SeaWorld Orlando's Sesame Street | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

SeaWorld Orlando's Sesame Street

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I too possibly thought that the building could be used for a show, possibly like the one they have at BGT. It does seem a little small though. I'm not sure what else they would put in there aside from a gift shop or food. I feel like if it was a show it would have been announced already? I don't know.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a performance space in the middle of the area much like they did at BGW. Rather than a theater, just a stage in the middle of the area.
P1320767.jpg

P1330959.jpg

It's really starting to take shape! Looks like they're hoping for an early spring opening on this, maybe spring break/Easter?

I think it would be in their best interest to have it open by then to take advantage of those crowds. Looking at it, I don't see why it couldn't be open early March. I think it would be a waste to try and hold off until May/Memorial Day. I'm in several SW groups on Facebook and lots of parents are upset there isn't much for their younger children to do at the moment.

Screamscape is reporting they have all the names of the new attractions...Are these all new flat rides or are they re-theming the rides that were in Shamu's Happy Harbor?

2019 - Sesame Street Land - (11/8/18) Going into a bit more details about SeaWorld’s new Sesame Street area, we’ve got the list of six ride names and descriptions for the land.

Abby’s Flower Tower - Pick a flower pot and up, up, up you go! Spin around high above the ground while you get a magical view of Sesame Street at SeaWorld.

Slimey’s Slider - Slide and glide as you rock and whirl through Oscar’s treasured compost collection for a grouchy good time.

Super Grover’s Box Car Derby - Get ready… get set… Super Grover’s great box car race is about to begin! This family-friendly coaster is full of fun hills, big turns and mini-dives. It’s the perfect first steel rollercoaster for kids and adults.

Cookie Drop - Cookie Monster dropped his cookies! Laugh your way up and down on this crumbly, crazy, family-friendly vertical drop ride.

Elmo’s Choo Choo Train - All Aboard! Help Elmo find some of his favourite things in nature during this bell-ringing, horn-honking train ride.

Big Bird’s Twirl ‘n’ Whirl - There’s no napping in these nests. Get ready to twirl and whirl in your very own nest on this family favorite tea cup ride with Big Bird.

Last edited:
Screamscape is reporting they have all the names of the new attractions...Are these all new flat rides or are they re-theming the rides that were in Shamu's Happy Harbor? Also, how are they the only ones running with this news?

2019 - Sesame Street Land - (11/8/18) Going into a bit more details about SeaWorld’s new Sesame Street area, we’ve got the list of six ride names and descriptions for the land.

Abby’s Flower Tower - Pick a flower pot and up, up, up you go! Spin around high above the ground while you get a magical view of Sesame Street at SeaWorld.

Slimey’s Slider - Slide and glide as you rock and whirl through Oscar’s treasured compost collection for a grouchy good time.

Super Grover’s Box Car Derby - Get ready… get set… Super Grover’s great box car race is about to begin! This family-friendly coaster is full of fun hills, big turns and mini-dives. It’s the perfect first steel rollercoaster for kids and adults.

Cookie Drop - Cookie Monster dropped his cookies! Laugh your way up and down on this crumbly, crazy, family-friendly vertical drop ride.

Elmo’s Choo Choo Train - All Aboard! Help Elmo find some of his favourite things in nature during this bell-ringing, horn-honking train ride.

Big Bird’s Twirl ‘n’ Whirl - There’s no napping in these nests. Get ready to twirl and whirl in your very own nest on this family favorite tea cup ride with Big Bird.

You can see the names and description along with logo on the SeaWorld website too Sesame Street - Meet Your New Neighbors in 2019 | SeaWorld Orlando

I'm not familiar with the area beyond the coaster... how many of those sound like rethemes and how many sound new?

Is there any room for expansion for this?

Seems like a waste opportunity not to have a dark ride of some sort go in as well.

That entire chain only operates one other dark ride... and that’s Antartica. The other Sesame Street lands (including the entire Sesame Place Park) don’t have one, so I wouldnt expect a dark ride here.

The only Sesame Street dark ride is at Universal Studios Singapore, and the one being built at Port Aventura. More realistic would be a theater for the 4D Sesame movie (though, that was formerly shown at BGT long before any of the target audience was born). The goal was clearly to build a place for a parade, and that’s certainly coming.

All the rides listed (so far) are just re-themes of the current rides already in the area:

Abby’s Flower Tower = Jazzy Jellies
Pick a flower pot and up, up, up you go! Spin around high above the ground while you get a magical view of Sesame Street at SeaWorld.

Slimey’s Slider = Ocean Commotion
Slide and glide as you rock and whirl through Oscar’s treasured compost collection for a grouchy good time.

Super Grover’s Box Car Derby = Shamu Express
Get ready… get set… Super Grover’s great box car race is about to begin! This family-friendly coaster is full of fun hills, big turns and mini-dives. It’s the perfect first steel rollercoaster for kids and adults.

Cookie Drop = Flying Fiddler
Cookie Monster dropped his cookies! Laugh your way up and down on this crumbly, crazy, family-friendly vertical drop ride.

Elmo’s Choo Choo Train = Seven Sea's Railway
All Aboard! Help Elmo find some of his favourite things in nature during this bell-ringing, horn-honking train ride.

Big Bird’s Twirl ‘n’ Whirl = Swishy Fishies
There’s no napping in these nests. Get ready to twirl and whirl in your very own nest on this family favorite tea cup ride with Big Bird.

Reactions: Magic-Man
Super Grover’s Box Car Derby = Shamu Express
Get ready… get set… Super Grover’s great box car race is about to begin! This family-friendly coaster is full of fun hills, big turns and mini-dives. It’s the perfect first steel rollercoaster for kids and adults.
Interesting how they specified steel rollercoaster, hmmmm...

#bringoscarswackytaxitoflorida

Reactions: Magic-Man