Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread

High tech government spy lab, and probably a Mini Cooper in there somewhere, as I am hearing this is more first movie than extended franchise as far as story goes.

Interesting... we finally got some minor gossip about this damn thing!

Probably that we have to catch Jason Bourne, but he ends up being a good guy in the end.

I guess we can be rookie "recruits" attending some kind of training seminar but the "help us catch the bad guy" usually only works on rides. Having a hundred of us all sit in a giant auditorium to watch stunts kind of throws any plot like that out the window.

Lots of work going on inside. The back wall has been removed and lots of construction workers were going in and out through the missing wall. Wasn’t able to grab a picture but I’ll try to get one when I’m heading out.
I went to The Kitchen for lunch yesterday...you can definitely see a missing wall from the bus loop...I didn't take a pic because security was right there watching me haha

Quick question (I checked several pages back)

Wasn't there some discussion of this theater functioning like the 'carousel of progress'? Maybe my memory is wrong.

Quick question (I checked several pages back)

Wasn't there some discussion of this theater functioning like the 'carousel of progress'? Maybe my memory is wrong.
Not that I have heard. Don't believe there is enough space for something like that.

There were some rumors of it utilizing a motion theater from Dynamic Attractions, but haven't seen any actual evidence of that. As far as I can tell it'll just be a normal theater with one screen and an expanded stage for more live action stunts.

Thanks for the response. I had recently heard that some type of rotation of either the stage or the audience will be part of this attraction. Just couldn't remember if that had been discussed before or not.
It will be interesting to see if that info has any validity going forward.

Thanks for the response. I had recently heard that some type of rotation of either the stage or the audience will be part of this attraction. Just couldn't remember if that had been discussed before or not.
It will be interesting to see if that info has any validity going forward.
An onstage turn-table wouldn't be outside the realm of possibility.

image0.jpg

Sounding like this attraction may be more substantial than many of us were anticipating. I wonder if Universal somewhat altered & upgraded the concept midstream, and stepped away from any F&F type comparisons, once they saw the negative reaction to F&F.

An attraction doesn’t get reworked like that a year before opening.