Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nintendo Switch

Is anyone getting Pokémon Let’s Go this weekend? It seems like hype is not all the way there because it’s not a core series title. Depending on the reviews I’ll be grabbing it. Growing up with the original 150 I’m more optimistic about it than some of the others. I only got back into Pokémon because of Go. I played and beat Sun and Moon but I like how this goes back to basics

Is anyone getting Pokémon Let’s Go this weekend? It seems like hype is not all the way there because it’s not a core series title. Depending on the reviews I’ll be grabbing it. Growing up with the original 150 I’m more optimistic about it than some of the others. I only got back into Pokémon because of Go. I played and beat Sun and Moon but I like how this goes back to basics

Going to get Eevee physically by hopefully the end of the week, not getting the Pokeball.

I was going to get Pikachu but after the full extent of it came out I lost interest.

I'm not getting it. I think buying it sends the wrong idea to the Pokemon company because they will use the sales to justify more games in that style which I really don't want.

I'm not getting it. I think buying it sends the wrong idea to the Pokemon company because they will use the sales to justify more games in that style which I really don't want.

This is a bad take. You're still getting a core Pokemon title within 12 months. Pokemon has always had side games that are nothing like the core titles. Not buying this one isn't going to stop that.

"We need DLC"
"We need better online content"

Welcome to 2010 Nintendo. LOL.
Nintendo’s actually no stranger to DLC with a quite few games getting some on the Wii U and 3DS. They’re just saying they want to do more of it. It wouldn’t surprise me at all if, for example, the usual updated Pokémon games are phased out on the Switch and are replaced by DLC expansions.

Online content, yeah.

Finally playing Let's Go Eevee and here are my thoughts, with just 14 Pokemon and one badge so-far..

• Love, love, love the character and environment art. Looks stunning
  • All of the Pokemon (outside of Geodude so-far) has a great level of detail.
  • Loving the character of Eevee and the Rival. Not what I expected, but man do they do good.
  • Team Rocket nearly kicked the crap out of me. Somewhat surprised, TBH.
Trainer Name: Chel (Female)
Rival Name: Joe (Guess who!!)

:rolleyes:

When we people realize that this isn't a mainline Pokemon game, and that they're getting the real one next year? Lets Go is something to hold us over until then.

You forgot Sun and Moon angered people as well with the miminal two hour tutorial on how to play. They have oversimplified the game play to an infantile level and with Let's Go overperforming it would not be surprising if Pokémon Company decided to cater to the lowest denominator than those who actually play to play.

I think this quote from reddit says it best.
If I had to guess, it's fear that this game will do well enough that TPC will decide that the core audience isn't worth pandering to and all future games will be more primarily casual experiences.

You can say 'well they already made the casual game, now they can make the core game' but that isn't how sales works. Corporate follows the money, and if the money is in nostalgia cash-out, super casual, low effort and low content experiences then that's almost certainly going to influence the 'core' games.

You forgot Sun and Moon angered people as well with the miminal two hour tutorial on how to play. They have oversimplified the game play to an infantile level and with Let's Go overperforming it would not be surprising if Pokémon Company decided to cater to the lowest denominator than those who actually play to play.

As a newcomer to Pokemon, I'm glad the Lets Go games exist. It allows me to grow into the franchise. Also, I've heard that the newer Pokemon games are super difficult.

-------------------------------------------------------

A bold prediction for Switch 2019: Ports of Super Mario Galaxy (1+2) and Super Mario Maker will both be released before the end of the year.

Yeah it’s not that the game is bad it’s the fear this will become the norm.

Personally I enjoy the new catching mechanism because they added more trainers to battle and really focused on “catching them all” now. Would i like to see the old way disappear? No. But this is a nice option.