Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

CityWalk Orlando Updates & Changes General Thread

I was just curious. Hadn't really heard any info about Emeril's replacement and thought they might want to add some new retail to CityWalk and Nintendo sounded like a good idea.

Why a Nintendo store, the Switch only sold about 23 million worldwide (PS4 84million).
I still think Universal is taking a huge risk with this brand teaming up with the lowest console seller of the 3.

Why a Nintendo store, the Switch only sold about 23 million worldwide (PS4 84million).
I still think Universal is taking a huge risk with this brand teaming up with the lowest console seller of the 3.
This has very little to do with Nintendo as a console manufacturer, and everything to do with their success as a game studio and creator of many IPs that are beloved across multiple generations.

Last edited:
Scott said it best, Nintendo as a brand, and with it's various characters & settings; is huge. And especially if they market it as a more, fan hub, it could be a big local spot for Nintendo fans in the Orlando area.

Becaus you’re completely disregarding the history, hand held sales, game sales, and name recognition of charchters.

Xbox One stopped reporting figures after 10 million but current numbers are reported to be around 34 million.

PS4 and XB1 have been on sale for five years, Switch for 16 months. So there, too.

Also it's NINTENDO, a brand synonymous with gaming for 30 years. You know what's the #1 selling video game of most years? MADDEN and FIFA. Using the same logic we should have EA's Madden and Fifa lands popping up.

Y’all the NYC Nintendo Store is two levels....

I bet it goes into the CityWalk near the new park.
FWIW, I’ve been to the store in NYC. It’s surprisingly small. The opening day line (a too vivid memory of mine) was 8ish hours long because the store can’t handle that many people at once. The merchandise is really cool, but it’s surprisingly obvious how much of a small-scale operation the store is.

I wonder where this will happen. They’ve been doing the Star Wars one at cinemarks lately.

Re: Emerils, no way that becomes nintendo. It’s restaurant for sure. Remember it’s basically the only self-contained building with no touching walls. Ideal for a restaurant with a perfectly functioning kitchen ($$$$) already. No way they “waste” that on retail.

Sorry guys, didn't realize it had already been posted. I should have known I'm always late to the game these days!