Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

2018 Rumor Thread

I honestly think Disney doesn’t care about Marvel rights in Orlando. If they ever got them they would need to close done an area on top of spending probably over a billion dollars again for a new area which wouldn’t increase attendance that much.

I honestly think Disney doesn’t care about Marvel rights in Orlando. If they ever got them they would need to close done an area on top of spending probably over a billion dollars again for a new area which wouldn’t increase attendance that much.

A billion dollars for a land with no rides or a retheme or RRnC. Add the pressure of trying to top Hulk and the greatest ride of all time.

That's the ugly truth of the matter. Disney fans think WDW is nimble and scrappy, but the fact is they'll end up folding in the cost of acquiring the rights into a cross coast budget for the rides and I don't think DLR or WDW want that.

Plus Jim said Wicked was replacing Blue Man Group years ago. Dude is a stan for Wicked.

So if Pokemon really is going to get going in January, seems like the upcoming attraction schedule will look like this:

Early/Mid 2019: Bourne Show
Summer 2019: Potter Coaster
Summer/Fall 2020: Jurassic Park Thrill Coaster
Summer 2021: Pokemon
Late 2022/Early 2023: Park 3/Supporting Resort
Fall 2023(?): Zelda to Lost Continent

I think there's a chance of another project in USF in there as well...but that's a really great lineup IMO

What about the replacement of FFL and/or Sinbad?
giphy.gif

Sindbad would be apart of the LC closure though, even though it really does seem like FFL is going to live on for a bit longer..

It's crazy to think they will just let Sinbad sit vacant for that long, but it wouldn't be the first time they've done that... (looking at you Toon Lagoon Theater)

Yawn. Why can't they give us something better than this? They dropped the ball on thinking Fast and Furious would do well for them and now this? Sorry but I don't care about shows, I'd rather see some attractions lol
A show is an attraction though. It’s replacing a show in a small location. Not more that could be done.

So if Pokemon really is going to get going in January, seems like the upcoming attraction schedule will look like this:

Early/Mid 2019: Bourne Show
Summer 2019: Potter Coaster
Summer/Fall 2020: Jurassic Park Thrill Coaster
Summer 2021: Pokemon
Late 2022/Early 2023: Park 3/Supporting Resort
Fall 2023(?): Zelda to Lost Continent

I think there's a chance of another project in USF in there as well...but that's a really great lineup IMO
I had heard from somewhere they were aggressively shooting for "one new attraction per year per park", unless that was wrong?

I'm crossing my fingers for an aggressive timeline:
2019: USF Bourne Show and IOA Potter Coaster
2020: USF ??? and IOA Jurassic Park Thrill Coaster
2021: USF Pokemon and IOA Zelda
2022: new park

Edit: could have Sing On Tour for USF in 2020. This attraction is currently slated for Japan in Spring 2019 (to replace Horror Makeup Show).

Last edited:
I had heard from somewhere they were aggressively shooting for "one new attraction per year per park", unless that was wrong?

I'm crossing my fingers for an aggressive timeline:
2019: USF Bourne Show and IOA Potter Coaster
2020: USF ??? and IOA Jurassic Park Thrill Coaster
2021: USF Pokemon and IOA Zelda
2022: new park

From my understanding UOR is considered a single park in that "one attraction per park per year". So I would not expect both UOR parks to get attractions each year.

From my understanding UOR is considered a single park in that "one attraction per park per year". So I would not expect both UOR parks to get attractions each year.
I see. So you think Bourne + Potter in 2019 will be an atypical year?