Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion | Page 16 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This year I am going to start with outrage and work my way back to excitement. This way the when the way to early speculation becomes Blumhouse 3 featuring HDD2 and something that isn't Get Out I am in a better place.

Why the hate if the new series isnt even out yet? Seems a bit premature.

The original TZ has 50+ years of history behind it. It's become a cultural icon. People hum the theme song whenever something strange happens... even people who have never watched the show a day in their lives. It's that ingrained into our culture.

The show has been rebooted before. It didn't go well. The movie didn't do all that well. Rod Serling himself wasn't able to do well with his own knock off, Night Gallery (though admittedly, Rod actually had very little to do with the show aside from having his name attached and doing the intros).

Even with Peele behind it, I'm not optimistic it can be replicated in this day and age. I'll remain cautiously open-minded about it, but I remain dubious.

And as a huge TZ fan, I have to be honest... most of the original TZ episodes were either mediocre or not good. It ran for 5 seasons; for every episode that was memorable, there were about 10 that were not (Black Leather Jackets or Cavender is Coming, anyone? Yeah, didn't think so). It just so happened, though, that the ones were outstanding were truly outstanding.

It's just the nature of any anthology show... some will be good, a few will be great, and the rest will be meh or flat out bad. There's no real reason to believe it'll be any different for Peele. But since the show isn't even out yet, we have no idea which are the "good" ones and which will be the mehs. So how is a maze supposed to be made off highlights of a show that hasn't even aired yet?

Last edited:
I don’t see Twilight Zone happening. The line up is already kind of full just based on my speculated line-up:

-Universal Monsters makes too much sense to not bring back.
-Hellraiser seems heavily rumored and hinted at by Aiello and Murdy
-Stranger Things is a lock
-Killer Klowns is likely coming given the pattern of an IP-based SZ in Orlando like TrT.
-Hill House seems to make sense as Aiello and Murdy are interested.
-Happy Death Day 2U makes sense as Uni would probably make him do it to promote their movie.

That leaves one slot open. You really think it’s going to be for TZ? I see an original concept being more likely than a freaking TZ remake.

I don’t see Twilight Zone happening. The line up is already kind of full just based on my speculated line-up:

-Killer Klowns is likely coming given the pattern of an IP-based SZ in Orlando like TrT.
-Happy Death Day 2U makes sense as Uni would probably make him do it to promote their movie.

That leaves one slot open. You really think it’s going to be for TZ? I see an original concept being more likely than a freaking TZ remake.

Have to agree. Plus, Twilight Zone hasn’t premiered yet and in the off chance that it isn’t successful it would be very weird to have it at Horror Nights. Plus I can’t see Murdy not using the TrT style of introducing the different episodes in a house

I agree that TZ isn't as likely as something like Universal Monsters, but its still fun to think about. Plus I wouldn't get too attached to that speculation line up, can't forget what happened last year with AHS and IT that we were all sure were coming.

If Hellraiser is for sure coming in '19, most likely it'll only be 1 and/or 2, given that they have the same story flow as Halloween 1 & 2. Sure as the franchise continues, we get introduced to more cenobites, and maybe (depending on the rights to the latter sequels) we could at least have scareactors dressed as those ones, while the environments and maze story focuses on the first 2 movies. Hell, maybe we can get that infamous scene from part 2, the one where Pinhead and the female cenobite were disguised as doctors, but unfortunately it never made the final cut because apparently those involved felt the bleeding mouth effects for their surgeon masks looked too fake. (Yet there are images of that scene in promotion for Hellbound).

If Hellraiser is for sure coming in '19, most likely it'll only be 1 and/or 2, given that they have the same story flow as Halloween 1 & 2. Sure as the franchise continues, we get introduced to more cenobites, and maybe (depending on the rights to the latter sequels) we could at least have scareactors dressed as those ones, while the environments and maze story focuses on the first 2 movies. Hell, maybe we can get that infamous scene from part 2, the one where Pinhead and the female cenobite were disguised as doctors, but unfortunately it never made the final cut because apparently those involved felt the bleeding mouth effects for their surgeon masks looked too fake. (Yet there are images of that scene in promotion for Hellbound).

It'd be really cool to see that giant flying creature at the end of the first one show up as the final scare, a la Poltergeist this year. A little voice-over with the merchant saying "What's your pleasure?" Then BAM! giant skeleton beast!

On the downside: You bet your bottom dollar there are probably gonna be black wallz to transition from the house to the Hospital and back again.

It'd be really cool to see that giant flying creature at the end of the first one show up as the final scare, a la Poltergeist this year. A little voice-over with the merchant saying "What's your pleasure?" Then BAM! giant skeleton beast!

I'd hope they could even recreate the scares with the Engineer and Cenobite Channard, though I'm sure the animatronics/puppetry for those two would be pretty expensive, on top of the dragon-like creature you mentioned.

I feel like if we see the original Hellraiser we'd likely see the different versions of Frank as he re-composes throughout the film as well

I feel like if we see the original Hellraiser we'd likely see the different versions of Frank as he re-composes throughout the film as well
yeah if you'll think about it, frank will probably be the scares in the first 5 or 7 rooms, than the cenobites for the rest of the scares. since remember in the first movie the cenobites only actually appear in the beginning of the third act

yeah if you'll think about it, frank will probably be the scares in the first 5 or 7 rooms, than the cenobites for the rest of the scares. since remember in the first movie the cenobites only actually appear in the beginning of the third act
Unfortunately I see Frank scaring through a bunch of black hallways like The Shinning. Really hope they don’t go that route.

While I’m convinced we’ll have something Blumhouse next year I’m wondering if they’ll bring back Horrors of Blumhouse considering it ranked last on both coasts. I’d be fine with Happy Death Day 1 + 2U as a solo maze but Sinister would’ve translated more.

Additionally, if we get The Haunting of Hill House I’m curious to see where they put it since Stranger Things is likely gonna get the soundstage if we get it again.

I would wonder if Haunting of Hill House pushes Universal A&D to try to wrestle for S747 (and not just the Parking Lot).

I wonder what the Hill House facade would be? Obviously, Hill House itself would be cool, but it'd be expensive...Then again, the Roanoke house was pretty huge.