Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022) | Page 57 | Inside Universal Forums

Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Huh? Fake unload has had fire since late June. It's now November. So that's 5 months since that effect was fixed. One or two people reported treasure room fire was working in August but if it was, it was a very short time. Treasure room has been operating without fire for almost a full year now. It's either a budget cut or the world's slowest repair job.
When Disneyhead and I rode it in May the Treasure Room fire was working but the Fake Unload wasn't. When I rode it with Alene a few days before the ride with Disneyhead, they were both working. Seems like working vs. non working has been all over the map.

Reactions: tankart150
When Disneyhead and I rode it in May the Treasure Room fire was working but the Fake Unload wasn't. When I rode it with Alene a few days before the ride with Disneyhead, they were both working. Seems like working vs. non working has been all over the map.

That sounds more like an intermittent sensor issue... like when a screen doesn’t come on with Spiderman.

That sounds more like an intermittent sensor issue... like when a screen doesn’t come on with Spiderman.
I doubt that's the case considering the comments on the official UO twitter account. They posted a short video of Mummy recently and people specifically asked about the lack of fire in the treasure room. If it is indeed a sensor issue, it is definitely not "intermittent." It appears it was turned off entirely for a while, turned back on in August for a bit, and then turned back off.

Fire effects could easily be on or off from one ride vehicle to the next. My understanding of those effects is that there are sensors monitoring temperature which will shut the effect down as required when the temperature exceeds a certain point. So it may work for 10 or 20 times, but when the heat reaches a certain point it may stop for a few cycles to let things cool off. I seem to remember seeing a TV show about Busch Gardens Escape from Pompeii ride (which has the same fire effects) explaining the monitoring systems.

Fire was off in the treasure room every time we rode last weekend. Fire was on in the fake unload every time though. Very odd to me that its off in one part of the ride but on in another. I don't think the fire was ever on in the treasure room because there was no propane smell like there is when the fire effects are working. On a side note, the treasure room feels odd when the fire is not working. Still a great ride but the fire does add to the experience.

This ride needs a total refurb and update to its effects. Went from one of my favorite attractions ever to almost a joke with how bad everything looks nowadays. I hope Universal opts for a refresh or "plussing" rather than installing a new ride in a few years... But lord this ride needs some love bad.

Ok can we retire the idea the fire in the treasure room is "on again, off again" depending on the situation? It's been reliably OFF for almost a full year with some people saying there was a brief period in August where it was working. Is treasure room fire destined to become Universal's Yeti? :doh:
As a consolation, there are some neat new lighting effects before the treasure room

I went on the ride three times times today (at two different periods of the afternoon). The fire in the throne room was not working in any of my rides. I'm trying to remember if fire was working when I was at HHN three weeks ago.

I’ve been waiting years for the turntable room to actually be dark enough again where the only thing you can see is the actual projection of Imhotep. That effect has been ruined much longer than the fire.

To be fair, that effect isn't broken. It's just a bad side effect for their efforts to trying to plus the ride. I don't think there's an easy fix to it other than going back to the old projections, which would just be a waste of money.

Reactions: Coolbfitz