Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Budget Cutz: Disney Edition

I did the after hours at MK back in January ‘17 and everything (that was open) was a walk on. For SDMT they actually opened the fast pass queue to make it easier to get on the ride. Essentially you have the park to yourself and can walk right on without the crowds. We are doing both the DHS and AK after hours in January ‘19 so I can report back on how it was and crowd levels etc. We did buy at the pass holder rate (platinum pass) so we should be able to get our moneys worth.
Paying again to get into a park you already have a season pass to is the opposite of getting your money's worth.....

Paying again to get into a park you already have a season pass to is the opposite of getting your money's worth.....

Yet Locals pay to go to MNSSHP, and MVMCP, which both have far larger crowds. Sure they also have unique entertainment, but worth is something that I think is very subjective.
As @Nick said worth is subjective to each person, I would say it’s worth it riding and reriding rides and attractions as many times as you can within the allotted time with little to no crowds. As a non local (NY) we try to maximize the amount of time we are in the parks and riding/seeing attractions and this is a small price to pay to get more done.

I'd consider it a money grab related to budget and is getting a bit beyond crazy, they are really sapping the borderline crazy Disney fanatic market here for all it is worth.

Clearly it is but again what's sad is the lack of imagination--and the fear of losing money outweighing the desire to make it. With a relatively minimal investment, DHS could have a Halloween party that sells 20k tickets a night at $100 a pop. Plus tons of new merch. Or a Christmas event in DAK. Or Jungle Book Night, Or a dozen other things.

Instead,they just copy what they've seen MK do, even if MK a completely different experience. The stifling lack of creativity is their biggest enemy.

Clearly it is but again what's sad is the lack of imagination--and the fear of losing money outweighing the desire to make it. With a relatively minimal investment, DHS could have a Halloween party that sells 20k tickets a night at $100 a pop. Plus tons of new merch. Or a Christmas event in DAK. Or Jungle Book Night, Or a dozen other things.

Instead,they just copy what they've seen MK do, even if MK a completely different experience. The stifling lack of creativity is their biggest enemy.

I would love to see something like a night time "adventure" at DAK. Small groups go round with a tour guide acting as if we are really in Africa/Asia etc. Pretending we are actually walking through the jungle while doing one of the treks.

I agree that overall the party’s are actually a good value for what you can get done in a short period of time (especially if you buy the Passholder/DVC rate)

My issue is that it’s basically Disney profiting off of a problem that they created.
What was the problem?

The problem is the long lines created by Fastpass and overall lack of ride capacity. Add in the hassle of using booking Fastpasses to begin with, these parties are created to cater to an audience that want a theme park experience that used to come standard back before Fastpass began in the late 90’s.
Maybe Disney should get rid of Fastpass+ and Fastpass overall?