Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 410 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The real sad part of all of this speculation is that answers aren't even remotely imminent given how Universal handles public reveals of their plans and attractions. Attractions opening in less than 5 months don't even get an announcement these days. The park will open in 2023 with no marketing, no teasers, no blog posts, no press releases and a piece of blurry concept art from 600 feet in the air. People will be riding the rides before Universal acknowledges publicly that they've been built.
The Springfield Renovation formula. ......As Gomer Pyle used to say, "Surprise, Surprise, Surprise".......Yep, that's Universal's marketing MO. :lol:

I'll laugh if they make a "Monster Island" featuring JW and Godzilla while Kong is over where a Jurassic World Gyrosphere ride should have gone.
Get ready to laugh. I'm actually perfectly fine with Jurassic Park existing "frozen in time" over at Islands of Adventure to represent the classic trilogy while the 3rd park gets the ride themed to the new films. It's the best of both worlds and allows us to keep Hammond and the classic color scheme intact at IOA. Disney has thrived on nostalgia for decades and as the parks continue to grow older, more and more adults will be visiting to evoke their childhood just like they do at WDW. Keeping and maintaining some "classics" is a smart move especially now that they have the luxury of space with the new land purchases which they never had before.

Mummy, E.T., Spider-Man, River Adventure all fall into the category of Universal "classics" to me and with the destruction of Jaws, Earthquake, and the original Kong, we should cherish the older attractions that stand the test of time while also scratching that nostalgia itch that is so powerful.

I am picturing a park where we start in the middle, a fully enclosed domed building with cool projections on the ceiling, places to sit and such. We are told that we are setting off on a journey of exploration and discovery, inside the dome there are 4 gates each leading to a different world, The World of Monsters, The World of Magic, what have you. Each world would have it's own aesthetic and would contain a lot of IPs that are only deserving of A ride, or A show, or A restaurant, etc, and then in the back of each World is a single-IP Land in the Diagon Alley, Hogsmede mold, fully immersive with it's own look and sound separate from, but not a million miles away from, the rest of the World. These Lands would each have a marquee ride as well as a few smaller attractions, shops, and restaurants.

The Lands would make up a lot of the marketing but it's the freedom of the Worlds that could keep it fresh. For it's first decade Islands of Adventure didn't change much, there are a lot of business reasons for that but as was shown when they finally did add stuff, the strong level of theming didn't help. They just about got away with adding Hogsmede, even if it meant the slow death of one of the parks most famous rides, but Kong Skull Island, much as I love it, is an incredibly awkward fit. This feels like it could split the difference of the freedom of Studios' Generic Cities with Islands immersive theming.

Wouldn't be suprised if Universal brings this to the park as a idea.

The only exclusives I know of for Beiging is their Panda and and I believe another attraction about China.

I have heard JW won't get a land in the 3rd gate, but not that it wouldn't get an attraction.

Kung Fu Panda is the only park exclusive in first park...second Park will have attractions 100% not coming to the states tech wise for awhile.

Reactions: Magic-Man
Toho, but if they want to use the current American version they’d likely have to go through them and WB as well.
They not only have to go to those two but Legendary as well because Legendary is still head producer on that project.

I'm hoping that they just make their own version or use a Japanese version, rather than having to go through three companies to access a version of Godzilla that will end in 2020.

No idea why they would bother involving a third party to include Godzilla when Universal has plenty of monsters in their library to build a complete "world" without him.

In an unrelated note, I wish those Lord of the Rings rumors from back in the day were true for the third park. Still holding out hope Universal secures the theme park rights eventually.

Reactions: tielo and Mad Dog
No idea why they would bother involving a third party to include Godzilla when Universal has plenty of monsters in their library to build a complete "world" without him.

In an unrelated note, I wish those Lord of the Rings rumors from back in the day were true for the third park. Still holding out hope Universal secures the theme park rights eventually.
Because he’s God-mothaf*#@in-zilla, King of the Monsters. He is a true evergreen property and has been a draw for almost 65 years and spans every form of media between almost 3 dozen films, countless shows, comics, games, toys, etc.

Sorry I just love Godzilla.

Also completely agree about LotR, it is the only other IP with a draw the size of Star Wars and Harry Potter.

Because he’s God-mothaf*#@in-zilla, King of the Monsters. He is a true evergreen property and has been a draw for almost 65 years and spans every form of media between almost 3 dozen films, countless shows, comics, games, toys, etc.

Sorry I just love Godzilla.

Also completely agree about LotR, it is the only other IP with a draw the size of Star Wars and Harry Potter.
Recognizable brand, and technically apart of the legendary family...even though he is owned by someone else

Also, when is the Kong vs Godzilla movie supposed to happen

Recognizable brand, and technically apart of the legendary family...even though he is owned by someone else

Also, when is the Kong vs Godzilla movie supposed to happen
32 films produced by Toho and 1 by legendary(second one next year).
Sorry but Godzilla is part of his own family and Toho says what with him period like Rowling and Potter. Legendary had to beg, plead, and scratch to have Toho allow them to make films and even then there are very strict guidelines. Let’s not forget the abomination that was Godzilla 1998. Sorry but calling Godzilla as just part of the Legendary family is really almost insulting. Godzilla has an MTV Lifetime Achievement Movie Award for Christ sakes, I kid I kid.

Godzilla vs Kong is 2020. Note who takes top billing.

Status
Not open for further replies.