Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

That Darn Marvel Contract – What Rights Does Universal and Disney Own

Out of curiosity, who has the rights to Myles Morales and Spider-Gwen? If Spider-Verse is a success, is it possible that we could see character meet-and-greets somewhere?

The Marvel contract applies to any Marvel character present not just in the park, but also their related "families" in their own universes. I'm pretty sure Miles Morales falls under the Spider-Man banner, and Spider-Gwen definitely fits the bill as well.

Nah. Miles and Gwen would be Disney like Guardians IMO. Weren’t really related during time of contract as they are both recent creations.

Nah. Miles and Gwen would be Disney like Guardians IMO. Weren’t really related during time of contract as they are both recent creations.

But not all the Guardians are available though....why do you think they only have Starlord and Gamora appearances for the upcoming Epcot night party and none of the others. (I know for a fact Drax and Mantis fall under families that can't be used at all per Marvel's own wiki site)

But not all the Guardians are available though....why do you think they only have Starlord and Gamora appearances for the upcoming Epcot night party and none of the others. (I know for a fact Drax and Mantis fall under families that can't be used at all per Marvel's own wiki site)

Drax is there...he's just standing still :p

Film rights still belong to Universal for Namor but Marvel officially can use Namor in the MCU according to statements by Kevin Feige. It seems like a deal was made.
Are you sure that the deal isn't just like the one Universal has for Hulk? For Hulk, they have film distribution rights, but nothing is stopping Marvel from using the character in other capacities like they have been. What you're describing sounds similar.

Are you sure that the deal isn't just like the one Universal has for Hulk? For Hulk, they have film distribution rights, but nothing is stopping Marvel from using the character in other capacities like they have been. What you're describing sounds similar.

Back in 2011, he said Namor can't be Hulk can then its been ongoing changes. I think its finally changed and a deal was made but I wonder what Universal will get.

Years ago, the film rights to Marvel characters like Spider-Man, the Fantastic Four, X-Men and many others were sold off to various studios. Now, Marvel Studios is an entertainment Titan in the industry and many of the characters have finally returned home, with Fantastic Four and X-Men being the most recent. One Marvel icon who has been anticipated by many fans to finally join the MCU is Namor the Sub-Mariner. The film rights to the underwater hero currently reside at Universal Studios but as Marvel has shown over the years, compromises and negotiations are always possible.

According to a recent Tweet from Erick Weber, Kevin Feige himself confirmed that Namor could possibly be coming to the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Namor is Marvel’s original mutant and has had iconic clashes/team-ups with characters like the Fantastic Four, Iron Man, and X-Men so the pieces are certainly in place for the perfect Namor introduction. This is what Weber had to say about Feige’s comments regarding Namor in the MCU.

“Namor COULD make an appearance, still deciding IF & when”

Kevin Feige Says Namor Could Join The Marvel Cinematic Universe

you know.......seeing all these new marvel rides and attractions pop up, kind of makes me wish UOR would step up their game and build a new ride in IOA.

you know.......seeing all these new marvel rides and attractions pop up, kind of makes me wish UOR would step up their game and build a new ride in IOA.
I just want to see Doom get removed for a a new E-ticket. It would really round out the land nicely.

Problem is, MSHI is probably the most complete island currently, so putting focus there is really pointless when IOA has bigger needs.

I just want to see Doom get removed for a a new E-ticket. It would really round out the land nicely.

Problem is, MSHI is probably the most complete island currently, so putting focus there is really pointless when IOA has bigger needs.
Rode Fear Fall on Tuesday for the first time in like two years. It was fun. I’m good for another two years, but was nice to do something different. Ain’t no Tower of Terror, but you can’t beat the view.

Rode Fear Fall on Tuesday for the first time in like two years. It was fun. I’m good for another two years, but was nice to do something different. Ain’t no Tower of Terror, but you can’t beat the view.

Dr Doom is just a classic fun ride. I think the towers are also quite iconic and one of the most visible things when approaching the parks.

With the Disney Fox merger, X-Men and Fantastic Four are prime for a resurgence and with Disney probably going all in on Avengers in DCA and every where else outside Orlando, this could create a new route to bring new rides to MSHI that may be more unique and more in line with what Universal want to create.

It's a very odd ride, but that area is fantastic (pun intended!). The Doombots, the outlines of the Fantastic Four on the ground, it is awesome. I sometimes get a beer and just look around in the alley.

Wish they sold better beer at that stand across the street though...

Ugh, Hulk just about killed me when I rode it Saturday. The inner seats are pretty good, but the outer seats are a damn nightmare--and being a single rider I pretty much ALWAYS get the outer seat. I was happy to see them refurb it, but maybe the design just isn't that good? (Personally, I would've rather they just rethemed Rockit to F&F, put Kong where F&F is, and after Dragons closed build a NextGen B&M invert where Kong is.)

Anyways, I really miss "I think this time it's going to work!" I've heard rumors that the reason they gave it a new story was to reduce mentions of the character Bruce Banner to cut down on how much they had to pay Disney? Any truth to this (do they even have to pay Disney)?

On the bright side, Spidey is good as ever--though keeping a dry eye was a struggle at the very end.

Last edited: