Seuss Landing Expansion Speculation | Page 25 | Inside Universal Forums

Seuss Landing Expansion Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Movie looks bad but the actual character doesn't seem like a dumpster fire like the Carey one.
I actually think it looks like a good time, but I recognize my satisfaction bar is lower than a lot of people's.

I like Jim Carey's Grinch :eek:ut:

I like the character at Islands, a lot. Don't really care for the movie, but the character is a hoot.

At the media event for Universal Orlando's new holiday line up last year the Grinch made an "unannounced" appearance and it was the highlight of the presentation. You could feel the room light up. He came in and made fun of everyone and talked derisively about the holidays. It was great. The grumpy shtick is so good with that character.

I think that may have a better chance, with someone overseeing the project for quality control... They're not going to want a re-do of the 1990s Mario flop on their hands after all.

But yea, I'm super disappointed that Illumination seems to be going downhill... Who knew that rushing the preproduction stage on something like a 3D animated film would result in mediocre films. Oops. Maybe they should start taking an extra 3 months in the writing phase going forward.

As for Seuss Landing, I think the biggest concern was that the Grinchmas Jim Carey-esque style character be replaced with the new Illumination one. Other than that, I don't see anything else possibly changing around there, even if the film was a success. During non-holiday times the book version of the Grinch does meet and greets, so it would only be the holiday overlay I'd be concerned about.
They’ve been actively going downhill with every movie after the first Despicable Me imo.

Reactions: tankart150
I mean, people can complain it's going to be bad...but the thing will probably end up making close to 300 mill domestic.

Ehh, I think it will face some tough competition from Fantastic Beasts and Ralph Breaks the Internet.

But perhaps we can move this chat over to the thread for the movie since the chances of seeing this at Seuss Landing are nil.

No surprise, Illumination movies in general are just downright terrible. I can't believe Universal has the galls to greenlight this. We already have a Grinch movie and that was the Jim Carrey one lol.

Blasphemy! Everyone knows the one true Grinch adaptation is the animated 1966 TV special. Both the Jim Carrey and and Illumination movies can go rot in a ditch.

Blasphemy! Everyone knows the one true Grinch adaptation is the animated 1966 TV special. Both the Jim Carrey and and Illumination movies can go rot in a ditch.
giphy5.gif

I think the Grinch is just one of those characters that can be interpreted in many different ways, and is sort of reflected of the time it's made in (original was more traditional in tone and morals, Jim Carrey's Grinch was way more zany, and this one we have now is supposed to be more lovable and sarcastic).

We watch the following Holiday movies/specials every year...

Christmas Story - Probably my favorite of all time, with Christmas Vacation a short second)
Christmas Vacation
Charlie Brown Xmas
Grinch Stole Xmas (original cartoon only)
Rudolf
ELF
Wonderful Life
Home Alone (part 2 is everything that's wrong with 80s/90s film sequels, the same exact plot regurgitated)
Gremlins