What's new
Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 28: Revenge of Chucky

Hey does anyone have any info on this SZ? It's less than a week before open and there's only a few props out. My main concern when this zone was announced was how they could fill all of Hollywood with Chucky, and as of now it looks very empty. Is this due to the parade? Are we going to see more props/sets or is what they have out all of it?

The barr monkey stage throws water at you when the monkeys are on it posing for pics,
But the box throws way too much water, you basically end up with soaked pants....
The effect is cool, but the amount of water thrown is way to much

Originally I was very critical of this zone but it has grown on me the cast has gotten way more aggressive. So far one of the best moments of all of my trips happened in this zone. @happy bunny rabbit asked the operation doctor if he was a real doctor and immediately the actor went to hit his switch to drench him but thanks to some rabbit reflexes he ducked and I was hit square in the face with a hose of water. I was in disbelief for the rest of the night.
Cooled me off and spooked me good/10​

As a huge Chucky fan I am slightly biased but I do enjoy this zone. The interactions with the crowd from Chucky have been great and I love the "operation" game.

We don't attend every year and I've been gutted in the past few years to miss the Chucky stuff so glad I got to see it this time.

Loved this zone! I spent most of my time here listing to Chucky Roast People instead of the 80's zone.
Does anyone know what actor voiced him? He was really funny and witty.

The Highlight of my trip was speaking to Chucky! I was Frank BTW.

Another Video of the Zone

Agree with you, loved this zone, maybe my favourite the guy who plays Chucky is awesome and there’s some good costumes in this one.

I had a weird thought that the guy who plays Chucky is also the fountain in lost continent, but I’m probably wrong.

Finally spent a decent chunk of time in this zone tonight, pretty easily my favorite for the year. Clever costumes, cast dedicated to getting scares, and enough room that they can generally maneuver and do so. The ad libbed Chucky bits are just icing on the cake.

It's my favorite zone this year because it seems everyone is having fun.

Personally I think the Chucky show is a slight miss as it really ends up being like the "One-sided Phone Call" skit from Oh, Hello. Since you can't hear what the guest is saying literally EVER, it's just a one-sided interaction and you're left to fill in the gaps based on the very stagey way Chucky phrases everything.

Allow me to explain what I mean:

Personally I think the Chucky show is a slight miss as it really ends up being like the "One-sided Phone Call" skit from Oh, Hello. Since you can't hear what the guest is saying literally EVER, it's just a one-sided interaction and you're left to fill in the gaps based on the very stagey way Chucky phrases everything.

I could definitely see that when it gets crazy busy, but even if you took away Chucky and his stage, as a warped 80s afternoon cartoon zone this would still be my #1. The other costumes and actors are that good.