Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1) | Page 410 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for the triple post, but...
You can see the new internal road in the below map from the same document in Appendix G. It is highlighted in yellow and the Kirkman extension is circled in blue. The map is oriented with the top being east.
View attachment 8267
This isn't really a "map" but rather the output of a traffic projection model. The locations of road segments are only approximations and not worth trying to read into at all. I'd say the only thing worth taking away from this is that they are planning an east-west interior road, with a connection to Destination Pkwy, and a eastern "tail" beyond that. Everything else should probably be ignored, possibly including the traffic projection numbers given that they show thousands of cars driving into Shingle Creek each day.

In a fun bit of info from Drew the Intern, a lot of dump trucks are making their way to Universal Orlando's plot, in the realm of 200+

Yea, I'm across the street once a week at UCF and at any given time during the day there's at least 20 trucks entering and leaving the premises moving dirt. The place is packed with them and they are in full gear and have been for the past few months.IMG_0169.jpeg IMG_0172.jpeg

And in case anyone is curious about the haul route or where the fill/excavation material is coming from/going to, here's the Mass Grading and Fill permit again that I posted back in July before the work began:

9Fd553z.png

They've got over 400 acres to grade and will be moving over 2 million cubic yards of material and the permit expires in June of 2019. They're definitely gonna need a lot of trucks!

Dirt is being mined from the big GreenBay sand mine off 27 (North of I-4, west of four corners) technically in Davenport/Four Corners. See Green Bay | Jahna

Oh, so that's probably why the dump trucks have been flooding 192 more than I used to see. Some of those contractors/drivers, though...I'll be glad when the volume of dump trucks goes back to normal.

Reactions: acquaz and JoeCamel
And in case anyone is curious about the haul route or where the fill/excavation material is coming from/going to, here's the Mass Grading and Fill permit again that I posted back in July before the work began:

9Fd553z.png

They've got over 400 acres to grade and will be moving over 2 million cubic yards of material and the permit expires in June of 2019. They're definitely gonna need a lot of trucks!

That is 150,000 loads (18 cu yd per load) so 300k one way trips and if they run 200 trucks (observed guess) 750 trips for each truck. Wonder how many trips a day each truck can make?
My guess having driven it is 4 maybe 5 unless they are running extended hours. 192 and 27 can really back up during rush hours or when it rains and WDW dumps out not to speak of the horror that is I-4.

Last edited:
Last Monday universal sent updated plans to the county for both of their new site back of house development projects. Neither plan appeared to contain significant changes from prior versions, and the most noteworthy thing was a comment that the two sections will be "developed concurrently". Both projects are now on the agenda for discussion at a Nov 7 meeting.

We should know a lot more in the coming weeks and months, but right now I would bet that true construction on the warehouses and offices begins in the first half of 2019.

Hey guys! Never know if this goes here or the 4th park thread. But Universal appears to have filed plans for the roadway system around the Universal Boulevard land. Looks to have major interchanges and roundabouts to accommodate the heavy flow of traffic. As always, I link to the story (behind a paywall) but I'll share the images below.

Story link: http://bizj.us/1pqpcu

Have a great day!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-10-29 at 12.08.47 PM (2).png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-29 at 12.08.47 PM (2).png
    324.7 KB · Views: 104
  • Screen Shot 2018-10-29 at 11.49.08 AM (2).png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-29 at 11.49.08 AM (2).png
    686.5 KB · Views: 105
Status
Not open for further replies.