Epcot (General Discussion) | Page 48 | Inside Universal Forums

Epcot (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I was looking at a new phone contract earlier and I noticed that most of the deals now seem to include some kind of add on like free Apple Music, Netflix or Amazon Video.

With phones being such a major part of our lives and always being connected, I can't see a way in which this new global connectivity isn't going to be a part of the renovation of Spaceship Earth. If Disney are looking for a sponsor for the renovation, I wonder if there's a deal to be made between a major cell phone carrier as sponsorship and in return, Disney will give their customers a free subscription to Disney+.

Preemptively translating what Chapek will say: "We're going to continue to honor Epcot's rich legacy... by doing nothing that fits in with that rich legacy."

I did not like this paragraph from the NYT article one bit:

“Beloved as they may be, these properties are businesses, and Disney must be mindful of relevance. Parents may have a soft spot for Epcot’s creaky, 36-year-old Spaceship Earth ride, but their children — Disney customers of the future — most likely do not.”

To me, that sounds like something Disney wanted to have put into the article to prep fans for the day SSE closes and is replaced.

Reactions: therock and Alicia
This idea of Impressions de France "rotating" with a new Beauty and the Beast sing-a-long show (blech) seems entirely designed to eventually get rid of Impressions entirely on the basis that BATB will inevitably draw in more people.

I hate it.

Which is odd because China and Canada are receiving totally new films (which I assume are going to not feature characters).

Which is odd because China and Canada are receiving totally new films (which I assume are going to not feature characters).

I don't know, I'd be shocked if the new China film doesn't somehow involve the MULAN movie they're making.

Which, if incorporated as a historical element and not a pandering, cash-in element, could be totally fine. I don't know if current Disney has the restraint for that, though.

Reactions: Andysol
Would anybody be against having a people mover in Future World? I think it would be pretty cool. As your riding the peoplemover you will have the awesome views of all the different countries/facades of world showcase. Also, you’ll be able to see the nighttime fireworks show as well. We already have the monorail in the park. So Epcot already has this constant motion idea existing in the park. Also, they had the world of motion back in the day. I just think it would be a great fit. I don’t know I’m just throwing stuff out there.

Would anybody be against having a people mover in Future World? I think it would be pretty cool. As your riding the peoplemover you will have the awesome views of all the different countries/facades of world showcase. Also, you’ll be able to see the nighttime fireworks show as well. We already have the monorail in the park. So Epcot already has this constant motion idea existing in the park. Also, they had the world of motion back in the day. I just think it would be a great fit. I don’t know I’m just throwing stuff out there.

I've always wanted a peoplemover at Epcot. It would be the most Epcot-y thing about the park lol. Not to mention, it could actually serve its intended function: transportation.

Does anybody think it would of worked thematically better if Tron replaced Ellen? And Guardians was placed next to Space Mountain?

Personally, this would of been the better bet.

100%. Give TRON more of a preshow dealing with computer science, and it would absolutely fit better in Epcot than Guardians. Still not great, but better.

Reactions: therock