Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Knott's Berry Farm

I see KBF throwing only festivities for their centurial. I hate to say it but Knott's has teased so much yet time and time again fail to deliver a mega or giga of any kind. They even acknowledged before Coast Rider was announced that they know word on the street has been a mega coaster but that fans would have to wait and see. Hate to say it, but I don't see it happening. I'd love to be proven wrong though.

On a side note, any updates about Monte? Screamscape said it valleyed on Saturday. We were there Sunday (not knowing that news), and it was closed and just cycling over and over, but never opened (as far as we saw, but we left mid afternoon).

I think something like DC Rivals would be a nice fit for the park, so long as it's not too close to Ghost Town. It could dive in and out of the backstage area by Ghostrider.

Take with a grain of salt, however this does fall in line with something that I was told by someone at the farm. Supposedly Team Members and ride-ops were telling guests today that Bigfoot Rapids will be closing on Oct 1 for a major refurb thru memorial day next year.

I was told late last year that a big retheme was in the works for Bigfoot and that the aging attraction and its surrounding area would be getting A LOT of love. Again, take with many grains of salt.

Take with a grain of salt, however this does fall in line with something that I was told by someone at the farm. Supposedly Team Members and ride-ops were telling guests today that Bigfoot Rapids will be closing on Oct 1 for a major refurb thru memorial day next year.

I was told late last year that a big retheme was in the works for Bigfoot and that the aging attraction and its surrounding area would be getting A LOT of love. Again, take with many grains of salt.

I remember hearing something like that last year, but I thought nothing of it.

Apparently..this is also going around in other areas too. If that's the case, then I am all up for it. It deserves the love, as in it's layout and intensity, I much prefer Bigfoot to Roaring on any day.

Interesting. Anything on Mystery Lodge or Pony Express leaving?

This would make sense. Knott’s has yet to announce a 2019 project and they have been pretty adamant about adding something new every year. I can’t imagine they would just let Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge dominate and they sit sleeping.

Knott's Berry Farm Historical Photos Buena Park California

The Knott's Berry Farm amusement park in Orange County, California originated from a berry farm owned by Walter Knott (1889-1981). In the 1920s, Knott and his wife, Cordelia, sold berries, berry preserves and pies from a roadside stand beside State Route 39, near the small town of Buena Park.

If it's true, then this has begun.

From Parks & Cons,

Adding fuel to the fire, there is no reopening date for Bigfoot..

Last edited:
Isn’t it normal for parks to drain their water rides after peak season? Not saying this won’t happen, but that picture is hardly a confirmation of anything.

More came out of the woodwork supporting Bigfoot retheme as well, though most insinuate that the "Bigfoot" theme would not necessarily be dropped, but instead be incorporated into the story of Calico moreso than ever. Also most say that Mystery Lodge's entrance would get a touch-up as well as possibly any sightlines showing the bare showbuilding but the attraction should be staying the same for now. Mostly we're looking at a total renovation of the rapids ride and the surrounding area as mentioned, and it'll be announced sometime around IAAPA next month.

A new expedition in an uncharted territory awaits eager explorers with the upcoming debut of Calico River Rapids, opening at Knott’s Berry Farm in summer 2019. Knott’s white water raft ride, currently known as BigFoot Rapids, will undergo a major renovation with the addition of new features to the attraction including new animatronics, themed show scenes, a new story overlay and plenty of dynamic water effects.

Calico River Rapids will take voyagers on a search for new land through the outskirts of Calico. Rafters will encounter a variety of wild surprises along the way, such as roaring rapids, and indigenous wildlife. The circular raft ride, which seats six passengers, will traverse through unexpected twists and turns, rushing waters and rapid currents as it navigates the unexplored river path.

upload_2018-11-13_11-13-37.png

Last edited: