Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Six Flags Magic Mountain

Here’s a wild idea for Fright Fest next year: IF it becomes a hard-ticketed event, they would have a bigger budget to work with. That being said, what do you think of them doing Arkham Asylum?

Yeah I know, WB just did it and they’re protective of who lets them use their IPs; however, WB already did it (and was woefully executed) and if they don’t bring it back for their event, why not let SFMM do it? They already have the DC properties there and have done stuff with WB.

After seeing Fright Fest’s new houses, I’m sure they would do a much better job than WB. Heck, their Arkham house at WB felt like a late 2000’s Fright Fest house. I just want to see a properly-executed DC house with the Joker and I think SFMM is now at a position to where they can.

I have to give credit to the park for constantly having security around Crazanity’s queue and exit during Fright Fest. Without it, that 120min+ stand still line can generate some line hopping and guest frustration.

Last edited:
After my annual trip to SFMM in October, I'm actually more open to the idea of West Coast Racers being added next year. Remember I was very disappointed by the news a few months ago. Here's why that changed.

Maybe it's because I'm getting older, but marathoning big boy coasters is a lot more taxing that what it used to be. I always get the Gold Flash Pass, so I never have to wait in line.

TBH, after doing Riddler's almost back to back and the other big coasters, I was starting to get headaches. The lifesavers for me were Ninja, Goldrusher, JL, oddly enough Superman, Jet Stream, Roarin' Rapids, Revolution, and Lex Luthor.

I hate to sound like a p*$$*, but TC was too intense for me by the time I rode it. I was almost finished by then. I really appreciated the milder thrills in between the big rides.

That's why I think West Coast Racers is a good addition. It looks a mid-level intensity that is going to be somewhere between TC and Revolution thrills wise.

Crazanity was an awesome ride, but it was one of the last rides of the night for me and my body was done by then. Next time, it will be one of the first rides I do so I can enjoy it even more.

I'm taking back what I've said in my earlier posts. I want SFMM to focus on more mid-level thrill rides, flat rides, and family attractions. They definitely have enough big boy coasters and then some.

Also, for as much flack as Full Throttle gets, I just love how SMOOTH the damn ride is, the lack of head-banging due to no OTSR, and yes I love how it's a short and repeatable ride. Kinda like Superman. Not every ride has to be 2-3 mintues. I'm probably the only person that has ever said that. Lol

Oh and X2 continues to be my favorite coaster of all time.

After my annual trip to SFMM in October, I'm actually more open to the idea of West Coast Racers being added next year. Remember I was very disappointed by the news a few months ago. Here's why that changed.

Maybe it's because I'm getting older, but marathoning big boy coasters is a lot more taxing that what it used to be. I always get the Gold Flash Pass, so I never have to wait in line.

TBH, after doing Riddler's almost back to back and the other big coasters, I was starting to get headaches. The lifesavers for me were Ninja, Goldrusher, JL, oddly enough Superman, Jet Stream, Roarin' Rapids, Revolution, and Lex Luthor.

I hate to sound like a p*$$*, but TC was too intense for me by the time I rode it. I was almost finished by then. I really appreciated the milder thrills in between the big rides.

That's why I think West Coast Racers is a good addition. It looks a mid-level intensity that is going to be somewhere between TC and Revolution thrills wise.

Crazanity was an awesome ride, but it was one of the last rides of the night for me and my body was done by then. Next time, it will be one of the first rides I do so I can enjoy it even more.

I'm taking back what I've said in my earlier posts. I want SFMM to focus on more mid-level thrill rides, flat rides, and family attractions. They definitely have enough big boy coasters and then some.

Also, for as much flack as Full Throttle gets, I just love how SMOOTH the damn ride is, the lack of head-banging due to no OTSR, and yes I love how it's a short and repeatable ride. Kinda like Superman. Not every ride has to be 2-3 mintues. I'm probably the only person that has ever said that. Lol

Oh and X2 continues to be my favorite coaster of all time.

This is exactly how I feel about SFMM. Individually mostly everything is great but when you’re hitting a big coaster one after another with almost virtually no wait time, it’s hard going. Padding the park out with smaller softer rides is a great option financially and for variety.

This is exactly how I feel about SFMM. Individually mostly everything is great but when you’re hitting a big coaster one after another with almost virtually no wait time, it’s hard going. Padding the park out with smaller softer rides is a great option financially and for variety.

Glad you agree ma dude.

I used to marathon coasters at SFMM like a champ. Now that I'm 32, it's just harder to do now.

It's funny though, I can ride Superman 100 times and be completely fine.

But yes, the park needs to be rounded out with other types of attractions.

Maybe it's because I'm getting older, but marathoning big boy coasters is a lot more taxing that what it used to be.

I feel ya. Last time I was at the park was 5 years ago after Full Throttle opened. It was on a weekday with little to no wait so we were able to hit 3-4 rides an hour. After a few hours, I started getting lightheaded which turned in to severe headaches by the end of the day. Kept joking saying "Man, I'm getting old." I think age was a small factor, but the constant headbanging from those rough rides with OTSRs didn't help either. They were slowing giving me a concussion. The year before that, I didn't have those issues, but then again, it was more crowded so lines were longer so we got more recovery time in between rides.

With Superman, there's no headbanging since it's a straight line.

