Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Admittedly, the Creatures didn't work, but oh man I really liked that house. Felt like a glorious redneck party. Great Southern rock soundtrack. I'd put it about on par with Sinema.

I know. I loved that house too. It reminded me of a old PC game called "Redneck Rampage" It was like I was in the game in real life. lol.

I'm starting to come to the realization that my favorite HHN houses are those comedy houses. I mean Creatures, Slaughter Sinema and Leave it to Cleaver are pretty high on my favorite's list. Its sucks I missed H.R. Bloodengutz! I probably would've loved that house. I don't really get scared in houses so I guess that's why I'm loving the comedy houses so much. That and houses with good detailed sets.

They were literally too big for the house. Too big for the boo-holes. Too big to be set as props.

im shocked that something like this got passed by them... specially with all the work that goes into the event. i would never think this could have happened lol (to big for boo holes, yeah thats possible) but too big even as props, thats nuts

I know. I loved that house too. It reminded me of a old PC game called "Redneck Rampage" It was like I was in the game in real life. lol.

I'm starting to come to the realization that my favorite HHN houses are those comedy houses. I mean Creatures, Slaughter Sinema and Leave it to Cleaver are pretty high on my favorite's list. Its sucks I missed H.R. Bloodengutz! I probably would've loved that house. I don't really get scared in houses so I guess that's why I'm loving the comedy houses so much. That and houses with good detailed sets.

I too, really enjoy comedy. But, I prefer it to be isolated into one house. I love me some really intense houses. Two particular houses really stick out as relating to very particular fears of mine, neither of which are/will be held in high regard by most. They were IT (related to my fear of plane crashes, the theme was really well designed--you were made to want to get out of the ship fast, which made the conga line work to the house's advantage) and Seeds (related to my fear of climate change--the opening text was one of those rare HHN moments that actually filled me with sheer dread).

Last edited:
I find it interesting that Netfix seems to be so nice to work with from what we hear. and how they are willing to work with the event. same with Blumhouse
feels like a breath of fresh air compared to what happened with the SCREAM house and with how uni has to deal with other companies, or stephen King

i wish i knew why he hates his movies becoming haunted houses, i demand an answer.

Things I think have at least a decent chance to happen:
- Killer Klowns (house)
- Haunting of Hill House
- Stranger Things 2 (obviously)
- Something, Something, Blumhouse
- A Quiet Place

Loved*

Specifically, Orlando's version.
I know that by the time Netflix and the Stranger Things cast did the Orlando version, they had done all other Stranger Things houses at the other HHNs and with overwhelming praise they said Orlando's was the best.

I know that by the time Netflix and the Stranger Things cast did the Orlando version, they had done all other Stranger Things houses at the other HHNs and with overwhelming praise they said Orlando's was the best.

the whole cast or just the kids?

the whole cast or just the kids?
The kids.

I would assume, if Hellraiser comes; it'd be a mixture of the First and Second.

__

A thought...occurs.

If Kidzone is FINALLY going under, what will that mean for P79 as a Maze Location, and more strongly..the queue's for the new Parade Building location?

It's a..interesting thought, to say the least; as while they did extend the backstage ramps to the right of MIB, I would doubt they'd be able to get in 4 queues in there that easily.
The only way I can see it is if they use the gate between the Simpson's Ride and Kwik-E-Mart. Go back there, and take quite a few turns (left, right and another left to be exact) and you'll end up at the new Parade building. But it's really the only way to get back there if they plan on having KZ closed off during HHN.

The problem with that location is that it's literally right next to a compactor, which, with the amount of trash seen on an HHN night, is necessary to be able to access. Now it could still be accessed, but this entire area is a hub of activity for Park Ops so I have no idea how they would be able to make it happen.

Last edited:
Reactions: SeventyOne
Do they tho? They are building that garage extension right now. Only the house would take up space. The queue would lead straight back to the park.
Yes. They need it badly, even with the garage and the extension of it that they're building. Everyone who is part-time or Full-time or in any managerial position at the company (and some season employees who have it grandfathered into their IDs) gets access to park there and there's not enough room. Many departments are told their employees have to park in CityWalk all the time, an 800 spot addition to an already very large garage is not going to cure this problem, just merely ease the stress.

Also, I don't think you guys realize what goes on back there. There is an extremely busy road backstage that any queue would have to pass through to get to the TM Parking lot. This is not a short walk by any means. I will guarantee you right now that this never happens.

EDIT: One last reason a TM lot tent won't happen is SECURITY! Everyone who comes in back there has to go through a metal detector and scan an ID. If guests are walking from in park, to out of the park boundaries and then flowed back in once done, it opens up a serious security concern.

