Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Page 21 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
^

He pretty much does the same thing 2 days later with the same movies in the same spot with new stuff so I'm sure it's nothing and that everyone is just flipping out over nothing much.

Reactions: Clive and Legacy
^

He pretty much does the same thing 2 days later with the same movies in the same spot with new stuff so I'm sure it's nothing and that everyone is just flipping out over nothing much.

Agreed. Although, I do feel that his feed is worth watching throughout the year. I feel he tends to telegraph some HHN offerings on there...whether on purpose or not.

Reactions: HHNManics

TWD Confirmed

Every so often, you can get insight on what they're looking at doing in the future. But Mike is just a guy. He mostly talks about his family, wrestling, and his friends' projects. Follow him because he's a good guy, not for HHN.

I think people expect him to be like Murdy, and that couldn't be further from the truth.

This is my first real speculation cycle for HHN since I mainly lurked for 28, how late or early in the game are the house/scarezone lists finalized internally? I know that stuff like '25 Scream and '27 Conjuring can cause some last minute house decisions but I doubt that's the norm.

This is my first real speculation cycle for HHN since I mainly lurked for 28, how late or early in the game are the house/scarezone lists finalized internally? I know that stuff like '25 Scream and '27 Conjuring can cause some last minute house decisions but I doubt that's the norm.
It depends. Some stuff is probably "locked" and in actual development already, but only the givens (either because they're already contracted or approved). They have their wish list (such as IT last year), and they're working on some of that stuff though it may never see the light of day (like IT last year). There is just no guarantee rights can be purchased or management will approve. In general, the event isn't set until February.

TWD Confirmed

Every so often, you can get insight on what they're looking at doing in the future. But Mike is just a guy. He mostly talks about his family, wrestling, and his friends' projects. Follow him because he's a good guy, not for HHN.

I think people expect him to be like Murdy, and that couldn't be further from the truth.

Exactly. Two things that I've picked up on as potential smoke/fire properties are Haunting of Hill House, and maybe teaming up with Shudder and/or Fangoria to do a branded house (ie: "Shudder Presents").

So, someone on HNN is saying that he heard that scare actors were made to tone down their scaring this year. Can anyone confirm or deny this? So angry if true.

Last edited:
So, someone on HNN is saying that he heard that scare actors were made to tone down their scaring this year. Can anyone confirm or deny this? So angry if true.
I responded. In a nutshell, managers and directors will have scareactors change (or "tone down") scares to improve guests flow or ensure scareactor safety. It happens. It happened to me a couple times way back in 2002. It's a non-issue.

So which houses from 28 came in the top 3 and bottom 3 according to the polls? I imagine Poltergeist, Dead Exposure, and Stranger Things were the top three but aside from Blumhouse I can’t picture what the bottom 3 would be since all of the houses were pretty good in their own ways.

So which houses from 28 came in the top 3 and bottom 3 according to the polls? I imagine Poltergeist, Dead Exposure, and Stranger Things were the top three but aside from Blumhouse I can’t picture what the bottom 3 would be since all of the houses were pretty good in their own ways.
In fan polls or GSATs? Because those tend to differ a good bit.

Reactions: SeventyOne
GSATs are the only official ones, and they’re not officially released. If we’re lucky, they’ve been shared (I don’t have them).

Oh ok, it’s really cool they take as many surveys and polls and the research they do. At the rate they’re going I’m curious to see how they handle the crowding situation next year.

So which houses were the worst and best according to the fan polls considering there seemed to be somewhat-even consistency through 9 of the houses?

Reactions: soma27
Wouldn't be surprised if they go with Nightflyers as an IP...with the Netflix funding/release, Universal owning the IP and being able to slap George RR Martin's name on it, I think it could add some buzz.
Also a really good solid space/slasher house.

What are the chances of Pet Semetary coming in? It’s got the remake coming next year same as Child’s Play and it’d fit the same classic horror mold as TCM, Exorcist, Shining, and Poltergeist have the past few years. The only problems might be Stephen King and that its overall more obscure than the others.

Reactions: jrn14
What are the chances of Pet Semetary coming in? It’s got the remake coming next year same as Child’s Play and it’d fit the same classic horror mold as TCM, Exorcist, Shining, and Poltergeist have the past few years. The only problems might be Stephen King and that its overall more obscure than the others.

I'm not familiar with the story (sorry, King of horror!), but I would imagine there would be a lot of puppets/animatronics and not so many people. Could make for an interesting house - Seeds of Extinction wasn't much different, I guess. Lots of smaller, hand puppet type scares.

I'm not familiar with the story (sorry, King of horror!), but I would imagine there would be a lot of puppets/animatronics and not so many people. Could make for an interesting house - Seeds of Extinction wasn't much different, I guess. Lots of smaller, hand puppet type scares.
well thereś only one dead animal in the whole film. so no they won´t be alot of puppets