Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

TFP's lines were purely logistical. It was said after the first two weeks of very very low lines, they moved a sign directing people to go to that maze first after the scarezone, and like a herd, they just followed the masses. There was a problem with that maze venue getting low lines for years plus the first two weeks and they figured out a way to resolve it. Next up that needs such treatment is the Mummy spot.

Normally I would say that wait times shouldn’t normally be the end all be all factor when it comes to popularity/GSAT, but that venue has had a short wait in recent years (Krampus and Ash) except for Purge. I don’t think that’s an accident.

Purge was rated low in the GSATs but that doesn’t mean a lot of people wanted to see it.

TFP's lines were purely logistical. It was said after the first two weeks of very very low lines, they moved a sign directing people to go to that maze first after the scarezone, and like a herd, they just followed the masses. There was a problem with that maze venue getting low lines for years plus the first two weeks and they figured out a way to resolve it. Next up that needs such treatment is the Mummy spot.
Was that really the case? I went on the second weekend and the First Purge was consistently ~2 hours, maybe a little less than Poltergeist on balance. From what I heard, opening weekend was practically the same.

While it did have long lines all the employees and attendees we talked to said TFP was the worst maze. It still did have a 90 minute wait the whole night though. Additionally most of the comments I’ve seen online towards the maze were not positive

It was "meh" for me... I've seen better, I've seen worse. I feel it may have ranked particularly low because so many of the other mazes were so strong this year. But let's also realize that most of the people who are going to bother to post online feedback are more HHN fans, not the GP. It's a biased sample. Most of the GP don't really care enough about this event to go on online rants about it... they'll just give their opinions at the exit polls when asked.

Normally I would say that wait times shouldn’t normally be the end all be all factor when it comes to popularity/GSAT, but that venue has had a short wait in recent years (Krampus and Ash) except for Purge. I don’t think that’s an accident.

Yeah, I have to pretty much agree. As much as it sucks for us, I really don't think the GP are tired of Purge yet. I suspect a large part of that may be that much of the GP don't come year after year. While there's been Purge scare zones, gauntlet, and part of a maze, I don't believe it's ever been given it's entire own maze, has it? So I suspect it felt fresh to many (though certainly not all, but enough) of the GP. Enough to keep it's lines long, in any case.

Does anyone have info to the exact Guest Feedback maze rankings for this past year? I personally feel in terms of the GP, Trick 'r Treat would be one of the lowest rated. While it was great nod to the horror fans/nerds/geeks, I'd gather that much of the GP probably had no idea what that movie even was, and therefore couldn't relate to it. I kept hearing Blumhouse was one of the lowest rated, but I would've put Purge below Blumhouse.

Does anyone have info to the exact Guest Feedback maze rankings for this past year? I personally feel in terms of the GP, Trick 'r Treat would be one of the lowest rated. While it was great nod to the horror fans/nerds/geeks, I'd gather that much of the GP probably had no idea what that movie even was, and therefore couldn't relate to it. I kept hearing Blumhouse was one of the lowest rated, but I would've put Purge below Blumhouse.
Well this is what I heard it was from someone...

Universal Monsters
Halloween
Poltergeist
The First Purge
Trick r Treat
Stranger Things
Blumhouse

Stranger Things jostled with Purge and Trick 'r Treat for their places. Blumhouse was the lowest rated of the event from what I heard. First Purge was in the middle of it all. Poltergeist, Halloween 4, and Monsters were top 3.

Wow, I did hear ST did rank low, but didn't know it was that close to the bottom. Yet even so, I assume due to brand recognition alone, they're still going to do Season 2?

I actually did like ST once I realized it's more of an atmospheric maze than a "scary" one. But if one did go in with the expectation of being "scared" by ST (and I imagine most would), it would basically be a big disappointment.

Still, I wonder if/how guest feedback of that low ranking would affect any designs for a ST2 maze.

Wow, I did hear ST did rank low, but didn't know it was that close to the bottom. Yet even so, I assume due to brand recognition alone, they're still going to do Season 2?

I actually did like ST once I realized it's more of an atmospheric maze than a "scary" one. But if one did go in with the expectation of being "scared" by ST (and I imagine most would), it would basically be a big disappointment.

Still, I wonder if/how guest feedback of that low ranking would affect any designs for a ST2 maze.

Legacy and others have said on the Orlando thread that Netflix and the cast loved Orlando’s adaption of Stranger Things(it was much better than Hollywood’s but both were good), so I would hope our ST2 maze would take cues from theirs.

I’m so happy Halloween 4 ranked as highly as it did, felt like it was such an underrated maze. Wish Blumhouse had some more love though as that needed up in my top 3 and was far better than 2017’s version(though The Girl was eh).

A huge amount of feedback from EPN called ST a critical failure. It was definitely an appeal to the fans of the show.

so i was bored today, and since im bored, here's a overlord maze treatment idea if it does come to hhn [probably not, but again, you gotta cure boredom somehow]
facade - base entrance
scene 1 - cell hallway [mutants will pop out from few doors.]
scene 2 - coccons [sorta like the wall effects in stranger things]
scene 3 - testing room [animatronic head on desk]
facade 2 - chloe's house [reuse village props from dracula untold]
scene 4 - hallway [ mutant aunt as scare]
scene 5 - attic [chase in the middle of transformation, serve as distraction for a soldier to try and put him down.]
facade 3 - burning base entrance [multiple actors dressed up as soldiers trying to shoot at guests will scare]
scene 6 - tunnels [mutant with bone arm as scare]
scene 7 - final fight [zombie wafner as scare. as you exit strobe lights will go off and a explosion will be heard.]

I'm not gonna say anything yet, but there's rumblings of a property that should make people happy if everything goes through.

BUNNY is the only clue I'll give.

Is this in addition to the previous two properties we’ve been given?

Also
Donnie Darko hopefully. Frank scared the out of me when I was younger. If he and Pinhead were in the same event I would die

Noooooope. Also this is apart from the Hellraiser rumor and Stranger Things rumor since that's a given.

It is a bit of a curveball though.