Aquaman | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Aquaman

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
this looks so beautiful. i love everything about the trailer. looks so majestic and powerful. i cant wait to see the giant sea creatures in theaters

Reactions: chris.g
A bit of incite, I got wind early on when Screenings started..and it was getting really positive.

Now, critics have been reporting that they have seen the film, and the responses are getting really good for a DC film.

Going into the film blind once I do, but man am I excited about this film.
I believe you meant "insight".

They showed some way-too-long extended preview in front of Fantastic Beasts and it actually made me want to see it a lot less.

I don't know if this is telling or not but this didn't really gain any traction yesterday. It didn't trend on any social media sites which I found odd because it definitely looks better than most of the other DCEU films we have gotten.

Reactions: tankart150
It doesn't help that Aquaman looks like the same as every DC movie, just repackaged. It also doesn't help that there has yet to be a descent DCU movie...(Although I kinda liked BVS but thought Wonder Woman was bland).

Your opinion. I love MoS and BvS Ultimate Edition. I like Wonder Woman and hate SS and JL. Aquaman is nothing like any of the other DC movies before, despite disappointments.

Funny how you say Aquaman looks like every other DC movie, but the same could be said about every other Marvel film. Wonder Woman/ Suicide Squad/ BvS are all unique, even if some consider they're bad. I'd rather have something different than over saturation.

Reactions: tankart150
Caught this tonight. No question it started life as a by-the-numbers superhero origin movie. But then it mixes in elements from Masters of the Universe, Flash Gordon (the film it most reminds me of), Raiders, Highlander ... it feels so 80s it needs a Queen soundtrack. The story is more fantasy than science, but it's such goofy fun I quit questioning, say, how people can talk underwater and just went with it. Neither Khal Drogo or Mera ever going to win an Oscar, but the movie serves them well, playing to their natural character. Effects are mostly seamless, just a couple video game cut scenes here or there--the fact they stand out shows how good the rest of the movie is visually, 98% of the movie is effect shots.

Go in ready for a fun time, you won't be disappointed.

One of the greatest experiences I've ever had in the movie theater. Im not a DC fanboy either. I really hated Batman v Superman and i hated Justice league
I went expecting a regular superhero action movie and what I got was an amazing fantasy adventure movie in the style of Indiana Jones and Pirates of the Caribbean. the visuals are wonderful. the soundtrack is wonderful and compliments the movie very well.
I am glad i saw it in theaters, this is one of those movies that is meant for the giant screen. there is so much detail in the ocean scenes and so many little details in the animals and the sets that for that alone it is a must at the movie theater.

The movie is fun from beginning to end. it is very charming and Aquaman is a very charming and funny character. I loved his relationship with Mera. they were both very likable. you follow them throughout the movie in their journey and it felt like a lot of fun to follow them. it does feel like an adventure movie from the 80s. I have not felt this way about a movie in decades. it made me feel like a kid again, it brought back memories of watching movies in the 90s like The Fifth Element.

the special effects are incredible and very well done. this is the best superhero movie I have ever seen when it comes to visuals and special effects (including anything marvel has ever done)
This movie is a lot closer to Thor Ragnarok Pirates of the Caribbean than anything else. The underwater scenes reminded me of Asgard and Wakanda.
some of the style reminded me of Bladerunner and Tron Legacy. he music too, the soundtrack has a lot of Synth in it, it felt like the soundtrack of Tron Legacy and movies like Bladerunner.
the costumes are very incredible. everything looked so beautiful. the movie is a big treat on the eyes. the movie is epic in scale and James Wan knew how to use the space given to him. the ending is INSANE... theres so much going on the entire screen is filled with battles.
this feels like a H.P. Lovecraft movie ever never got. the creatures are straight up from H.P. Lovecraft stories.
Black Manta doesnt have much screen time but he is really cool and his scenes were very heavy. I think it did justice to the character. he looked incredible in the suit. i loved him
Nicole Kidman was very charming in it too, I LOVED her in this. haven't like her this much in years.

i am very happy this was created the way it was and i am happy i got to see it in a big screen. you have never seen anything like this at this giant scale. I don't think there has ever been a movie like this before.

This movie’s kicking some serious butt at the box office. Considering that Aquaman is one of the most ridiculed characters of all time, Warner Bros. had to be extremely pleased with the results so far.

Same, even without seeing the film (tomorrow for me), it seems that they finally got a grip of what to do for the future. And with Shazam hitting in April (as of now...) and Birds of Prey, Wonder Woman 84, and The Flash seeming like that they are finally moving forward..the only place to go I would say, is up.

Reactions: TheGentTrent
Some of the hate this movie is getting is ridiculous and excessive.
It is not a perfect movie, i know it has its issues and the plot is a little genetic

But some of the extreme nitpicking and some of the negativity it is getting is kinda brutal... some people cant even give it anything positive...