Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios) | Page 183 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm more interested in is how everyone is just assuming DHS hasn't increased attendance whatsoever based on Iger's comment. Has no one ever listened to company reports? Does no one trade in the market?

"Underperforming" or "Lagging" does not mean "loss". It could mean growing 1-3% instead of a projected 4%. It simply means, not hitting projections. It *could* be a loss, but it doesn't mean it is.
You're right, the park could simply be failing to be meeting it's expectations. However, as I said earlier, all it takes is being in the park for a bit to realize that the park is really just empty almost all the time, especially last year before TSL, when TEA gave DHS 10M+ visitors. Based on my visits last year, I don't see how that number is possible.

Do you need a hotel reservation to sign up for the Epcot or Magic Kingdom after hours DVC parties?

I remember that DVC had signups online same as APs for Pandora, and special times early in the morning. Not sure on other specifics though.

No. A hotel reservation just gets you earlier access to the DVC party sign-ups. If you are a local you can still go. I've been to five parties (two at MK, one at DAK and two at Typhoon) and haven't stayed at a hotel for any of them.

Correct. An on-site reservation allows you to register 1 week earlier than non-reservation DVC members. Additionally, you don't need a park ticket. I'm familiar with that.
What I'm asking is did you need a park ticket or a reservation to book for Pandora (or did it give you earlier access a la DVC Moonlight Magic)

You're right, the park could simply be failing to be meeting it's expectations. However, as I said earlier, all it takes is being in the park for a bit to realize that the park is really just empty almost all the time, especially last year before TSL, when TEA gave DHS 10M+ visitors. Based on my visits last year, I don't see how that number is possible.

Going in for 2 hrs and then leaving would also make the parks appear dead while still giving them high attendance numbers. There is no question in my mind that the park was much more barren, I've seen it. But that doesn't necessarily equate to a lack of gate clicks.

That said, there's no doubt spend is down in the park, significantly.

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
I mean... the real alternative was they could have started work at both coasts at the same time and opened them at the same time in summer of 2019!
True. WDW has always been about 3 months+ behind because DL started in January and DHS started in April 2016. DHS also had much more demolition to tackle than DL did, however.

Correct. An on-site reservation allows you to register 1 week earlier than non-reservation DVC members. Additionally, you don't need a park ticket. I'm familiar with that.
What I'm asking is did you need a park ticket or a reservation to book for Pandora (or did it give you earlier access a la DVC Moonlight Magic)
For me, yes, because I did the AP previews. I actually don't remember there being DVC previews, but maybe I just missed those.

At this point SWL is like Nintendo for me. I don't care how long it takes as long as it's done and done as best as it can be.
I agree. The period of time where DL's is open and DHS is still under construction is gonna be the biggest struggle for me as I want to keep things relatively spoiler free for when I go in.

Reactions: Mike S
True. WDW has always been about 3 months+ behind because DL started in January and DHS started in April 2016. DHS also had much more demolition to tackle than DL did, however.

Fair, but DL did have to reroute the river and the railroad first, though, so they were not free from extra legwork before the real construction could begin.

I also seem to remember someone on here saying that there is only one team that can program and test the rides. Once they finish up at DL they would go over to DHS and get that one up and running. Therefore staggering construction timelines between both coasts would allow that to work.

I also seem to remember someone on here saying that there is only one team that can program and test the rides. Once they finish up at DL they would go over to DHS and get that one up and running. Therefore staggering construction timelines between both coasts would allow that to work.

I've heard this, as well, but I'm not sure I really believe it. If there's only one small group that is capable of programming and testing the rides, how could Disney possibly ever open entire new theme parks, with multiple big rides, at once?

Reactions: HPFred and Mad Dog
The real joke is the assumption that DHS has stronger attendance then DCA. We all know it’s just the first click calculation that messes with the numbers.

In an..spur, DHS is focusing on the ground before installing the Falcon, as opposed to how DL is handling it.

From Bio,

Different construction methods on each coast, much due to the weather in each respective city. since it rains more in Orlando, they probably wanted to pour for the ground now while we are in a relative dry season rather than install the Falcon and then have rains pick up again, thus making this a harder task.

Reactions: Alicia
Remember when they showed off the Avatar AAs and everyone was sure they’d be all over the land, and then there was only one?

Good times.

Not saying that will be the case here, but let’s not get ahead of ourselves.
I actually don’t remember ever thinking that was a realistic possibility, no. Maybe I didn’t infer stuff that wasn’t said in a PR video?