T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread | Page 119 | Inside Universal Forums

T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
That went from sounding like a machine gun to a helicopter.

I'm really hoping that it goes down that route. Something similar to the Horror Make Up Show in style but based around Bourne. I hadn't seen that show until last month for probably close to a decade and it was great plus it allows for it to evolve and adapt. If the show is a stinker, they have the ability to fix it.
Helicopter in the show Confirmed. :lol:....Just kidding, but that would be cool if they could pull something like that off. Better than the drone (that everyone thinks is a copter) in F&F.

Reactions: universal_fanatic
Although you're joking... You're right, there actually is a helicopter in the show from what I understand

Forget Bond or Bourne, Miss Saigon confirmed! Seriously though, if a Broadway show can have a full size practical helicopter fly on stage, I think it should be a cake walk for Universal to do the same.

Forget Bond or Bourne, Miss Saigon confirmed! Seriously though, if a Broadway show can have a full size practical helicopter fly on stage, I think it should be a cake walk for Universal to do the same.
It was not a full size helicopter, the original didn't even had a rotor but a string that turned around fast. But the effect is great and I'm sure Universal could pull it off. I always believed the helicopter in KongFrontation.
So, About Miss Saigon’s Real Onstage Helicopter… | Playbill

Oh boy the hype machine is in OVERDRIVE for this thing.

Does anyone know if this show will bring back the "behind the scenes" storytelling of old-school Studio attractions? I know it's something both DHS and USF have moved away from but I kind of miss the movie-magic theme that distinguished the park from IOA. I can't for the life of me figure out how they can even pull this attraction off if they go for a more immersive, realistic vibe. What the heck will the "story" be? How will they theme the queue? Why are we entering an art-deco facade in Hollywood to see Jason Bourne swing from ropes? Will this end up being a "temporary" attraction similar to the Pirates and Narnia walkthroughs at DHS or do they legitimately believe this will stand the test of time?

Does anyone know if this show will bring back the "behind the scenes" storytelling of old-school Studio attractions?
Probably not.

What the heck will the "story" be?
Probably that we have to catch Jason Bourne, but he ends up being a good guy in the end.

How will they theme the queue?
High tech government spy lab, and probably a Mini Cooper in there somewhere, as I am hearing this is more first movie than extended franchise as far as story goes.

Will this end up being a "temporary" attraction similar to the Pirates and Narnia walkthroughs at DHS or do they legitimately believe this will stand the test of time?
Not temporary. (But then again, it's not like anything is sacred at Universal anymore, so not stand the test of time for decades down the road either.)