Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 394 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to say, isn't the big rock-work only supposed to be for the outside view; because the indoor portion of it wouldn't really be much of anything to begin with..?

I do agree, and it makes me somewhat concerned...but, I remind myself somewhat of Kong as I say that.
I'm not real concerned about the 'amount' of rock work, only that it be quality work, which we generally get for Potter anyway. After all, this takes place in a wooded forest area of Scotland, not a John Wayne movie in a western USA semi desert.

It looks like Nassal is using a different rock work process. Instead of installing cloth covered wire frames then covering them with shotcrete. It looks like they have the shotcrete sculpted before they install the wire framing.

That’s what I figured. Lots of Hogsmeade’s themed elements were prepared off site too right? Just a matter of assembling once they’re ready for that step.

Volcano Bay didn't had it's rock work 6 month before opening and it had a ton, this ride only gets a fraction of that. This is not Disney, Universal doesn't need a year to put some great looking rock work in place.
Keep in mind Universal will continue working till opening day and probably a bit after that. Their projects go 24/7. There also isn't an official opening date yet.
With a new coaster you need at least 2 months of testing. I believe HRRR had 2.5 and the Hulk rebuild did too. Obviously you can't have people working on site while the coaster is zooming around. It's a safety hazard.

Volcano Bay had a ton of rockwork progress already in place 6 months before opening. Not that it's a fair comparison.

Reactions: Andysol and Ryno27
With a new coaster you need at least 2 months of testing. I believe HRRR had 2.5 and the Hulk rebuild did too. Obviously you can't have people working on site while the coaster is zooming around. It's a safety hazard.

Volcano Bay had a ton of rockwork progress already in place 6 months before opening. Not that it's a fair comparison.

I was going to say, the rock work was well under way when I visited in September 2016.

This is 9 months before:

This is about the earliest I can find of the rock work starting about a year before opening:

Having said all that, these are two different beasts.

The biggest surprise to me at this point is the lack of any structure closing in the area at the spike and track switch. There seems to be zero hint at any type of foundation. Very curious how that area will play out, especially if it remains exposed.

Also, there is also a LOT more being built around the beginning of the ride than I initially anticipated. I always pictured a lot of trees and a little scene between the track and station. However, there is a lot of stuff going on over there.

This ride just looks fun and I can't wait to ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.