Attendance Tracker | Page 107 | Inside Universal Forums

Attendance Tracker

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
They're too young to know the reference, but one of the funniest episode of TV ever.
Yes, dropped them from planes or helicopters for a radio station promotion, not realizing turkeys don't fly more than a few feet. And they all supposedly splattered when they hit the ground. (Note to the younger readers:Don't worry, it didn't really happened. Just a TV show episode)

I don't think Touring Plans realized how many schools now take Thanksgiving week off. I wasn't aware either and I was expecting a nice slow week, but the theme parks all knew with their Christmas stuff kicking off last weekend and running solid all week. Even SeaWorld and Busch Gardens are doing their Christmas events all week this year when they usually just start Thanksgiving weekend.

Parks were slammed again on Tuesday . Five of the six had Level 10 Crowds, one had a 9 Level (TP), while Touring Plans only predicted Level 5's. Gringotts hit 2 1/2 hours at one point on Tuesday afternoon and Kang & Kudos hit 55 minutes in the afternoon (K&K is almost always a walk on). I'd hate to be in the Universal parks without Express pass, especially with just low moderate crowds predicted.

Looking at the daily Touring Plans crowd calendar (crowd levels, though not actual attendance, but nonetheless a strong 'indicator' of attendance) for the Thanksgiving holiday week, it appears both WDW and Universal had a strong crowd level week. Every day equaled, surpassed, or greatly surpassed the TP crowd projections.

Looking at the daily Touring Plans crowd calendar (crowd levels, though not actual attendance, but nonetheless a strong 'indicator' of attendance) for the Thanksgiving holiday week, it appears both WDW and Universal had a strong crowd level week. Every day equaled, surpassed, or greatly surpassed the TP crowd projections.

I think with dynamic pricing and staffing, crowd calendars are going to be less and less useful/accurate. I don’t blame TP or OI as much as I do WDW and UO.

I think with dynamic pricing and staffing, crowd calendars are going to be less and less useful/accurate. I don’t blame TP or OI as much as I do WDW and UO.
On Thanksgiving week though, dynamic pricing doesn't come into play. WDW & Universal both charge the Maximum throughout the entire week. But yes, it does seem to throw the touring plan predictions off during the months like Jan. Feb. & Sept,. like when Disney cut staffing big time last year....I would guess these Thanksgiving week strong crowd indicators were legit, for the most part.

If Brexit continues it’s current path, I predict that visitors to Orlando from the U.K. will be way down. I’ve spoke to a few travel agents and they’ve all said that their numbers are down by at least 25% for bookings next year.
Brexit certainly seems to be a mess. And it doesn't seem like there's anyway out of getting any sort of agreement with the people, and politicians, so evenly divided on what to do. ....Universal crowds seemed to be just about right on with Touring Plan predictions except for two or three days where lines were significantly longer than projections. But you would never know it was slow season from the large crowds on the streets most of the times. So, even though it's traditionally slow in the ride queues, the streets are still festive since they were pretty crowded for the most part. Seuss Landing, in particular, was always as crowded in the streets as Hogsmeade and Diagon with their always large crowds. Kidzone though, was empty just about every time we walked back that way.

We have flocks of wild turkeys around here. They can actually fly 'very short distances'. They often roost in the trees. The wild ones get pretty darn big.

I know. However, that line is from the aforementioned episode of "WKRP in Cincinnati". We have wild turkeys around Cincinnati but more out in the country. We saw one turkey by Port Orleans Riverside and he was huge. Just youtube it to see the scene/episode.

Reactions: Mad Dog
I know. However, that line is from the aforementioned episode of "WKRP in Cincinnati". We have wild turkeys around Cincinnati but more out in the country. We saw one turkey by Port Orleans Riverside and he was huge. Just youtube it to see the scene/episode.
Yes it is from WKRP in Cincy. I actually started this topic a few pages back. :)...:thumbsup:...Loved the show back in it's day.

Brexit certainly seems to be a mess. And it doesn't seem like there's anyway out of getting any sort of agreement with the people, and politicians, so evenly divided on what to do. ....Universal crowds seemed to be just about right on with Touring Plan predictions except for two or three days where lines were significantly longer than projections. But you would never know it was slow season from the large crowds on the streets most of the times. So, even though it's traditionally slow in the ride queues, the streets are still festive since they were pretty crowded for the most part. Seuss Landing, in particular, was always as crowded in the streets as Hogsmeade and Diagon with their always large crowds. Kidzone though, was empty just about every time we walked back that way.

It certainly is that. I’m putting any trip to the states next year on hold and waiting to see what happens.

This is when you have to admire Disney’s advertising. They’ve got people invested more than a year out and they can’t really back out now.

Reactions: Coasted and Mad Dog