Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every time I walk straight out to the lagoon viewing area at IOA entrance I am alone.....nobody there other than myself and my gal. Nobody looks at that awesome view in my experience....sadly. I don't see any adverse impact effecting the general public.

All indications are it’s heading right in front of the DC, as seen from across the lagoon. It’ll hopefully probably be low enough to as not block the facade much, if at all, as it passes directly in front.

If it were me, I would be taking out that bottom set of stairs and running track through there, and then tunnel the other track under the top level "plaza." Keeps the track low and unobtrusive while still adding energy to the immediate area. Also continues to allow access to the lagoon platform.

It is probably just me that's in love with the view of the DC from across the lagoon, as well as up close. Honestly, that's my "castle" in Orlando, more so than Hogwarts, and yes, even Cindy's. Something about JP has always just connected with me.

If it were me, I would be taking out that bottom set of stairs and running track through there, and then tunnel the other track under the top level "plaza." Keeps the track low and unobtrusive while still adding energy to the immediate area. Also continues to allow access to the lagoon platform.

It is probably just me that's in love with the view of the DC from across the lagoon, as well as up close. Honestly, that's my "castle" in Orlando, more so than Hogwarts, and yes, even Cindy's. Something about JP has always just connected with me.
I feel that way too. It was the park’s original weenie and I still stand in awe in front of it when I visit.

Just like having Rip Ride Rockit poking out at the end of the street at USF in front of the NY facades, I think this is IOA’s version of that. I can’t blame Universal for wanting to add more energy to the park, and I’d much rather this then they get rid of the DC building altogether.

Last edited:
I will eat my phone if this is in any way something more intense than a family coaster with immersive theming

I just do not have any indication Uni will build another scream machine coaster any time soon

Yea. This will be more intense. Possibly the most intense coaster on property (but hopefully a lot smoother than Hulk)

I was curious when this iteration of the rumour started in this massive thread, so I was flipping through it and this made me laugh... as well as @Alicia introducing herself as a new member.

Time to eat that phone.

I was curious when this iteration of the rumour started in this massive thread, so I was flipping through it and this made me laugh... as well as @Alicia introducing herself as a new member.

Time to eat that phone.

Let me research some recipes first.

I’m still surprised they’re going this route. I would have thought they were done with these kinds of coasters. But I’m not gonna complain if this turns out to be like Taron. That thing looks fun

Pathways / routes will change from in front of DC to the overflow bridge. Widening of the pathway I'd expect around the current games area.

Time to eat that phone.
Sounds yummy.

Also, so weird going back and seeing my first post. Love that even back then it was about rumors and speculation:

Hiya, new member, first time posting...

When I asked an employee at Terrace Cafe if the restaurant was closing they told me it would go down for refurb for a short while like a month or two, but that it was not closing down.

Originally I had heard they were going to reclaim the land and use it as queue for the new Kong ride, but now it seems that the Terrace restaurant will instead stay, but be rethemed for Skull Island. That would put the new entrance to JP just beyond the restaurant, closer to the ride and Camp Jurassic.

Given that JP island already has Burger Digs, a pizza window, and the Watering Hole, it wouldn't be the end of the world to lose Terrace to Kong. And more importantly, this gives Skull Island something more substantial than just a ride and gift shop.

For me personally, I love the Terrace Cafe. It's nice to get something besides just burgers and it's cool to get those big ears of corn with the husks on them. So I'm glad to hear it's sticking around, regardless of what island it's officially a part of.

Just say “Thunder Falls,” past me, c’mon!

I’m REALLY inclined (with no evidence) to believe this ride might be Taron-like, with single cars. It’ll be something that stands out from HP and Hulk. The cars would be themed like JP Jeeps.

That way, they’re existence in front of the DC makes perfect, thematic sense.

upload_2018-10-22_23-12-2.jpeg

I’m REALLY inclined (with no evidence) to believe this ride might be Taron-like, with single cars. It’ll be something that stands out from HP and Hulk. The cars would be themed like JP Jeeps.

That way, they’re existence in front of the DC makes perfect, thematic sense.

View attachment 8249

Okay that would be super cool and clever

But then we would need to call it the “Must Go Faster Coaster”

My friend who is working on this project has confirmed that the Jurassic park coaster is being built by Mack rides and it will be one of their standard launch coaster's and it will feature 2 launches and will be one of the longest launch coasters in the world

My friend who is working on this project has confirmed that the Jurassic park coaster is being built by Mack rides and it will be one of their standard launch coaster's and it will feature 2 launches and will be one of the longest launch coasters in the world
Long multi-launch coaster (around Taron's 4,600 ft) and 2 launches seems to line up with what I have heard, but I keep hearing Intamin. Strange.

I'm hoping, either way, that we at least get a show scene to kick the ride off.
First launch along with these guys maybe as scene 1?

giphy.gif

What about inversions?

Status
Not open for further replies.