Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion | Page 67 | Inside Universal Forums

Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It’s all garbage. Chapek tried to distinguish Disney by invoking Walt and story. They’ll name more “story” stuff to make it stand out. They’re still acting self conscious after Potter and Universals comminuted output.

Especially since Marni stated that this ride would have very little "storytelling" along the way. I could see them using screens (Oh No!! Mommy bloggers and Disney purists went up in flames with both screens and a coaster) and that would allow them to direct attention or show narrow escapes.

I'm probably more concerned about motion sickness. I'm not big on spinning rides and that, plus a coaster, makes me hesitant. Probably depends on how much spinning action there is.

Reactions: Magic-Man
Especially since Marni stated that this ride would have very little "storytelling" along the way. I could see them using screens (Oh No!! Mommy bloggers and Disney purists went up in flames with both screens and a coaster) and that would allow them to direct attention or show narrow escapes.

I'm probably more concerned about motion sickness. I'm not big on spinning rides and that, plus a coaster, makes me hesitant. Probably depends on how much spinning action there is.
It won't "spin". More like directional turning.

There won't be "show scenes" in the gravity building. There will be things to look at.

Does anybody know if Universal has the Orlando theme park rights to Ant Man and the Wasp? I just read an article that they might get a rumored attraction in MK Tomorrowland or Epcot.

Does anybody know if Universal has the Orlando theme park rights to Ant Man and the Wasp? I just read an article that they might get a rumored attraction in MK Tomorrowland or Epcot.

Yes, he is an Avenger. A founding member I believe.
And he can be found predominantly in a mural on the wall of Cap’s Diner, just to the left of registers.

14977D20-0292-4AA2-8276-EAF887937226.jpeg

Or more like Space Mountian at DLP.

The extent of my knowledge of SM in Paris is limited, but I'll assume it's a great ride.

I'll also assume it's a very natural fit for its land. In fact, I know it is.

For me, to justify Guardians in Epcot (barring a storyline that somehow relates to celebrating human endeavor and culture... which there's about a 1% chance of), the ride needs to be Top 3 in Orlando. And cutouts and a few projections aren't gonna get that done for me. If you're going to further compromise Epcot, you had better blow the damn doors off.

But that's just me! I recognize we all have different things we're looking for.

Reactions: tielo
The extent of my knowledge of SM in Paris is limited, but I'll assume it's a great ride.

For me, to justify Guardians in Epcot (barring a storyline that somehow relates to celebrating human endeavor and culture... which there's about a 1% chance of), the ride needs to be Top 3 in Orlando. And cutouts and a few projections aren't gonna get that done for me. If you're going to further compromise Epcot, you had better blow the damn doors off.

I know you are extremely bitter towards the decision to put GotG in Epcot, but continuously acting negatively towards this project isn’t going to help matters and it also doesn’t do anything for conversation. You are basing your pre-conceived opinions off of what seems to be false rumor considering you don’t think there will be anything in the coaster at all.

You are basing your pre-conceived opinions off of what seems to be false rumor considering you don’t think there will be anything in the coaster at all.

I'm not following you on this point.

But more broadly, I don't feel I have been anything but respectful to those who are anticipating this attraction, however I will attempt to moderate my tone. If I have come across as overbearing, it is out of passion and love for a once-great theme park.

I'm not following you on this point.

But more broadly, I don't feel I have been anything but respectful to those who are anticipating this attraction, however I will attempt to moderate my tone. If I have come across as overbearing, it is out of passion and love for a once-great theme park.
I’m not saying you haven’t been respectful, but I’m also saying that complaining about IP over and over again isn’t worth the energy. We’re well past the point of return there. Now we may not all like it and that’s fine, but at this point we need to be worrying about attraction quality rather than IP.

I’m not saying you haven’t been respectful, but I’m also saying that complaining about IP over and over again isn’t worth the energy. We’re well past the point of return there. Now we may not all like it and that’s fine, but at this point we need to be worrying about attraction quality rather than IP.

Point taken. I will attempt to be more neutral, or else not comment in here at all.

The building for SM in Paris is a great fit for the area but the ride is not currently, at the moment its Hyperspace Mountain with a Star Wars theme. If it went back to "De la Terre à la Lune" then it would fit perfectly.

We'll see.

Imagine if the show building was a recreation of the opening fight of GotG2. Circling the monster with the carriages keeping the focus on the beast. That'd be pretty cool, right? I'm picturing that level of movement - keeping your eye focused on big things whilst moving, rather than crazy spinning like Primeval Whirl style.

Screams Hollywood Studios still - ride the movies type stuff. Hey-ho.

Reactions: glocon