Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser

Perhaps it's me, but I get the vibe that they may try to have it as if, they cover the outside world from you alongside of the custom-made buses. So that way, it acts as if you are entering a small cargo-hold area, with the shuttle waiting for dispatch.

From then, the buses have videos inside to cover your view of the outside world, as it follows a custom path to a themed drop-off point.

Perhaps it's me, but I get the vibe that they may try to have it as if, they cover the outside world from you alongside of the custom-made buses. So that way, it acts as if you are entering a small cargo-hold area, with the shuttle waiting for dispatch.

From then, the buses have videos inside to cover your view of the outside world, as it follows a custom path to a themed drop-off point.
I feel like this is almost exactly what to expect.

I assume they’re going to do a Hogwarts train type thing with this bus. You board through a tunnel, don’t really get a sense of what your board, looks like some sort of flight craft inside, and has video in windows.

From the diagram, I think is a ‘bendy’ bus, so hope they change the inside to not obvious - different seating / hide the bendy bit

4425E252-8727-4568-B5C7-55C394D4C28C.jpeg

0024F1DD-C79A-47ED-AD72-70EA221BFEB2.jpeg

Attachments

• 89D71780-4534-4751-8914-5816E7274B71.jpeg
    89D71780-4534-4751-8914-5816E7274B71.jpeg
    580.6 KB · Views: 0
A Disney hotel without a pool!? I can't believe it.

They could have easily done an indoor pool with "space windows" featuring a sun or other planets.

Missed opportunity.

Very interesting there is a X-ray machine before you enter the hotel. Will the Hotel look like a giant launch pad complete with spaceship?

A Disney hotel without a pool!? I can't believe it.

They could have easily done an indoor pool with "space windows" featuring a sun or other planets.

Missed opportunity.

Very interesting there is a X-ray machine before you enter the hotel. Will the Hotel look like a giant launch pad complete with spaceship?

I mean, don't Cruise Ship's have check area's before people get over to the ship? I would call it more as a safety procaution, especially as it will have direct shuttle to and from Galaxy's Edge.

From the diagram, I think is a ‘bendy’ bus, so hope they change the inside to not obvious - different seating / hide the bendy bit

View attachment 8386

View attachment 8387
I see a pipe in there. Hyperloop confirmed!

Anyone remember that time Disney filed a patent of a driver-less transport device? Good times..

I mean, don't Cruise Ship's have check area's before people get over to the ship? I would call it more as a safety procaution, especially as it will have direct shuttle to and from Galaxy's Edge.

Yeah, makes for a seamless transition to the park from your fake space shuttle (which, done right, actually has the potential to be very cool to my 10-year-old self).

So only the first floor has been released. Still possible a pool could be on the second floor.

Could be, but added expense to put it there which I don't see Disney doing. I expect more cabins and a lot more show space--they need a main show stage the more I think about this, probably more small spaces like the dojo and brig.

I wouldn’t say that at all. They’re gonna make incredible amounts of money off a relatively small build.

For 6 months, yeah. The crazy/rich Disney and Star Wars fans will pack this out at first. But long-term, this is a hella expensive experience aimed at a ridiculously niche market (with absolutely nothing to appeal to guests outside that niche) that would seem to have little repeatability.

And while the build-out is small, Equity actors don't come cheap. Unless they go the Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom route, you're going to need a decent-sized cast whether the ship is packed or has 5 cabins occupied.

This is all best-case scenario, too. Initial reports make it look like a bunch of neckbeards playing dress up. there goes the family market they're depending on.

If you think about it logically the pool would have to be on the second floor, especially if they are using an "observatory' screen above it. It would be there version of a "roof top" pool.

I just don't see Disney opening a hotel without one. It's one of the biggest draws at any resort for most families.

Can't waste time swimming when dad paid 1000 dollars a night to LARP

Trust me, Mommy and Daddy are going to need to "do nothing" for a little while, while the youngsters play lightsabers and force splashing in the swimming pool. You don't need the "sun" to enjoy a margarita by the pool.

i guess we shall see.

this also basically "locks you in" to only going to Disney Studios. I suppose they can allow you to "evacuate" the ship if you would prefer to go to Trader Sams for an after dinner drink, then drink blue milk

This hotel shouldn’t have a pool. It doesn’t need to have a time wasting portion when you’re paying tons of money.

People pay "tons of money" to go on cruises and go to islands, JUST to hang by the pool.

Don't underestimate it's power. Especially after a long day at the parks. The shower in your "cabin" ain't going to cut it.

Haven't you ever heard other adults tell you that there favorite day at Disney was when they just hung out by the pool and did "nothing"?

People want to relax on vacation. If they are in "fake space" or not.