Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

Coordinators/Ops can’t possibly stop everyone who uses flash. There’s too many and often their focus is on other things (if there was an incident with another scareactor for instance it eats into the time their eyes can be on the street). For the most part they do their best though. Stand in Harvest for a bit and you’ll see people getting flagged down left and right.

But killer klowns is so small, the night i was sitting there, it seemed like they were just letting everyone use flash. It was weird.

This happens, really, all the time though.

Screamhouse (2002) got shutdown twice during the run to pull up an ambulance. We had people urinating in the house itself. One night, our nurse (an 18 year old girl) went home early because 3 different grown men had punched her in the face before she was halfway done with her second set. I reported a couple I saw literally setting an ambush for another scareactor.

Point being, this stuff has always happened. There have always been obnoxious teens and angry, violent drunks in attendance.

I think the big difference is that, now, scareactors can be far more vocal about what they put up with. In turn, fans are far more aware of it so they actually see it now.

I know this happens every year and its something actors have to deal with, part of the job i guess,
But it is scary when you can die from getting punched. Theres been cases, a bad punch to the head with force can be that bad.
I always wonder what universal thinks of their workers being attacked every year. And the risks from that.

I guess, they have been lucky it hasnt been as bad

But killer klowns is so small, the night i was sitting there, it seemed like they were just letting everyone use flash. It was weird.

I know this happens every year and its something actors have to deal with, part of the job i guess,
But it is scary when you can die from getting punched. Theres been cases, a bad punch to the head with force can be that bad.
I always wonder what universal thinks of their workers being attacked every year. And the risks from that.

Scareactors stick together and try to help each other out so that’s why it usually never gets too bad and it’s also why Universal is quick to kick people let out of the event.

If someone is willing to do something to one actor, they’ll do it to others throughout the night. It’s really a safety thing as much as discipline.

Oh, performers have been seriously injured because of guests. But Uni has always been remarkably supportive of its scareactors. If a performer wants a guest trespassed, Uni will trespass them. If a performer wants to press charges, they’ll bring the cops to you.

When it comes to HHN, Uni tends to be more concerned about employee safety than a guest’s “good time.”

That really sucks. I'm really glad that I have never seen this ugly side of HHN. Ignorance is Bliss. I might be in my own little world, but I've never really encountered overly drunk or obnoxious guests during HHN. I hope my good luck streak continues. Sorry to all those who suffer.

Once during a regular day though there was human feces and vomit in Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit line ... :sick:. I have no idea how that happened but it's not something I would like to encounter again.

Oh, performers have been seriously injured because of guests. But Uni has always been remarkably supportive of its scareactors. If a performer wants a guest trespassed, Uni will trespass them. If a performer wants to press charges, they’ll bring the cops to you.

When it comes to HHN, Uni tends to be more concerned about employee safety than a guest’s “good time.”
This x1000

If there’s one thing not to do at HHN, it’s mess with the scareactors because you could be kicked out of the park, banned or even arrested. Universal will almost always believe a scareactor over a guest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Spent time in the zones tonight, and noticed a lot of actors pointing out the jerks to Ops. They were pretty on top of it. In one instance, somebody was being a little too chatty with Chucky and didn't want to leave after their time was up. Chucky called for "his favorite Brandon" and security showed up to tell the woman she needed to move on from the zone. After she left, Chucky shared his joy that the troublemaker left and got the crowd to cheer the Ops team.

Is the drinking gestapo out in force this year as it was last? I haven’t seen anyone complaining about it.

I haven't seen it this year, but also I didn't see it in prior years either.

As it should be. Universal rightfully gets a lot of poop for things but this is one thing I know they do well.

I know they kick the people out for hitting people, but how often do they get the police involved? Getting thrown out doesn’t seem like enough in these cases.

There was this one group of idiot kids Fri who were swiping at the Klowns. An ops member immediately stepped in.

I really, REALLY don't want to turn into an angry grandpa, but...GIT OFF MY LAWN YOU DAMN KIDS!

I'm starting to understand why they've reduced alcohol sales. I fear that these @$$holes will result in the event getting neutered in the future.

I know they kick the people out for hitting people, but how often do they get the police involved? Getting thrown out doesn’t seem like enough in these cases.
Police are involved with every trespass.

A trespass is a legal matter. It’s not some notional idea.

The one time I was severely assaulted, I told them I wanted him trespassed. The cops actually called me off set an hour later to give a statement and confirm that I didn’t want to press charges.

Not Security. OPD. They really don’t play.

Which is why I completely understand a string of quits when performers are unable to identify who is assaulting them because of their costume.

The one time I was severely assaulted, I told them I wanted him trespassed. The cops actually called me off set an hour later to give a statement and confirm that I didn’t want to press charges.

Which is why I completely understand a string of quits when performers are unable to identify who is assaulting them because of their costume.
More want assault charges every time. Everyone of these people deserve that.

That really sucks. I'm really glad that I have never seen this ugly side of HHN. Ignorance is Bliss. I might be in my own little world, but I've never really encountered overly drunk or obnoxious guests during HHN. I hope my good luck streak continues. Sorry to all those who suffer.

Once during a regular day though there was human feces and vomit in Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit line ... :sick:. I have no idea how that happened but it's not something I would like to encounter again.

One thing i notice is that a person might act normal in line but they let go and go crazy in the house.
You cant never tell. In 2009 i was in line for wolfman and these guys in front of me were going crazy inside the house trying to break props and going inside boo holes, or jumping and screaming. They did Not touch the actors, but were messing with the sets a lot. Trying to grab props. But as soon as they got out, it was all normal again.... its like, when they get inside the house their brains switch up to go crazy. So its hard to tell outside of being behing them.

How come universal doesnt ban people longer than one year? A year seems very short for attacking someone. Like a slap on the wrist for such a bad thing

One thing i notice is that a person might act normal in line but they let go and go crazy in the house.
You cant never tell. In 2009 i was in line for wolfman and these guys in front of me were going crazy inside the house trying to break props and going inside boo holes, or jumping and screaming. They did Not touch the actors, but were messing with the sets a lot. Trying to grab props. But as soon as they got out, it was all normal again.... its like, when they get inside the house their brains switch up to go crazy. So its hard to tell outside of being behing them.

How come universal doesnt ban people longer than one year? A year seems very short for attacking someone. Like a slap on the wrist for such a bad thing

There are lifetime bans.

Whats up everyone, I'm heading out again this Friday to the event. I'm not paying $140 for express, but I'll pay $70 for after 10pm lol, can anyone confirm if its been available these last few days at all?