Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me keep hope alive!

Screen-Shot-2014-12-16-at-9.56.53-AM.png
He's
tilting-at-windmills.jpg

Oh joy, a roller coaster debate.

Look, regional amusement parks aren't regional because of their ride selection, and no, Six Flags are not theme parks. There is nothing bad about a thrilling roller coaster with visible track and supports in a theme park. Absolutely nothing...well, short of it just being a terrible ride. *cough*RockIt*cough*

The only thing I'm potentially bummed about is if it doesn't stay low in front of the lake side of the DC. Otherwise, I'm entirely positive about this addition, though it is admittedly because its a serious coaster.

A roller coaster in a land themed to a theme park is immersive. It makes perfect thematic sense unlike what Disney is doing with Tron.

TRON-Lightcycle-Power-Run-Roller-Coaster-image-1.jpg

The Tron coaster is suppose to be inside a computer, but even Disney realizes that visible coasters are cool.
Technically, in the story, the outdoor section of track is before we enter the computer. As explained in Chinese the canopy section is the "Upload Conduit". The actual track was custom designed to resemble a cable. I'm sure many will roll their eyes, but in my opinion the section fits the story. Just as Slinky Dog fits its story. And a Jurassic Park coaster would fit its story. It's a bit of a stretch, but it works.

As far as the Jurassic coaster goes, I'm a tad concerned about the possibility of it being branded a Jurassic World ride, as I think a remodel of the land would be needed to maintain the integrity of the story. (Either rebrand everything Jurassic World, or re-theme the JP facades to look more rundown as in the JW movie.)

Nearly every time I bring a group of friends from out of town to Universal for their first time, the second we walk in the park I get asked if we can ride the big roller coaster first. Weather it's Hulk at IOA or RRR at USF these giant coasters with "exposed supports" are super popular with guests. I always have to remind myself when I become too snobby about themeing, if the ride is great, people will love it. You don't always have to build a mountain or a show building around a roller coaster.

As far as the Jurassic coaster goes, I'm a tad concerned about the possibility of it being branded a Jurassic World ride, as I think a remodel of the land would be needed to maintain the integrity of the story. (Either rebrand everything Jurassic World, or re-theme the JP facades to look more rundown as in the JW movie.)
Except, technically, we're not on Isla Nublar when we're at IoA. It's Isla Adventura, where canon doesn't exist.

Oh my man, “COASTERZ” was the OG “SCREENZ”. We’ve just rotated back to it

YUP. Called this one awhile ago we’d wrap back around to it. And before that people were complaining about Universal rides being only major thrill dark rides and broke down all the time.

It’s why I don’t pay much mind to the coaster debate as it’s trite and shows the goal posts get moved very frequently for Universal.

I like how the argument completely against coasters is mainly stemmed from one or two users on this board. Posting over and over again doesn't make you a majority.

People love roller coasters, themed for not. People also love thrill rides.

There is a reason why they typically have the longest waits in any park. Themed or not.

Nearly every time I bring a group of friends from out of town to Universal for their first time, the second we walk in the park I get asked if we can ride the big roller coaster first. Weather it's Hulk at IOA or RRR at USF these giant coasters with "exposed supports" are super popular with guests. I always have to remind myself when I become too snobby about themeing, if the ride is great, people will love it. You don't always have to build a mountain or a show building around a roller coaster.
agree. In Hollywood you hear comments about how people are excited that the Mummy is a roller coaster (albeit a short one) and not a screen ride. The Mummy is well themed but in the end I think more roller coasters will benefit the Universal brand. No more Fing Screens

Status
Not open for further replies.