Imagine for a moment someone gets into the tent back there through one of the exit doors for cast and then they join the conga line. That's someone who just snuck into the park with who knows what on them and with what intentions. It's just not a good idea all around.

Last edited:
I’m gonna take a wild guess and say aov will not be back. I don’t think it lived up to the expectations everyone had for it to be a show that took the main hhn stage.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I’m gonna take a wild guess and say aov will not be back. I don’t think it lived up to the expectations everyone had for it to be a show that took the main hhn stage.
Not too crazy. Even some people I know who like them agree it needs to go as it's just the same thing every year it's been around and it only appeals to a certain demographic whereas I felt like something like a B&T (or the Beetlejuice show that was proposed last year) are the types of shows that appeal to larger crowds.

So I just want to say I really loved HHN28 and I have to say based on what I saw and the opinions of others here are my predictions:

Safe Bets:
- Stranger Things 2
- (Killer Klowns from outer Space)

Likely:
- Some Blumhouse poop :D (sry but I don't think that another Blumhouse house would be a good idea)
- Sabrina or Haunting of the Hill House
- Universals Classic Monsters

What I’d Wish Could Come
- A new or "re-"used (Cindy, Eddie) Icon to fill the IP Gap
- Conjuring
- IT (very unlikely)
- Beetlejuice
-Tucker & Dale vs Evil
-Attack of the Swamp Yeti
-a new Scary Tales

Should not come back:
-AoV
-Dead Exposure (not the best house in my opinion)
-Halloween (sry it is not scary)

I went to the 2nd night of the passholder Q and A this year. There was something in the way that they answered a question about 10 houses that got my attention.

The answer started off as a hint that they already knew they would have more than 10 houses for HHN30, but in that, I could really sense a slight nervousness as the gentleman that was answering seemed to understand that it would mean that 29 had to go bigger than 10 houses.

The real thing I got from the whole event was that 90% of what the fans think is just wrong....things like ‘they are trying to make it family friendly’ or ‘there is a cabin theme going this year’ while the folks behind the event are more like...hmmm, yeah, interesting coincidence, but we did not PLAN it to be that way....

My Predictions:

Safe Bets:
- Stranger Things 2
- The Haunting of Hill House

Wouldn’t Be Shocked to See:
- Hellraiser
- The Thing
- Killer Klowns from Outer Space
- Happy Death Day 1+2 OR Blumhouse 3.0
- Classic Monsters

What I’d Wish Could Come
- Halloween 2018
- The Conjuring Universe
- Scream
- IT
- Suspiria
- Silver Screams 2 + The Usher

Also wouldn’t be surprised to see 10 houses, 2 shows, and potentially an icon
Suspiria (the one dead meat did) would be hard, old film (French) BUT would have awesome sets

Not too crazy. Even some people I know who like them agree it needs to go as it's just the same thing every year it's been around and it only appeals to a certain demographic whereas I felt like something like a B&T (or the Beetlejuice show that was proposed last year) are the types of shows that appeal to larger crowds.

it makes me sad because of loved them so much the first year, but this AOV show this year was completely disappointing and just weird.
i dont want them to leave but i wish the show this year was darker and more fun to do. the first year was just so incredible. and the one this year was just so annoying.
but then we have no bill and ted AND now AOV.................................... :bigeye:
what can universal do then? they might just bring AOV out of necessity. just because they dont have Anything Else

Same goes for Chucky and Trick r Treat. But Trick r Treat is an exception because it was a beautiful house with some good scenes

every year has houses that are not scary. people praise leave it to cleaver so much but it was probably the least scary house Ive ever done. the one house that did not get me even once.
Chance's 3D house was a house that ended up being cute and not scary at all. not one bit. from dusk till dawn is not only the leats scary house that year but one of the most repetitive houses that ive ever seen. at least Halloween had some cool sets at the end

Reactions: HHNSK
it makes me sad because of loved them so much the first year, but this AOV show this year was completely disappointing and just weird.
i dont want them to leave but i wish the show this year was darker and more fun to do. the first year was just so incredible. and the one this year was just so annoying.
but then we have no bill and ted AND now AOV.................................... :bigeye:
what can universal do then? they might just bring AOV out of necessity. just because they dont have Anything Else
I don't mind if AOV is at the event next year, but it can't be the marquee show. It needs to be in Hollywood again with a better show as the main one.

every year has houses that are not scary. people praise leave it to cleaver so much but it was probably the least scary house Ive ever done. the one house that did not get me even once.
Chance's 3D house was a house that ended up being cute and not scary at all. not one bit. from dusk till dawn is not only the leats scary house that year but one of the most repetitive houses that ive ever seen. at least Halloween had some cool sets at the end
It doesn't have to be scary but then it has to be special or at least funny and Halloween isn't special or funny.