Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser

I think people are misinterpreting what this experience will be.

I figure (and this is all my own hypotheticals) it’s a package you buy, such as a 2 day or 3 day experience where you solely do this resort and Galaxy’s Edge. It’s not for vacation staying, but an upcharge experience to add to your vacation. Basically come to Disney, stay 5 days at some resort, spend last few days here where you are fully immersed in the Star Wars experience. Which is why you don’t really need a pool, this isn’t a “take the day off” resort.

I don’t see this being a casual vacationer spot. This is a whole new thing for Disney and resorts in general.

People pay "tons of money" to go on cruises and go to islands, JUST to hang by the pool.

Don't underestimate it's power. Especially after a long day at the parks. The shower in your "cabin" ain't going to cut it.

Haven't you ever heard other adults tell you that there favorite day at Disney was when they just hung out by the pool and did "nothing"?

People want to relax on vacation. If they are in "fake space" or not.
Ugh, I hate it when people think cruises are "tons of money" and people just hang by the pool. Cruises are packed with activity, and considering lodging, food, transportation and entertainment is included in the price, it generally works out to be very inexpensive compared to doing it all separately. As a former TA, we used to say the hardest thing to sell, and the easiest thing to resell, is a cruise. (And yeah, I'm sure there are people who just lie by the pool. But I never met any of them!)

I think people are misinterpreting what this experience will be.

I figure (and this is all my own hypotheticals) it’s a package you buy, such as a 2 day or 3 day experience where you solely do this resort and Galaxy’s Edge. It’s not for vacation staying, but an upcharge experience to add to your vacation. Basically come to Disney, stay 5 days at some resort, spend last few days here where you are fully immersed in the Star Wars experience. Which is why you don’t really need a pool, this isn’t a “take the day off” resort.

I don’t see this being a casual vacationer spot. This is a whole new thing for Disney and resorts in general.
Pretty much, yea.

And now that we have all the rest of the immersive details, I still firmly believe that those who stay at this resort will have exclusive access to SW:GE but will also not be given access to any other parts of DHS. Again, this is a true immersive experience from start to finish so I would expect no less.

Yeah, I fully expect that people will have exclusive access to GE..but that it'll be early in the morning, or if when the park opens, to have a half hour to 45 minutes of the land to themselves.

I also get the feeling that CM's will be fully prepared and ready to direct patrons of the hotel if they are lost and are looking for the shuttle back.

People pay "tons of money" to go on cruises and go to islands, JUST to hang by the pool.

Don't underestimate it's power. Especially after a long day at the parks. The shower in your "cabin" ain't going to cut it.

Haven't you ever heard other adults tell you that there favorite day at Disney was when they just hung out by the pool and did "nothing"?

People want to relax on vacation. If they are in "fake space" or not.
All info seems to point this to a 2-3 day experience. If you need to relax by the pool when you paid $1000 for that then you’re wasting your money.

Ugh, I hate it when people think cruises are "tons of money" and people just hang by the pool. Cruises are packed with activity, and considering lodging, food, transportation and entertainment is included in the price, it generally works out to be very inexpensive compared to doing it all separately. As a former TA, we used to say the hardest thing to sell, and the easiest thing to resell, is a cruise. (And yeah, I'm sure there are people who just lie by the pool. But I never met any of them!)

Really? Most people I talk to that go on cruises are only doing it to "not have to do anything".
Since the excursions usually cost extra, only a portion of the people that takes cruises usually go on them. A lot of people never leave the boat.

Even if this is "not that type of vacation stay". The lack of pool or at least spa?, is a miscalculation in my opinion.
If they open without one, I'd be willing to bet that "there is no pool" is the top complaint on Trip Advisor.

I wouldn’t say that at all. They’re gonna make incredible amounts of money off a relatively small build.

You took it as a negative when it was more a statement of fact. It is outrageous and it is a folly in the dictionary def. And yes, they will make a whole bunch of money from it.

You took it as a negative when it was more a statement of fact. It is outrageous and it is a folly in the dictionary def. And yes, they will make a whole bunch of money from it.
I took it as you saying it’s foolishness. Per dictionary definition.

I should note, we’ll never see the actual busses from the outside, so that piece of concept art of the shuttle is just make believe.

Maybe we’ll see them through a fake window (screen) at boarding, or even a fake shell wall themed like the shuttle’s side as we exit into the land, but the actual buses themselves will likely just look like blacked out buses.

I believe that pod shuttle will also be how you travel from the entry lobby to the “luxury” spacecraft/actual hotel. So essentially a vibrating hallway with effects. Piloted by R2-D2.

Also, here’s the entry lobby art:

CE8757FB-2B0D-4823-8D2B-19DC133EF091.jpeg

I believe that pod shuttle will also be how you travel from the entry lobby to the “luxury” spacecraft/actual hotel. So essentially a vibrating hallway with effects. Piloted by R2-D2.

Also, here’s the entry lobby art:

View attachment 8399
With the price of stay this hotel will be that concept art should have Tesla’s and Ferrari’s in it lol not mini vans

Heh, maybe they'll make all those guests dress in Storm Trooper outfits, and march them through the land as unpaid extras. Double income: profit & cost savings concept. ;):lol: