ft, has that one large structure with (for the most part) shorter tighter elements that follow. It's fast, stays to one side of the DC with even enough space to add more track on the opposing side, and it barley interrupts anything. Also, The low tight turn that protrudes out into the lake doesn't alter the whole view. It's a fun little eyecatching moment peeking out of the trees to the left of the DC, and shouldn't even restrict guests from being able to hang out by the lake. It actually reminds me of RRR's inclined helix left of Universal's entrance gate. Add a themed fence and people love just sitting there and watching the riders go by. Maybe even have a small themed dark ride section like blue fire so people don't complain it's just a bare coaster.

View attachment 8232

I think this coaster is the perfect example for what should go in the plot. Its 180 ft, has that one large structure with (for the most part) shorter tighter elements that follow. It's fast, stays to one side of the DC with even enough space to add more track on the opposing side, and it barley interrupts anything. Also, The low tight turn that protrudes out into the lake doesn't alter the whole view. It's a fun little eyecatching moment peeking out of the trees to the left of the DC, and shouldn't even restrict guests from being able to hang out by the lake. It actually reminds me of RRR's inclined helix left of Universal's entrance gate. Add a themed fence and people love just sitting there and watching the riders go by. Maybe even have a small themed dark ride section like blue fire so people don't complain it's just a bare coaster.

It'll be something like this, I believe, but there won't be a 180 ft tall top hat. It doesn't fit the theme of "raptors".

Reactions: Clive
It'll be something like this, I believe, but there won't be a 180 ft tall top hat. It doesn't fit the theme of "raptors".
I heard there was going to be an element that was going to be tall. First It it was rumored above 200, then brought it down to around 180. I at least hope its in the 150's or 60's? It can't just be low to the ground turns bc that would be way too similar to potter.

I heard there was going to be an element that was going to be tall. First It it was rumored above 200, then brought it down to around 180. I at least hope its in the 150's or 60's? It can't just be low to the ground turns bc that would be way too similar to potter.
Unless they are inversions...

Reactions: Scott W.

I don't think Universal are even allowed to build over 200ft because of zoning restrictions.

That was never anything I heard.

I don't think Universal are even allowed to build over 200ft because of zoning restrictions.

Go to 12:55 and you’ll hear him talk about the “supposed” stats of the ride. Also, Midwaymayhem wasn’t the only person I heard saying it would be 200ft. I agree the height seems exaggerated but it there was said to be a fairly tall point in the ride coming out in the skyline.

Edit:

Last edited:
Go to 12:55 and you’ll hear him talk about the “supposed” stats of the ride. Also, Midwaymayhem wasn’t the only person I heard saying it would be 200ft. I agree the height seems exaggerated but it there was said to be a fairly tall point in the ride coming out in the skyline.

12:55 where?

Edit:

Oh jesus not this again.

Reactions: alomar and Scott W.
Status
Not open for further replies.