Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 386 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe they'll paint the buildings at the same time they repaint the sound barrier wall along Turkey Lake. That was also painted a primer color after having been green, so maybe it's a camouflage painting crew that will paint everything that needs it at the same time?

I find it highly unlikely that these buildings will be visible from the ride, and if they are, they will be themed to blend into the environment.
Being that these will have hookups for water and emergency shut offs for fire fighters, etc, I wonder if they must be reasonably easy to find and access, at least from a walking path from backstage.

Reactions: HPFred
Being that these will have hookups for water and emergency shut offs for fire fighters, etc, I wonder if they must be reasonably easy to find and access, at least from a walking path from backstage.

they could easily build a 'ruin" façade around the building, that would still make it identifiable.

Reactions: allaboutthatchase

Ground level could look very different from what you see on the coaster as you're about 10ft higher at all points. I'd imagine there would be a few posters dotted around the perimeter of the coaster locating everything that emergency services would need.

Reactions: Alicia
So this is forbidden forest? What else is left to build? Mom, priviot dr. , chamber of secrets, great hall, . Universal might as well do a full build out. Get the whole experience in Orlando.

I don't think people are necessarily calling this the Forbidden Forest, but it seems more like it's seeming to be partly how Muggles see Hogwarts, as a series of ruins.

The Chamber of Secrets, Forbidden Forest & Great Hall in a sense, have been already done in Forbidden Journey; and that Pivot Dr. really doesn't have anything to offer for any form of experiences.

Odds are, for the core Potter series..this and Ministry will be what's left for USF and IOA, and then we may see an influence of the Fantastic Beasts franchise down south.

That said, I am interested to see what the new structures add; as they clearly aren't from previous stories in the Potter franchise on a large scale. Even the Barn building isn't even looking like Hagrid's Hut.

I don't think people are necessarily calling this the Forbidden Forest, but it seems more like it's seeming to be partly how Muggles see Hogwarts, as a series of ruins.

The Chamber of Secrets, Forbidden Forest & Great Hall in a sense, have been already done in Forbidden Journey; and that Pivot Dr. really doesn't have anything to offer for any form of experiences.

Odds are, for the core Potter series..this and Ministry will be what's left for USF and IOA, and then we may see an influence of the Fantastic Beasts franchise down south.

That said, I am interested to see what the new structures add; as they clearly aren't from previous stories in the Potter franchise on a large scale. Even the Barn building isn't even looking like Hagrid's Hut.

Building a Forrest by hog warts and it’s not the forbidden Forrest? Idk

Last edited:
Building a Forrest by hog warts and it’s not the forbidden Forrest? Idk
Let me put it this way...

If this was Forbidden Forest, we would've likely seen this coaster earlier on. And that, there is nowhere in the Forbidden Forest that has buildings to the scale and detail as the ruins...and that barn. Atleast, as of now.

The best bet at this point, is a new location; and would partially explain a part of the secrecy, considering that this coaster may have a locational impact in the lore of the series.

Reactions: Ryno27
Let me put it this way...

If this was Forbidden Forest, we would've likely seen this coaster earlier on. And that, there is nowhere in the Forbidden Forest that has buildings to the scale and detail as the ruins...and that barn. Atleast, as of now.

The best bet at this point, is a new location; and would partially explain a part of the secrecy, considering that this coaster may have a locational impact in the lore of the series.
Sounds like a missed opportunity

Reactions: Magistra
One thing that I’m liking about the construction so far is that they’re planting the trees now, so they have time to grow in and support themselves, instead of the mess that was Volcano Bay with all the wooden supports against the trees. It will look better at opening

Reactions: therock and Ryno27
One thing that I’m liking about the construction so far is that they’re planting the trees now, so they have time to grow in and support themselves, instead of the mess that was Volcano Bay with all the wooden supports against the trees. It will look better at opening
There is hardly another way to plant full grown palm threes than have the supports. Palm tree have very small roots. They could have planted seeds but then you probably also complained, right.

The tall trees at the Potter coaster have metal grids to lock the trees in. They can use that methode because these trees have a wider root system so they can be supported by that.

Status
Not open for further replies.