Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

19:15

Enough said.

LOLOL She was clearly throwing shade at HHN!

Someone brought up Murdy doing a maze based on a Mexican urban legend. Tbh, I’d rather see something else. It would feel to rehashed from La Llorona. But hey, if it works, it works. I’d rather see his undersea concept or a Holidayz in Hell house.

Last edited:
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the possibility of the Scrapped Female Character Mexican Original coming to the event after Murdy's tweets.

I don't think the female original character and the Mexico original maze were the same thing TBH.. from what Murdy implied, the female character was meant as a Hollywood Harry-type character.. an original mascot without calling her an Icon..

I don't think the female original character and the Mexico original maze were the same thing TBH.. from what Murdy implied, the female character was meant as a Hollywood Harry-type character.. an original mascot without calling her an Icon..

Honestly, just from the way Murdy is talking about the character ("I need to find a music artist..."), plus the fact that the lineup apparenty isn't tied up yet, it sounds like he's really keen on doing it this year. Tons of properties we're begging for are tied up in a billion rights tangles (the Scream mask is owned by different people from Scream, tons of production companies have their hands in tons of different Netflix films, WB not playing ball, etc.), so it makes sense that this character might show up.

Honestly, just from the way Murdy is talking about the character ("I need to find a music artist..."), plus the fact that the lineup apparenty isn't tied up yet, it sounds like he's really keen on doing it this year. Tons of properties we're begging for are tied up in a billion rights tangles (the Scream mask is owned by different people from Scream, tons of production companies have their hands in tons of different Netflix films, WB not playing ball, etc.), so it makes sense that this character might show up.

I remember back in the HHN Vault/Horror Night Nightmares days, a lot of us would grumble about Murdy choosing to do IPs/branded horror over original content like HHN Orlando.. and saying we wish he'd do more originals.. who knew that someday our wish would come true in the most twisted way possible? I.E. rights to IPs we wanna see being held back from the event.. the old saying is be careful what you wish for...

I just realized: Has there been any talk about the Ring as this year's effects-heavy classic property? It's got a few iconic scenes, they could do funky things with the VHS tapes, and Sadako/Samara is instantly iconic as a horror villain. Plus, for some god-forsaken reason, Dreamworks Pictures distributed that movie, and they have a decent enough relationship with Universals (though I'm not quite sure where the rights are rn; Rings was distributed by Paramount, who owned Dreamworks - which presumably got them the rights to The Ring - until 2008.)

If true, it would make me happy beyond words. But I'll remain cautiously optimistic until things are confirmed, and lord knows that'll be a while.

*Gets Hellraiser, a highly requested IP for over a decade*

*2/3 of it is black walls*

As long as they have the gore columns and Frank’s transformations I’ll be ok with the house. But it NEEDS to not have corny masks because it could get really cheesy if they use the Ash-type masks

Edit:

So at this point it seems like the likeliest IP’s are:

- Stranger Things 2
- Hellraiser
- Something Blumhouse(my guess is HDD + HDD2U as one maze)
- Child’s Play

And then probably Haunting of Hill House

Last edited:
I just realized: Has there been any talk about the Ring as this year's effects-heavy classic property? It's got a few iconic scenes, they could do funky things with the VHS tapes, and Sadako/Samara is instantly iconic as a horror villain. Plus, for some god-forsaken reason, Dreamworks Pictures distributed that movie, and they have a decent enough relationship with Universals (though I'm not quite sure where the rights are rn; Rings was distributed by Paramount, who owned Dreamworks - which presumably got them the rights to The Ring - until 2008.)
Every time I've ever mentioned The Ring to Murdy, he has always said "no, we don't own the rights." Every. Single. Time. And I ofcourse think... "well you don't own the rights to the majority of the stuff you produce, right?!" Just seems like he simply doesn't want to do it or even figure out how.

I'm starting to think if they would maybe come back with the idea of having 2 interconnected ideas as a Scare Zone on the Upper Lot like Hell's Harvest and Trick 'r Treat. I'm curious if they would do that again.

What are the odds The Purge shows up again? It’s pretty clear online that fans are done with the series at HHN but the TV series has been renewed for a season 2. Personally I’d rather they do another original tram + original maze since the Purge tram is so generic and honestly the franchise is just tired out at this point

Last edited:
It’s pretty clear online that fans are done with the series at HHN

What do you base that info on? Everytime I went (and we went about 15 times with the FFP), that was one of the longest lines of the metro lot, only longer by ST.

I mean, I think the uber fans are pretty done with it. I personally am. But amazingly, I don't really think the GP is.

I mean, I think the uber fans are pretty done with it. I personally am. But amazingly, I don't really think the GP is.
This is extremely true actually. Almost all nights had the First Purge in top 3 for wait times with some nights First Purge actually topped Stranger Things in terms of wait. And as far as the General Public ranked it it ranked in the middle of everything (near top 3) but the overall response to the maze was that people liked it.
What are the odds The Purge shows up again? It’s pretty clear online that fans are done with the series at HHN but the TV series has been renewed for a season 2. Personally I’d rather they do another original tram + original maze since the Purge tram is so generic and honestly the franchise is just tired out at this point
I pointed out like 2 pages ago that the Show provides a lot for the Gauntlet and there's a lot of things that work better in a Zone/Tram versus a Maze. But I think it would personally be a Gauntlet based on the main locations and characters they can use from the show.

What do you base that info on? Everytime I went (and we went about 15 times with the FFP), that was one of the longest lines of the metro lot, only longer by ST.

While it did have long lines all the employees and attendees we talked to said TFP was the worst maze. It still did have a 90 minute wait the whole night though. Additionally most of the comments I’ve seen online towards the maze were not positive