Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

The real question is will it be better than just one of the Star Wars rides.

We’ll have to wait and see.

It it shaping up to the be easily the best themed coaster o the planet.

Meanwhile, Disney is cloning their "TRON" coaster which has no theming from the movies except the train design. Absolutely zero other characters. Just neon.

Right. I think this land is going to be great, but I already see people setting themselves up for disappointment.

Still, I want an A1000 Chewbacca and if I don't get it, the land is a failure.

:look:

The whole concept of you having ANY unique experience in the land based on your Millennium Falcon Tours performance is pure fantasy to anyone who really thinks about he logistics. I've been saying that for a year now.

Now, the hotel, THATs going to be special.

And let's remember a Storm trooper who's head turns side to side as he and his buddies move on a big platform is considered an AA.

I see less than 5 high level AAs in the ride. Ones like Olaf. The rest will be more like Anna and Elsa.

With the time placement of the land, and having to not completely ruin the finale of the Star Wars Saga before the last movie releases, I don't even expect any main character AAs. Perhaps Chewie and 3PO, but we've had a 3PO AA for decades.

If anything, I can buy a Kylo Ren Animatronic being the most likely for Major Characters, considering that you don't need a face for that.

That said..perhaps we can talk of Rise of The Resistance, on it's own thread..?

It it shaping up to the be easily the best themed coaster o the planet.

Meanwhile, Disney is cloning their "TRON" coaster which has no theming from the movies except the train design. Absolutely zero other characters. Just neon.
Could’ve sworn I was talking about comparing it to the Star Wars rides. I mean, yeah, you’re very likely right but, Star Wars.

Could’ve sworn I was talking about comparing it to the Star Wars rides. I mean, yeah, you’re very likely right but, Star Wars.

But, once one themed coaster is brought in for comparing, I brought in another, which shows how Universal is going much further to push themes than Disney in general.

But, once one themed coaster is brought in for comparing, I brought in another, which shows how Universal is going much further to push themes than Disney in general.
And then there’s the rumors of a giant bare coaster in JP. One step forward, two steps back.

Back to Star Wars.

When SF was doing JL, didn't they initially reveal that they were wanting to work on a trackless version of the ride system seen in Transformers with Oceaneering?
Yes, but Oceaneering couldn't get the motion needed out of a trackless system and JL ended up with an Oceaneering built busbar system instead. And it still has way less motion than Transformers.

Did I miss something? People are saying Millennium Falcon only has 4 seats per pod now, per an image of actual cockpit. Anyone confirm this? All I’ve seen is the old concept art with 6 seats.

Man do I love Star Wars so I am truly hoping this land and it’s rides blow me away. Me, my wife and daughter as well as my brother and his family and parents have a massive trip planned for Disneyworld for 2020 all because of Star Wars: Galaxies Edge...yet...

Just hearing @Disneyhead and a few others have me a little nervous. Battle Escape/Rise of the Resistance now sounds like Spider-Man but with Kong’s ride vehicles and a few extra AA’s which don’t get me wrong sounds like fun but not a game changer. I was expecting Spider-Man on crack with elements of Forbidden Journey all in the Star Wars universe.

Millineum Falcon/Smugglers Run sounds like Startours and mission space(more hands on) so we have to pilot the ship which could be fun but won’t we also be distracted from the overall ride experience trying to fulfill our duties.

I hope I’m way off base and these rides truly set a new level for attraction experiences but some of the wording has me a little reserved now.

Also I would not be surprised at all if the Potter Coaster is the best new ride in Orlando next year over both Star Wars rides. Hell I would even say the world. Sorry but I’m a realist and from what has been said about it ...well yeah. Would happily be wrong though with Star Wars just blowing it out of the water.

The more great rides and lands the merrier, come on Disney finish the GotG coaster and Tron Coaster by October 2020 pleasePLEASEplase, and happy Football Day.

Man do I love Star Wars so I am truly hoping this land and it’s rides blow me away. Me, my wife and daughter as well as my brother and his family and parents have a massive trip planned for Disneyworld for 2020 all because of Star Wars: Galaxies Edge...yet...

Just hearing @Disneyhead and a few others have me a little nervous. Battle Escape/Rise of the Resistance now sounds like Spider-Man but with Kong’s ride vehicles and a few extra AA’s which don’t get me wrong sounds like fun but not a game changer. I was expecting Spider-Man on crack with elements of Forbidden Journey all in the Star Wars universe.

Millineum Falcon/Smugglers Run sounds like Startours and mission space(more hands on) so we have to pilot the ship which could be fun but won’t we also be distracted from the overall ride experience trying to fulfill our duties.

I hope I’m way off base and these rides truly set a new level for attraction experiences but some of the wording has me a little reserved now.

Also I would not be surprised at all if the Potter Coaster is the best new ride in Orlando next year over both Star Wars rides. Hell I would even say the world. Sorry but I’m a realist and from what has been said about it ...well yeah. Would happily be wrong though with Star Wars just blowing it out of the water.

The more great rides and lands the merrier, come on Disney finish the GotG coaster and Tron Coaster by October 2020 pleasePLEASEplase, and happy Football Day.
GotG and Tron will both be 2021.

Disney finish the GotG coaster and Tron Coaster by October 2020 pleasePLEASEplase, and happy Football Day.

I'm sure GotG will not be ready until 2021, and I don't think they're allowed to open Tron until 2021 when the Shanghai version is five years old. I think there is a contractual agreement about exclusivity on that for five years.

About time.

Who wants to bet "Star Wars:" will be in both ride names? I long for the days of short and to the point ride names at WDW. Star Tours. Done, perfect. We get it.

Instead this is gonna be like, "Star Wars: Escape Adventure of the First Order" and "Star Wars: Passage of the Millennium Falcon".

Who am I kidding, they'll probably be longer names than those. Can't wait though!

Which ride started the long name trend? Was it Forbidden Journey?