Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 409 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, if anything; I see it as trying to fix the park's..shall we say, to tip the balance of water to dry rides in that vicinity, along with the fact that Kong was more than just an IOA type of scenario.

Reactions: Magic-Man

So, we just going to ignore King Kong 2005 then, and the nature of Skull Island having multiple different species, with differences that separate it from Jurassic Park? Okay? Okay, that sounds peachy..:eek:O:

Reactions: Magic-Man

So, we just going to ignore King Kong 2005 then, and the nature of Skull Island having multiple different species, with differences that separate it from Jurassic Park? Okay? Okay, that sounds peachy..:eek:O:
Now your just stretching. Big time.

My argument is that Dino’s are monsters and Universal obviously doesn’t have a problem putting Dino’s and a fantasy creature next to each other. Which is exactly how it would be in Monster World. A giant mosh pit of IPs that are somewhat related to each other.

Just call it “Scary Land.” Problem solved.

Well, if you are going to go there..

World of Fear's (Universal Monsters, Godzilla, something else)
World of Dream's (Shrek, Trolls, Dragons)
World of Play (Mushroom Kingdom, DK Island, Hotel Mario [Luigi's Mansion])
World of Chaser's (Fantastic Beasts [New York, Berlin, Paris])
World of Explorer's (Main Entrance Area)

;)

All something needs to be a monster is to be terrifying and dangerous. The Jurassic Park movies are just a modern take on Frankenstien.
Agreed. Particularly in media the word has evolved quite a bit. Not to mention both the filmmakers and the studio have referred to the Jurassic films as a modern take on Universal's classic monster movies. Straight from the horses mouth.

I don't know what to think. If Beijing gets a gyrosphere ride for their Jurassic World land, I'd love to see it show up stateside. And I'd much rather get that added than just have River Adventure re-themed. And if shoving a single gyrosphere ride into a Scary Monsters Land at 4th gate I'm fine with that, cause I like new rides and I like Jurassic World, so thematic integrity be damned!

I don't know what to think. If Beijing gets a gyrosphere ride for their Jurassic World land, I'd love to see it show up stateside. And I'd much rather get that added than just have River Adventure re-themed. And if shoving a single gyrosphere ride into a Scary Monsters Land at 4th gate I'm fine with that, cause I like new rides and I like Jurassic World, so thematic integrity be damned!

If the ride is as good as people are saying, I'd love to see it. But I get the feeling it will be Beijing exclusive for a while.

Maybe as a planned expansion for Park 3

Reactions: HPFred
Honestly, who's to say that China may insist on Universal wanting to keep Beijing's Gyrosphere attraction..shall we say, an exclusive for an extended period of time?

I mean, Tron is seeming to be staying as an Shanghai exclusive until 2021 at the earliest, and I could see it being more as if it's just to keep some things exclusively.

Reactions: Alicia
Honestly, who's to say that China may insist on Universal wanting to keep Beijing's Gyrosphere attraction..shall we say, an exclusive for an extended period of time?

I mean, Tron is seeming to be staying as an Shanghai exclusive until 2021 at the earliest, and I could see it being more as if it's just to keep some things exclusively.
Good point. Okay, so 4th gate expansion. I'll accept that. I waited for Tron and Ratatouille exclusivity rights to run out, I can wait for this.

That's not to say I could see them work something out, to where the RIDE SYSTEM, isn't exclusive..but I get the distinct impression that anything Jurassic World, Kung Fu Panda, and other IP's that are used in the way in China, would be locked to having it only at China for the period of time that lapses through.

What I'd be interested in, is if they can get that ride system for Gyrosphere onto another attraction altogether, so they can maximize the usage of that system.

That's not to say I could see them work something out, to where the RIDE SYSTEM, isn't exclusive..but I get the distinct impression that anything Jurassic World, Kung Fu Panda, and other IP's that are used in the way in China, would be locked to having it only at China for the period of time that lapses through.

What I'd be interested in, is if they can get that ride system for Gyrosphere onto another attraction altogether, so they can maximize the usage of that system.
Yes, your idea has merit, especially since Universal tends to do ride twofers to cut developmental costs.

I was just about to say something in that regards.

What is the actual verbiage in the exclusivity rights?

Tron and Ratatouille are quite simply clones of other attractions.

Why couldn’t they still use the ride system?

Why couldn’t they still use Jurassic world and just change the layout, story, etc.? Thus making the two attractions feel like completely different rides I.e. Indiana Jones at Disneyland and Dinosaur at Animal Kingdom I know 2 different IPs but you get what I mean.

@Mad Dog, Honestly, I'm thinking of it more from the lens of Chinese government. If I were them, I'd want to ensure that something unique and groundbreaking, can stay within the confines of the Countries capital; and to ensure that it stays for a period of time.

Universal, would more than likely be very happy to get this to the other parks that they can get it in; but they may be strong armed for a period of time.

@Moose84, If I'm not mistaken; some have said that Disneyland Paris had an exclusivity period, due to that the attraction was not only being created from scratch, but was also when Disney didn't completely own Disneyland Paris.

Reactions: Mad Dog
The real sad part of all of this speculation is that answers aren't even remotely imminent given how Universal handles public reveals of their plans and attractions. Attractions opening in less than 5 months don't even get an announcement these days. The park will open in 2023 with no marketing, no teasers, no blog posts, no press releases and a piece of blurry concept art from 600 feet in the air. People will be riding the rides before Universal acknowledges publicly that they've been built.

Status
Not open for further replies.