Wreck It Ralph II (2018) | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Wreck It Ralph II (2018)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I have to agree with Sean here, I'm honestly not feeling it. The jokes really aren't landing for me, most of the internet sections are giving me a "Emoji movie, but Disney." vibe. (Which doesn't make it better because it's Disney, since it wouldn't be the first time Disney has fallen flat trying to be hip, relevant and/or self aware.)

An now that we've gotten a taste of the main story, I'm still not feeling it. We're getting more race stuff, but ooh it's the extreme post-apocalaka blandness that I don't care for unless George Miller is in charge.

Considering I enjoyed the first one, it pains me to say this feels like a whiff.

Reactions: GadgetGuru
Definitely better than that awful first trailer. I think it still seems a bit uneven and too much like The Emoji Movie for my taste, but I liked the first movie so i'll probably give this one a shot still.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Well, it's Disney after all, and most of their animated movies so far have been superb and greatly improved over the years. I just hope they don't overdo this product thingy.

I guess I'm not feeling the core emotional thrust the first one had front and center - Ralph hates being disliked and just wants to belong/be respected/loved. I'm not exactly clear what the emotional conflict is here... this trailer starts to hint at it (Vanellope wants to be... something else?), but it doesn't feel as universally resonant as the first film.

That's ultimately what matters to me far more than whether or not the jokes land. Most of them are entertaining enough, but without the beating heart, it's just a lot of expensive, shiny noise.

From what the trailers have shown, it seems like the Disney properties they are going to focus on are the Disney princesses. Which is a shame because they show all of those other properties (Muppets, Star Wars, Pixar, Marvel) in the "internet world" and it seems like they are not going to get the light of day that the Disney princesses are. I find it to be pretty disappointing considering all of the potential interactions that could occur between all these properties and the characters of Wreck-It Ralph.

I hope I'm wrong and that the trailers are just a misdirection to what will actually be the core focus of the movie.

Reactions: tankart150
Just came back from watching this and if you go see it you must stay to the very end of the credits totally worth it!

As far as the movie goes it’s a solid movie that has a central story/ conflict that resonates throughout the entire movie. The pacing is a little slow in a couple spots but otherwise flows. It does have all the emotions as well as a huge heart and a strong message. Nothing seemed overdone and if you liked the first one you should like this one too.

Overall an excellent movie that had a lot of humor and deserves a viewing and who knows you may enjoy it like I did.

I wasn't a fan of the first one but will be checking this out tomorrow night.

I'm hoping this goes to DHS as a replacement for Animation Courtyard. You have more space to work with there. I can see a Sugar-Rush ride being Disney's answer to Mario Kart.

I think Mario will be Universal's answer to Test Track and it could always go back and forth but I would love to see the Mario ride concept used for Sugar-Rush.

I think DHS is in a weird place just now and I'd rather they focused on big lands which I don't think Wreck It Ralph needs. Replacing the speedway track at MK though, would be interesting.

Reactions: Magic-Man
The movie is getting fantastic reviews so far, so can we please get a Wreck-It-Ralph attraction/land?
When I first saw Wreck it Ralph I thought it would replace the Backlot Tour if it eventually closed (which it did).
Now we got Toy Story Land and Star Wars Land.
They could’ve even reused the Tram tour path as a game transporter like from the first movie.

This was.. okay. The Disney part was my absolute favorite with all the references and the princesses too but the rest was pretty meh for me.

Reactions: SkiBum
Seems Wreck It Ralph is slightly underperforming with an unanticipated steep 55% drop. Moana and Coco both performed better in their 2nd weekend despite being original properties and not a sequel.

Reactions: tankart150