Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 544 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yeah, it's about time we talked about that ride system..

So-far, with the best estimations I currently have (alongside from talking with someone who was involved on Fox Dubai before that went to the crapper); Sons of Anarchy will be using the Dynamic Attractions Dual Power ride system. And if you have been keeping attention to the images..they're a sight to behold.

It'll be the test, but if that ride system as it works out in concept translates to a daytime setting..imagine what it'd be like for an controlled environment.

Also, props to AR implementation; a long-standing rumor of Mario Kart.

Reactions: Skubersky
Sooo, Seth Kubersky (TP/Unofficial Guidebooks) is saying probably not, in comments on Alicia's site.

My article says probably not too. But damn if the coincidences between this thing and the Mario Kart ride aren’t compelling. Add that to the fact that Dynamic is/was working on SNW and it’s certainly going to merit discussion.

I wonder if Dynamic got fired from MK and put their best concepts for it out for hire. Why else include Sonic the Hedgehog sounds in the video, along with Ring collecting during the AR segment, being that Sonic is Mario’s competitor. Tin foil hat stuff lol.

My article says probably not too. But damn if the coincidences between this thing and the Mario Kart ride aren’t compelling. Add that to the fact that Dynamic is/was working on SNW and it’s certainly going to merit discussion.

I wonder if Dynamic got fired from MK and put their best concepts for it out for hire. Why else include Sonic the Hedgehog sounds in the video, along with Ring collecting during the AR segment, being that Sonic is Mario’s competitor. Tin foil hat stuff lol.
Ahhhh...Conspiracy theories galore. Political ambitions? :) ;) :lol:

Do we have an idea an idea how long the wait between Hollywood and Orlando will be? I was thinking about this last night. Technically they’re both in the “land clearing” phase so I can’t imagine anymore than a year with the very least being 6 months or something similar to Star Wars.

Do we have an idea an idea how long the wait between Hollywood and Orlando will be? I was thinking about this last night. Technically they’re both in the “land clearing” phase so I can’t imagine anymore than a year with the very least being 6 months or something similar to Star Wars.
I’d guess 2-3 years. Orlando has an entire resort to clear for before starting construction.

I’d guess 2-3 years. Orlando has an entire resort to clear for before starting construction.
Isn’t that already underway? And I thought the expected opening was 2022. Hollywood would have to be opening the same time as Japan for your timeline.

No way does the new park open in 22
I think the assumption has been 2023 based on reports but IOA didn't truly begin construction in earnest until 1997 and it soft opened in spring of 99. I know this project requires more ancillary support (roads, infrastructure, parking, etc) but based on the recent photographs of the land preparation, 3 1/2 years of construction from today to Summer 2022 is more than enough to have it up and running by then. It all just depends on Universal's grand plan but time definitely isn't the factor preventing it.

Reactions: Mike S and youhow2
I think the assumption has been 2023 based on reports but IOA didn't truly begin construction in earnest until 1997 and it soft opened in spring of 99. I know this project requires more ancillary support (roads, infrastructure, parking, etc) but based on the recent photographs of the land preparation, 3 1/2 years of construction from today to Summer 2022 is more than enough to have it up and running by then. It all just depends on Universal's grand plan but time definitely isn't the factor preventing it.
That’s my thought process too. If everything is mostly in place to get started 2022 isn’t that unreasonable.