Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

I gotta say that if somehow I ever end up on the design team for HHN I'm gonna push for Twin Peaks so damn hard, but also I feel like Twin Peaks is the perfect property to go a bit original with since theres so much content to work with and with the Black Lodge and the entities within it not a lot of context is required, if only there was enough room in a maze to go original with it without having to cut part of the rest of the abundance of content lol.
"It's a world of truck drivers..."

I feel like most of "Got a light" from The Return would work as maze material as well. Not to mention how amazing it would be to hear the soundtrack in a maze, that would honestly be one of the best parts.

Imagine the ending of the show as the finale. A facade of the Palmer house going crazy like the Poltergeist facade, Laura's screaming, a telephone pole from Fire Walks With Me, electric whooshing sounds...

Then you go inside, and it's just chaos. Leland is strangling Maddy, Sarah is smashing a photo, BOB is showing up in the mirror, the wall is disappearing and the unicorn is there...

AEDIT: just read @KreepyKarpy finale idea, and that's even better! God I want this house...

I don't know if I should continue on the topic of Twin Peaks being a maze, but I just remembered that a while back (like 2 years ago), I'd been trying to design a Twin Peaks maze on Roblox Studios (which strangely is great for making mazes come to life. I mean look at HHN Roblox. That's pretty amazing). I left it incomplete, but I think I remember what I'd been trying to go for. I have a few screenshots of some of my favorite parts.
Twin Peaks 0 by Alvin Prak, on Flickr
The facade would be the Great Northern Hotel, pretty much because I didn't know how to start the maze with the police station and leads to the opening scare...
Twin Peaks 1 by Alvin Prak, on Flickr
Leland Palmer dancing with his golf club, singing and smiling (possibly a realistic silicone mask much like the Torrance mask).
Twin Peaks 2 by Alvin Prak, on Flickr
Cooper's room. Cooper is on the ground from being shot. The Giant is behind him, appearing behind a scrim wall and saying "the Owls are not what they seem". MIKE also scares the guests through the window.
Twin Peaks 3 by Alvin Prak, on Flickr
This room isn't finished but it was gonna be the bathroom scene, with a static BOB figure behind the mirror and Cooper, blood running from his forehead, popping out from the bathroom curtains, laughing (I like @Chris Galindo's idea better of having Cooper directly in the scene like the face-peeling scene in Poltergeist).
Twin Peaks 4 by Alvin Prak, on Flickr
Laura Palmer's house. Lights flashing through the windows and Sarah Palmer calling out for Laura is heard.

I don't have a picture of it, but I was going to have a scrim hallway (like the FvJ effect) in Laura's house to transition from the house corridor to the Black Lodge, with the Giant at the end of the hallway saying "It's Happening Again".

Twin Peaks 5 by Alvin Prak, on Flickr
"Some of your friends are here..."

Bro that's incredible! My idea is to start at the TP Sheriff's Dept. (even have a small portion of the queue be in there - I went the extra length and thought why not make someone play Lucy as the receptionist and take the nightly Twitter code?) and cut to the scene of Leland torturing Laura and Teresa in Fire Walk with Me with a police broadcast narrating the events in the background, after that proceed chronology through the series, but man the fact that you went the extra length is just insane.

I don't know if I should continue on the topic of Twin Peaks being a maze, but I just remembered that a while back (like 2 years ago), I'd been trying to design a Twin Peaks maze on Roblox Studios (which strangely is great for making mazes come to life. I mean look at HHN Roblox. That's pretty amazing). I left it incomplete, but I think I remember what I'd been trying to go for. I have a few screenshots of some of my favorite parts.
The facade would be the Great Northern Hotel, pretty much because I didn't know how to start the maze with the police station and leads to the opening scare...
Leland Palmer dancing with his golf club, singing and smiling (possibly a realistic silicone mask much like the Torrance mask).
Cooper's room. Cooper is on the ground from being shot. The Giant is behind him, appearing behind a scrim wall and saying "the Owls are not what they seem". MIKE also scares the guests through the window.
This room isn't finished but it was gonna be the bathroom scene, with a static BOB figure behind the mirror and Cooper, blood running from his forehead, popping out from the bathroom curtains, laughing (I like @Chris Galindo's idea better of having Cooper directly in the scene like the face-peeling scene in Poltergeist).
Laura Palmer's house. Lights flashing through the windows and Sarah Palmer calling out for Laura is heard.

I don't have a picture of it, but I was going to have a scrim hallway (like the FvJ effect) in Laura's house to transition from the house corridor to the Black Lodge, with the Giant at the end of the hallway saying "It's Happening Again".

Thats some pretty fantastic work, I think I'm gonna use Roblox studio for some future plans of mine, pretty cool idea

One other random shot in the dark in regards to "Bunny:" In The Witch, there's a hare that appears whenever something bad happens. In folklore, hares were often associated with witches or thought to be witches in animal form. Witches were in media throughout the centuries AND were mentioned in literary works.

Last edited:

That's pretty incredible, dude. Mad respect.

One other random shot in the dark in regards to "Bunny:" In The Witch, there's a hare that appears whenever something bad happens. In folklore, hares were often associated with witches or thought to be witches in animal form. Witches were in media throughout the centuries AND were mentioned in literary works.

Ooo if this could mean a “Horrors of A24” I would be so excited. Could also be AHS Coven since it’s supposedly a curveball property

I'm going to try to take another crack at "Bunny"

I'm going to say it's Cabin in the Woods. That would make a lot of us on here happy. It's done by Lionsgate and they seem to have a good relationship with Uni. I want to say it relates to bunny because I could've sworn a bunny was involved in some way for the ritual in the movie. I know it's ripped off of another book "A Night in the Pines" making it "kinda" literature-based.

Nope. Like I said, "Bunny" has to do with someone that has something to do with something... that something being the potential property.

Going off of @NuteGunrayWasFramed’s theory about “Bunny” being inspired by the idea of Witch’s shapeshifting and what @Horror Lover said about it being something we thought would never happen, what “Bunny” is The Conjuring? Taissa Farmiga played a witch in AHS Coven and her sister was in 1&2, plus Taissa was in The Nun. Additionally the villain in Conjuring 1 was a witch. Plus John has said that it’s a white whale property for him.

If it’s not that maybe Bunny could be IT, have a feeling this is probably a Warner Bros IP though

Sorry, was gone for a bit but I'll give the first part, if nobody gets it I'll lay out a few more
The first part is "Black and White Whale"
Total shot in the dark but...Leprechaun? Free Willy came out in 1993 as did the original Leprechaun. Spans multiple decades and is in literature, but not any specific piece.