Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 388 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
After seeing this POV of the upcoming Zadra at Energylandia, I'd give up my house to get a ride similar to this, but with Universal-caliber theming. Build it into a mountain and it'd be Everest on steroids.

I would think the opposite.

While I hope for Universal Monsters to get a bit of the limelight for gate 4, Fantastic Beasts (and Potter) will still continue to grow as a franchise. And once FB even ends, there are still seemingly a lot of places to go.

I think we really need to see how CRIMES OF GRINDELWALD performs at the box office (domestically and internationally). If it at least matches the first movie's total, I think its chances of being represented in the next theme park are pretty good.

Reactions: DisneyDoof
With the success of #StrangerThingsDay...

Do we think that was trying to pull more people for HHN? Or.. was that testing the waters for a potential permanent Stranger Things attraction/land in a future park?

Reactions: therock

Do we think that was trying to pull more people for HHN? Or.. was that testing the waters for a potential permanent Stranger Things attraction/land in a future park?
We've been discussing that in the Stranger Things thread: HHN 28: Stranger Things | Page 17 | Inside Universal Forums

And I talked about the possibility on my blog: Will Universal Orlando Open a Year-Round Stranger Things House? – Orlando ParkStop

EDIT: Oh, in the future park... Nah. Don't think so.

A few other bold predictions:
  1. If Jurassic World goes into IOA, the parks' name will not be Fantastic Worlds. IOA will have three lands containing the word "World" by then: Wizarding World of Harry Potter: Hogsmeade, Jurassic World, and Super Nintendo World: Hyrule. It could confuse guests.
  2. An IP previously refused by all known insiders will be there.
  3. Although Jurassic World may not make it into the new park, the gyrosphere ride system will. But it will be used on Classic Monsters.
  4. The whole 23 attractions number we've been hearing about is off by double digits.
  5. Universal will gamble on an adult IP, and it'll backfire in a big way.
  6. SNW will not be the best land in the park.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
  1. If Jurassic World goes into IOA, the parks' name will not be Fantastic Worlds. IOA will have three lands containing the word "World" by then: Wizarding World of Harry Potter: Hogsmeade, Jurassic World, and Super Nintendo World: Hyrule. It could confuse guests.
  3. Although Jurassic World may not make it into the new park, the gyrosphere ride system will. But it will be used on Classic Monsters.
  4. The whole 23 attractions number we've been hearing about is off by double digits.
I highly doubt #6.

And if they did, I'd say USF would be the place for it, not a new park.
Good way to keep the current parks fresh!

Also, nice to meet you Alicia. Love your channel/podcast!

Do I smell a "Bold Predictions" thread?

Reactions: Magic-Man

I think Stranger Things could make a solid dark ride if done properly.

Whether it happens or not, I’m not too bothered but I think the crucial point is that Universal and Netflix are developing a strong relationship and there might not be anything that develops out it for a while but at some stage, a killer IP will arrive and if Universal have first dibs on it, then it’s a great situation to be in.

Most “insiders” haven’t indicated they know ALL the IPs (though Disneyhead may). The Worlds are tightening up though.

And I’m fairly certain the “23” was IPs - not attractions.

Make it happen!

I think Stranger Things could make a solid dark ride if done properly.

Whether it happens or not, I’m not too bothered but I think the crucial point is that Universal and Netflix are developing a strong relationship and there might not be anything that develops out it for a while but at some stage, a killer IP will arrive and if Universal have first dibs on it, then it’s a great situation to be in.

Agreed. Netflix is a VERY powerful partner to have.

Status
Not open for further replies.