Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disneyland) | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disneyland)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I thought Anaheim was ahead of Orlando. Odd that O should get the ship in place first.
I wondered about that too, and I get the feeling that they wanted to prioritize on a lot more important matters, like ride installations and finishing heavier construction before doing the ships. Probably wrong, but that's my thought process.

Disneyland actually had that ship mostly built first but it was dismantled for some reason and has now been rebuilt.

I believe, from what I’ve heard, that DL has been focusing much more on interior things than exterior which is why it looks like Orlando has just about caught up with us. But they’re definitely still about 6 months behind because they have a lot still to do inside of the rides and shops/restaurants.

I thought Anaheim was ahead of Orlando. Odd that O should get the ship in place first.

They're focusing on different aspects of the land. Disney World had started exterior structures that had not gone vertical yet at Disneyland. From my understanding Battle Escape's interiors are nearly complete and the ride system is being programmed (or was as of a month ago) in Disneyland but are still far from being dressed in Orlando.

Reactions: Scott W. and Ryan
They actually got this ship a long time ago... it was just removed quickly after being put in place.

Also Orlando is focusing on the exterior first while Disneyland is focusing more on interior.

Interesting how clearly they are diferentiating the attractions even with the logos:
Falcon as 'old school star wars'
Rise of the Resistance as 'shiny new Star wars'

Reactions: HPFred
Google Maps has updated Disneyland. Not sure how old this picture is though.

lieiezz40jz11.png

Google Maps has updated Disneyland. Not sure how old this picture is though.

lieiezz40jz11.png

Of all my time looking at Google Earth, I’ve never seen a 3D model added before the map is. There’s a way to view information about the model but for the life of me, I can’t remember how to do it.

Of all my time looking at Google Earth, I’ve never seen a 3D model added before the map is. There’s a way to view information about the model but for the life of me, I can’t remember how to do it.

That only works when the model is made in an outside program and imported (and approved) by Google Earth. The 3D model that has galaxy's edge is modeled (scanned) natively in the terrain, so there are no details.

Reactions: HPFred and Scott W.
Wow I didn’t realize how much bigger DHS’ Star Wars Land is in comparison to DLR’s. I realize they’re both identical but just in terms of land plot, DHS is significantly larger.