I feel ya. Last time I was at the park was 5 years ago after Full Throttle opened. It was on a weekday with little to no wait so we were able to hit 3-4 rides an hour. After a few hours, I started getting lightheaded which turned in to severe headaches by the end of the day. Kept joking saying "Man, I'm getting old." I think age was a small factor, but the constant headbanging from those rough rides with OTSRs didn't help either. They were slowing giving me a concussion. The year before that, I didn't have those issues, but then again, it was more crowded so lines were longer so we got more recovery time in between rides.

With Superman, there's no headbanging since it's a straight line.

You make a good point. I think the worst offenders for the headbanging are:

1. Viper
2. Batman
3. Riddler's
4. Scream

I wonder if I skipped those rides, if my headaches would go away.

Or maybe coasters aren't really meant to be marathoned?

1. Viper
2. Batman
3. Riddler's
4. Scream

Even Tatsu and X2 can take a toll on the body after a few rides.

Coasters can be marathoned and the best example of this is Manta at SWSD

Even Tatsu and X2 can take a toll on the body after a few rides.

Coasters can be marathoned and the best example of this is Manta at SWSD

Manta is glorious. I rode it for the 1st time this past summer. It was quite deceiving from the looks of it. Looks pretty tame, but it really isn't. Loved it.

1. Viper
2. Batman
3. Riddler's
4. Scream

For me, and it may have been cuz I rode it later in the day, but Scream was the roughest.

You can marathon coasters, but may have to walk instead of sprinting all the way. For me, that would probably mean pacing myself to no more than one headbanger an hour.

For me, and it may have been cuz I rode it later in the day, but Scream was the roughest.

You can marathon coasters, but may have to walk instead of sprinting all the way. For me, that would probably mean pacing myself to no more than one headbanger an hour.

Scream was pretty rough.

For me, the roughest was ironically Riddler's Revenge the 2nd time I rode. I say ironically because when I sat in the very back the 1st time, it was a completely smooth ride. No headbanging. The 2nd time I rode in the very front and it was brutal.

2nd roughest for me was Scream, followed by Batman. Those 3 coasters really got me hurting. I think my mistake was riding RR twice. If I would have done it once, I think I would have fared better.

Six Flags Magic Mountain has won a THEA award for Justice League: Battle for Metropolis.
It's a good ride! I really like it!

I rode it yesterday and it's age is already showing, unfortunately. The screens were very dim and looked like they were in disrepair. Hopefully they get around to fixing them soon. Oh, and while they're at it, can they please no longer make the preshows mandatory? Let us breeze through them when it's slow.

But if any of you are contemplating going to the Mountain this week on a weekday, DO IT. It was totally dead yesterday. Waited no more than five or ten minutes for everything even if half the rides were running one train.

It's a good ride! I really like it!
Oh, and while they're at it, can they please no longer make the preshows mandatory? Let us breeze through them when it's slow.

I agree. It's the one time where I actually want them to go on the cheap. To me, it's crazy they pay for staffers to supervise so many rooms when the ride itself is virtually running empty because it's waiting for all those pre-show rooms.

Franky, those pre-show rooms discourage me from riding it.

I agree. It's the one time where I actually want them to go on the cheap. To me, it's crazy they pay for staffers to supervise so many rooms when the ride itself is virtually running empty because it's waiting for all those pre-show rooms.

Franky, those pre-show rooms discourage me from riding it.

Something funny happened when I visited SFMM during Fright Fest. It was like 5-10 minutes before closing so we decided to get on JL. The staff member waived us through the pre-shows and on directly to the ride.

There was a girl who had waited for the pre-shows and then realized that we didn't have to wait. She became FURIOUS! Literally dropping F-bombs and cussing up a storm because they made her wait and we didn't have to.

I bursted out laughing. It was the funniest thing that happened the whole day.

It was nice not having to wait though.

SFMM has sent out ride planning surveys... for a B&M Dive Machine... take that what you will
If they’re going to spend that kind of money at SFMM, why not use it on a Giga? I would not be opposed to a B&M dive machine, but give me my Giga first!

I don’t see B&M as an option right now as they’re seemingly just going with cheaper manufacturers like RMC, Premire, and S&S. I could see them working with B&M again later in the next decade.

Also, didn’t they lose interest in this when Knott’s added Hangtime?

SFMM has sent out ride planning surveys... for a B&M Dive Machine... take that what you will

I thought they couldn't afford B&M any longer.

Instead of another coaster, they should:

-Repaint Tatsu
-Re-model the front gate
-Refurb Samurai Summit
-Refurb Baja Ridge
-Remodel the other restrooms in the park
-Give Viper new trains/track instead of just systems overhaul
-Replace 90's TV's with 4k HDR TV's (It's time)
-Refurb X2
-Add a dark ride (unlikely)
-Add a cool flat ride (likely)
-Open a new land/ride geared for kids

I must say though, the new Boardwalk area is REALLY nice. It just works. Crazanity adds new kinetic energy and visual appeal to that section of the park. Also appreciated the refurbed restrooms by Goldrusher.

Can't believe how much the park has improved within the last 5 years alone. Gives me hope for the future of the park.

I think Six Flags has finally realized they need to up their capex for the bigger parks in markets with competition. I've heard Great Adventure's 2020 addition may also be a much more expensive investment than anything in the past 10 years. Not that they're going back to $30 million a park again, but occasionally a $20 million year.