Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion) | Page 136 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Just to be clear, you guys would rather have Mission Breakout than Hollywood Studios' Tower of Terror? It's essentially a perfect attraction.

Absolutely. Have you been on it?

Like @Nick said above, it would be a horrendous addition to that area. In DCA it kind of makes sense with what is coming. Also excusing the fact that Mission Breakout won’t work on the DHS ToT platform.

Edit: It was a perfect attraction but not after riding MB. I used to think Soarin’ was a great ride until I rode Flight of Passage :shrug:

No, I haven't been on it, and it would not surprise me if I came off Mission Breakout thinking it's more "fun," but it's really an apples-to-oranges comparison. The two attractions are trying to evoke different responses and create totally different moods. One is trying to be just a blast of excitement, while the other is going for something much more eerie and creepy.

For its placement in the park, I think Tower of Terror is absolutely brilliant, and one of Imagineering's crowning achievements in placemaking.

Last edited:
Here's the thing: Would you rather have ToT be replaced by Mission Breakout, or something worse down the line (like Monsters Inc or Doctor Strange)? 'Cause I doubt that ToT stays as ToT for long.

I want it to remain an "old Hollywood" haunted hotel, which I think you could actually still do with Doctor Strange if such things must come to pass.

This is Disney we're talking about. They'll shove something in.

Hopefully Doctor Strange, if we do end up getting him, replaces Muppets Courtyard and Star Tours (if ST doesn't end up getting replaced by Indiana Jones).

DHS' Tower of Terror is superior to any other version simply because of its ride system. At no time does it break theme that you're not in an elevator. All the others immediately break because you have to go through the elevator doors THROUGH THE EXIT HALLWAY, and then to another set of doors. Mission Breakout doesn't require you to believe its an old hotel elevator so it works better,

I got the chance to experience both Mission Breakout and Monsters After Dark for the first time a few weeks back. I actually wasn't impressed by the ride experience at all. Not sure what you guys like about the fact that it's pretty much TOT but cuts straight to the dropping except for the 3 times the doors open to reveal screens for a couple seconds? Did I miss something?

Reactions: Jones14
I got the chance to experience both Mission Breakout and Monsters After Dark for the first time a few weeks back. I actually wasn't impressed by the ride experience at all. Not sure what you guys like about the fact that it's pretty much TOT but cuts straight to the dropping except for the 3 times the doors open to reveal screens for a couple seconds? Did I miss something?

I think people expected a similar ride to ToT with the slow build up rather than it being fast-paced. GotG is great, but ToT at DHS does not need any replacing... it is perfect.

I think people expected a similar ride to ToT with the slow build up rather than it being fast-paced. GotG is great, but ToT at DHS does not need any replacing... it is perfect.
It doesn’t NEED replacing, no. I think the reason for the conversation to be had though is because it’s likely Disney drops the rights to Twilight Zone eventually.

Reactions: WowFactor
It is very unlikely we will see ToT replaced with Mission Breakout because of the differences with DHS version and others, it would mean they would have to add a lot more in, instead of a quick(ish) redo. It would probably involve getting the actors in to shoot new stuff, though if they did that they could shoot all the stuff for the Epcot ride as well :p

Reactions: WAJAS
DP, Bio Strikes Again

Everything's looking really good with the new transportation hub. Security will be moving in the next phase of changes... it's part of the tram drop off redo. There will be two separate potential places to go through security: Once you disembark from the tram or as you are talking through the new transportation plaza. The gondola passengers will go through security before boarding, so they will exit inside of the security perimeter.

They need more churros. They're every 10 feet in Disneyland but in Disney World, good luck.

I wish they would just get rid of Disney Junior. And Little Mermaid. And all of Animation courtyard. I want to see everything leveled much like SoA/LMA/BLT was.

Reactions: belloq87