Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway (DHS) | Page 27 | Inside Universal Forums

Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway (DHS)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Who is managing projects at Disney? They're seriously going to open this and SW:GE within a month of each other? That's such poor planning, it's laughable.

Yup, it is a complete waste of the ride. It will barely make an impact in the insane Star Wars Land chaos. Hell, it'd be better to just let it sit dormant for 6 months and be a Summer 2020 opening.

Reactions: truejonas
Who is managing projects at Disney? They're seriously going to open this and SW:GE within a month of each other? That's such poor planning, it's laughable.

Why would anybody visit DHS for this when Star Wars is opening shortly after?
Yup, it is a complete waste of the ride. It will barely make an impact in the insane Star Wars Land chaos. Hell, it'd be better to just let it sit dormant for 6 months and be a Summer 2020 opening.

DHS needs this for Star Wars opening but it should really be opening in the summer to give it some time to be its own thing.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Why would anybody visit DHS for this when Star Wars is opening shortly after?

DHS needs this for Star Wars opening but it should really be opening in the summer to give it some time to be its own thing.
While I love Star Wars, I don't want to be near the parks for at least a year once it opens. I mean, I specifically booked my honeymoon for late October to avoid the Star Wars crowds.

While I love Star Wars, I don't want to be near the parks for at least a year once it opens. I mean, I specifically booked my honeymoon for late October to avoid the Star Wars crowds.

I'm heading to Anaheim next September for the sole purpose of doing Star Wars and planning at least 3 days in the parks and then doing a week in Vegas (of all places) after for a more relaxing time.

Reactions: WowFactor
The best thing to do while in Vegas is take a helicopter tour over to The Grand Canyon. America at it's most jaw dropping.

It will be my wife’s 30th birthday when we’re there and that’s my plan. I had originally thought about driving to the Grand Canyon from Anaheim before heading to Vegas but the drive is just a little too far for the limited time we’ll have and I think going by helicopter will be a far better experience in terms of travel but also the visuals.

As pretty as Star Wars will be, Mother Nature is a far superior landscaper.

It will be my wife’s 30th birthday when we’re there and that’s my plan. I had originally thought about driving to the Grand Canyon from Anaheim before heading to Vegas but the drive is just a little too far for the limited time we’ll have and I think going by helicopter will be a far better experience in terms of travel but also the visuals.

Yep. She does really great rock work. :thumbsup::)

It is impossible to describe how jaw dropping The Grand Canyon is. The phrase "photos can't capture it" is a MASSIVE understatement.

Get a helicoptor tour that has a Canyon rim experience. Going to the bottom (floor) is...less impressive.

It is impossible to describe how jaw dropping The Grand Canyon is. The phrase "photos can't capture it" is a MASSIVE understatement.

Get a helicoptor tour that has a Canyon rim experience. Going to the bottom (floor) is...less impressive.

I would disagree that the canyon is less impressive from the bottom. I was on a 7 day rafting trip through the canyon this summer and experiencing it from the river is quite spectacular. The perspective of scale is amazing and the rapids can be quite thrilling! Although I had an unexpected adventure and broke my arm in 2 places on day three during a side hike. I was helicoptered out of the canyon and got the rare experience of flying from river to rim. Crazy how drastically different the environments are at the rim and river!

Ok, back on topic...

I read that wrong and thought Laura had a hidden talent there.

The one I was looking at included a picnic on the canyon floor but if you don’t think it’s worth it, I’ll keep looking. Got plenty of time to pick the right package.

Also never been in a helicopter before so looking forward to that.

Reactions: SkiBum
Shiny new people eater...People would have skipped GMR as they've "been there done that"....and of course, it was expired...I think the earlier opening is to make darn sure it is working before the perceived Star Wars crowd comes in

New (or at least new to me) piece of concept art floating around...
KX69F5L.jpg

There has been debate in the past over whether Goofy will physically be present or just a projection, but he certainly appears to be a figure in this piece. Which is good!

The RVs also remind me a little bit of smaller versions of the old GMR/UOE moving theater cars, too.

I read that wrong and thought Laura had a hidden talent there.

The one I was looking at included a picnic on the canyon floor but if you don’t think it’s worth it, I’ll keep looking. Got plenty of time to pick the right package.

Also never been in a helicopter before so looking forward to that.
I'm sure it would be cool. I just prefer the rim. Going to the floor gives a better sense of the canyons depth. Standing on the rim gives a better sense of it's grandeur. Either is cool though.

Reactions: Scott W.
Do we have more info on opening date. I have seen some where open early Nov but really hope its open for mid October as thats when we are visiting. We booked nearly a year ago thinking we would their for Galaxy Edge and now we know that it wont be opening till a lot later would be a real smack in the face if this isnt open. For the record i am old school Disney so for me i was more excited for this anyway

Reactions: therock
Do we have more info on opening date. I have seen some where open early Nov but really hope its open for mid October as thats when we are visiting. We booked nearly a year ago thinking we would their for Galaxy Edge and now we know that it wont be opening till a lot later would be a real smack in the face if this isnt open. For the record i am old school Disney so for me i was more excited for this anyway
Early Fall, before Star Wars. That’s about as much as we know.