Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

So when Galaxy's Edge opens up, which ride are you guys running to first?

I'll answer this question seriously: Alcatraz/Battle Escape, no question. I'm expecting it to be a Top 3 ride in all of Orlando if the things we've been hearing about it are accurate (numerous AAs, gigantic sets, and basically every trick in Disney's book, both physical and digital). Consequently, this is the ride that will devastate me the most if it underwhelms.

I'm not overly jazzed for the Falcon aside from the novelty of being in the cockpit; I expect it to basically just be another Star Tours-y simulator. I'm sure it will be fun, certainly, but kind of old news. I don't believe the interactivity will really prove to have much of an impact. This ride, though, is the one that stands the greatest chance of pleasantly surprising me since I'm not expecting it to be anything terribly special.

Last edited:
I'll answer this question seriously: Alcatraz/Battle Escape, no question. I'm expecting it to be a Top 3 ride in all of Orlando if the things we've been hearing about it are accurate (numerous AAs, gigantic sets, and basically every trick in Disney's book, both physical and digital). Consequently, this is the ride that will devastate me the most if it underwhelms.

I'm not overly jazzed for the Falcon aside from the novelty of being in the cockpit; I expect it to basically just be another Star Tours-y simulator. I'm sure it will be fun, certainly, but kind of old news. I don't believe the interactivity will really prove to have much of an impact. This ride, though, is the one that stands the greatest chance of pleasantly surprising me since I'm not expecting it to be anything terribly special.
I concur on both of your assessments. Battle Escape should be something really special.

If Battle Escape disappoints I think it will bring the entire park down. They better be pulling out ALL the stops. There is no reason a brand new Disney ride can't compete as one of the best rides in the world. They have the ability to make it happen.

If Battle Escape disappoints I think it will bring the entire park down. They better be pulling out ALL the stops. There is no reason a brand new Disney ride can't compete as one of the best rides in the world. They have the ability to make it happen.

That it's being overseen by the man who oversaw the current greatest ride on the planet (Spider-Man) gives me a lot of confidence that they're going to pull it off.

This is what Bob had to say about the lands:

Well, on the Star Wars Lands, these are the biggest lands that we've ever built. And in both cases, not only are they big in size and scale, they are huge in ambition in terms of both the experience that we aim to create, meaning the immersive experience, as well as the specific experiences people will have and the attractions namely in both cases too, very, very innovative and we believe compelling and exciting e-ticket attractions. And so, we think that they're going to have a major impact. And Disneyland -- clearly, it's the biggest thing that we've ever done at Disneyland since it opened in 1955. And we think it's going to drive huge increase in demand and we're going to have some interesting challenges on our hands to manage that demand, but that's a good problem to have.

And then in Florida, we have four parks, Star Wars Land there is going into the Studios Park -- the Hollywood Studios Park, where we opened Toy Story Land not that long ago. And we've aimed to actually grow the attendance to that park, which has lagged a bit over the last number of years, because we haven't invested anything that is even this close to size or scale or of compelling nature of it. So we think in both cases, they will have a dramatic impact positively on both businesses.

Interesting that Iger states that DHS attendance has lagged over the last number of years. That should be news to TEA which steadily declares attendance increases for DHS.....Well, once GESWL opens, DHS will 'truly' have attendance increases and no longer need TEA's 'fake news' increase estimates. :lol:....Iger knows what the 'real' attendance is. :)