Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am getting slightly concerned there won’t be as much rockwork as initially thought. Really hope they theme the supports to the coaster too.

View attachment 8392
Looks like they've been doing some clearance testing (unless I'm mistaken and that isn't actually a clearance envelope, but it definitely looks like one)
That was my first thought when I saw that too.

I am getting slightly concerned there won’t be as much rockwork as initially thought. Really hope they theme the supports to the coaster too.
A lot of the rockwork I'm aware of will be going where the construction pathways are now, through the center and back of the area... And over that darn spike!

There's a loooonng row of port-a-potties where a lot of the rockwork will be, so it's clearly being saved for last.

Last edited:
Ugh, thank God for Bio, I was starting to get a little too anxious.

Looks like launch 6 is going to be outside judging by the freshly planted border trees between it and the seesaw launch.

This is a curious rock formation.

IMG-20181116-191730-2.jpg

That was my first thought when I saw that too.

A lot of the rockwork I'm aware of will be going where the construction pathways are now, through the center and back of the area... And over that darn spike!

There's a loooonng row of port-a-potties where a lot of the rockwork will be, so it's clearly being saved for last.
Rockwork takes a long time...it wouldn't be "last". No offense to you at all, but I think there have been some changes since your last conversation with your source. At least that's what my logic is telling me.

This is a curious rock formation.

IMG-20181116-191730-2.jpg
It's a bit unclear if that's rockwork or not. If it is, that seems like a poor place to put it. I doubt anybody would see it, assuming it is rockwork.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rockwork takes a long time...it wouldn't be "last". No offense to you at all, but I think there have been some changes since your last conversation with your source. At least that's what my logic is telling me.
I meant last as in after the Abbey and buildings were far enough along that they don’t need heavy machinery on those paths anymore. Preformed rockwork can’t be installed and finished within 6 months?

Preformed rockwork can’t be installed and finished within 6 months?
Depends on how much. It doesn't make much sense to me why they would wait so long to do arguably the most time intensive work. It certainly hasn't been the case for other projects.

Keep in mind, the final two months will be very minor work and mostly a lot of testing.
Heck, the "Abbey" building is the size of a small dark ride itself. This all looks more impressive the further along we go.
It's fairly tall, but in terms of footprint the abbey building is pretty deceiving. It's only about the size of a larger McMansion, about 3600 sq ft. For comparison, 1 of the 2 ride pads on Alien Swirling Saucers (I'm not gonna use the acronym for that one) is about 5,200 sq ft.

Just to say, isn't the big rock-work only supposed to be for the outside view; because the indoor portion of it wouldn't really be much of anything to begin with..?

I do agree, and it makes me somewhat concerned...but, I remind myself somewhat of Kong as I say that.

Depends on how much. It doesn't make much sense to me why they would wait so long to do arguably the most time intensive work. It certainly hasn't been the case for other projects.

Keep in mind, the final two months will be very minor work and mostly a lot of testing.

It's fairly tall, but in terms of footprint the abbey building is pretty deceiving. It's only about the size of a larger McMansion, about 3600 sq ft. For comparison, 1 of the 2 ride pads on Alien Swirling Saucers (I'm not gonna use the acronym for that one) is about 5,200 sq ft.
Volcano Bay didn't had it's rock work 6 month before opening and it had a ton, this ride only gets a fraction of that. This is not Disney, Universal doesn't need a year to put some great looking rock work in place.
Keep in mind Universal will continue working till opening day and probably a bit after that. Their projects go 24/7. There also isn't an official opening date yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.