Seuss Landing Expansion Speculation | Page 24 | Inside Universal Forums

Seuss Landing Expansion Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
because they should build one when they expand suess landing.

abby-lee-miller-dance-moms-shaking-head-face.gif

Even if the movie is spectacular (which, judging from those previews, I don't think it will be), I don't think they could build a ride based directly off the Illumination movie anyways. All of Seuss landing is done in Dr. Seuss's signature hand-drawn style, and it would feel jarring and out of place if they suddenly built a ride in Illumination's style in it.

I mean, who's to say it can't be contained in a Mini-Land style, connected to Seuss landing by the shapes and building styles from the rest of the land, but with the textures and tones from the new film?

Gives a lot of faith for Mario huh? :thumbsdown:
I think that may have a better chance, with someone overseeing the project for quality control... They're not going to want a re-do of the 1990s Mario flop on their hands after all.

But yea, I'm super disappointed that Illumination seems to be going downhill... Who knew that rushing the preproduction stage on something like a 3D animated film would result in mediocre films. Oops. Maybe they should start taking an extra 3 months in the writing phase going forward.

As for Seuss Landing, I think the biggest concern was that the Grinchmas Jim Carey-esque style character be replaced with the new Illumination one. Other than that, I don't see anything else possibly changing around there, even if the film was a success. During non-holiday times the book version of the Grinch does meet and greets, so it would only be the holiday overlay I'd be concerned about.