Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

I’ll agree everyone needs to be realistic in their expectations and keep them in check with practicality.

Roaming droids and such may sound cool, but how practical really is that in a land that will be swamped?

Right. I think this land is going to be great, but I already see people setting themselves up for disappointment.

Still, I want an A1000 Chewbacca and if I don't get it, the land is a failure.

:look:

I actually don’t remember ever thinking that was a realistic possibility, no. Maybe I didn’t infer stuff that wasn’t said in a PR video?
I don’t really remember it either. What I remember is people getting excited but then pretty much immediately insiders said there would likely only be one.
I’ll agree everyone needs to be realistic in their expectations and keep them in check with practicality.

Roaming droids and such may sound cool, but how practical really is that in a land that will be swamped?
Roaming droids are already being discussed as not being a big part anymore.
Right. I think this land is going to be great, but I already see people setting themselves up for disappointment.

Still, I want an A1000 Chewbacca and if I don't get it, the land is a failure.

:look:
My expectations are pretty in check lately. My excitement over this AA announcement is that it’s a brand new model over the A100’s we’ve seen since GMR’s Wicked Witch first appeared.

Tomorrow at Destination D, the ride names for Battle Escape and Falcon will be finally unveiled.

About time.

Who wants to bet "Star Wars:" will be in both ride names? I long for the days of short and to the point ride names at WDW. Star Tours. Done, perfect. We get it.

Instead this is gonna be like, "Star Wars: Escape Adventure of the First Order" and "Star Wars: Passage of the Millennium Falcon".

Who am I kidding, they'll probably be longer names than those. Can't wait though!

About time.

Who wants to bet "Star Wars:" will be in both ride names? I long for the days of short and to the point ride names at WDW. Star Tours. Done, perfect. We get it.

Instead this is gonna be like, "Star Wars: Escape Adventure of the First Order" and "Star Wars: Passage of the Millennium Falcon".

Who am I kidding, they'll probably be longer names than those. Can't wait though!

Pandora and Toy Story Land have broken that mold, so I'd say as long as "Star Wars" remains in the land name, they won't need it in the attractions either.

If anything, the rides will probably continue to have inappropriate acronyms like "Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor" or "Alien Swirling Saucers."

Also from the article:
"On one lavish attraction, guests will board an Imperial Star Destroyer, where roughly 50 animatronic stormtroopers await in formation."

According to insiders and my talks with one, there will also be several other non-stormtrooper animatronics.