Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 448 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I they only one disappointed in getting another coaster. The fact it's going to mess up the potter bridge makes me very disappointed.

No but it is a theme park fan complaint. I think it’ll be a great addition.

Nah, a new ride is a new ride. Doesn't matter where it is, a new ride will have people make a beeline whether they see it or not.

I mean sort of? Guests are drawn towards Hulk because they see it inside the park, same thing for rides like Raptor and Gatekeeper at CP. On the other hand saying “new Jurassic Park ride” and people know where it’ll be.

Any chance that the track could be two coloured to make it visible when it needs it to and to help it blend into other areas?

I think a green track seems like the obvious choice but it might be too similar to Cheetah Hunt if it’s a similar track and they already have one green coaster in the park already.

Any chance that the track could be two coloured to make it visible when it needs it to and to help it blend into other areas?

I think a green track seems like the obvious choice but it might be too similar to Cheetah Hunt if it’s a similar track and they already have one green coaster in the park already.

I'm also not sure they're gonna go for having 2 green roller coasters prominently visible in the same park

Am I they only one disappointed in getting another coaster. The fact it's going to mess up the potter bridge makes me very disappointed.
Yup. Gives me little hope the new park will actually be DisneySea level like some have stated.
There will be a section of this new coaster so tall in one area, people will literally be unable to miss it.
Yup, trading one eyesore for another.

Thanks for the confirmation.

Universal will never reach Disney’s best when it comes to theming a park. Oh well, at least I’m getting Nintendo.

Yup. Gives me little hope the new park will actually be DisneySea level like some have stated.

Yup, trading one eyesore for another.

Thanks for the confirmation.

Universal will never reach Disney’s best when it comes to theming a park. Oh well, at least I’m getting Nintendo.

Biggest gripe with Uni I have.

They go all out on Potter, F&F queue (yes, the ride sucks but the Queue was done very well), Transformers, but then they go ahead and do things like RockIt and Doctor Doom that takes away from everything else. Yes, get it, people want coaster, I want coasters, but when Universal wants to praise themselves as a leader in themed environments they ruin it with obvious ride buildings and bare coasters. If this coaster had the opportunity to be away from guest areas, I'd be fine with it. But in clear view (somewhat in the middle of the park) of other areas, I just can't get over it. I love coasters, and I'm sure this will be a good one, but it's really gonna take away from JP's immersiveness.

I hope that Universal impresses me. I don't want a Flying Dinosaur situation where they end up removing a bulk of the foliage.

There's not enough room for a fully themed coaster in this section of the park. Yes, it sucks, but we're still getting a themed coaster right next door, and entirely new land right next to that, and a ground-up park being built down the road (where they can prepare for all options ahead of time, so they won't be putting any massive bare-bones coasters in years down the line because they didn't have enough space) It'll be fine.

Plus, it'll still be a great ride. I'm okay with it, because this should be the last bare-bones coaster we'll see for a long, long time.

There will be a section of this new coaster so tall in one area, people will literally be unable to miss it.
5Gag.gif

:eek:O:

I have a running theory that for most people they judged themed entertainment on what Disney does, paints a bullseye around it, then says that's the metric to hit.

Yeesh...that's kind of Busch and Sea World's thing...We'll see how it works
I think that's the idea. Jurassic Park is a zoological park and with attractions much like Busch Gardens and SeaWorld. When the animal exhibits are not enough to entice people it's time to add some rides.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
The new Jurassic park coaster is like a mix of icon at Blackpool pleasure beach, helix at liseberg and copperhead strike at carowinds.but it will be faster then all of them.

I think that's the idea. Jurassic Park is a zoological park and with attractions much like Busch Gardens and SeaWorld. When the animal exhibits are not enough to entice people it's time to add some rides.

I would very much agree to this. Especially when you consider Jurassic World; they were trying in the first of the two films to keep guests coming to the destination. And in doing so, they did things that were not just zoological; such as the entertainment complex, and other various things for those guests to do.

:eek:O:

I have a running theory that for most people they judged themed entertainment on what Disney does, paints a bullseye around it, then says that's the metric to hit.
As @JungleSkip stated, Universal is not Disney. If WWoHP had been left to Universal without WB and JKR's input and approval, the final product would've been very different. WWoHP also happens to be the most "Disney" area in Universal by far. Disney and Universal have very different cultures, mindsets, and guidelines. At Disney, the story is paramount to anything else and the culture is very perfectionist. Universal doesn't play by the same rules. They're different.

In many ways, Disney is Apple and Universal is Google.

Seems like Universal wants to reinforce the branding of IOA as their Thrill Theme Park. The new South park will probably be well rounded to attract just about every demographic, like MK is. With the Studios park being a different creature of sorts, that will give Universal three quite diverse parks to market. Sounds like a good business decision to me, if indeed, that's what they're looking to do.

Seems like Universal wants to reinforce the branding of IOA as their Thrill Theme Park. The new South park will probably be well rounded to attract just about every demographic, like MK is. With the Studios park being a different creature of sorts, that will give Universal three quite diverse parks to market. Sounds like a good business decision to me, if indeed, that's what they're looking to do.

IOA was billed as the MK for Universal with the kids rides and fantasy theme. Universal removed two coasters, they’re adding two back. This seems like an odd narrative.

Reactions: IOAGuy
IOA was billed as the MK for Universal with the kids rides and fantasy theme. Universal removed two coasters, they’re adding two back. This seems like an odd narrative.
Maybe it was billed/envisioned that way , especially with the original Cartoon World concept, but that wasn't the way it turned out. It's Universal's thrill park no doubt.....and it may have been teo coasters technically removed, but, for all intents and purposes it was one attraction, just like the racer coasters in some other parks. One coaster "attraction" would be replaced by two coaster "attractions" if this rumor materializes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nick and Andysol
Status
Not open for further replies.