Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disneyland)

Wow I didn’t realize how much bigger DHS’ Star Wars Land is in comparison to DLR’s. I realize they’re both identical but just in terms of land plot, DHS is significantly larger.

Actually theyre both share the exact same acreage if not Disneyland being a hair larger. They just space out the Resistance side due to the land being used. Disneyland's is long where everything is squeezed together at DHS.

Blue is DL, Red is DHS.

SWL map.jpg

Yeah I was about to say, DL is ever so slightly bigger (not sure if you'll be able to notice that when you're in the land though).

From what I've heard, this land was designed with DL in mind and they retrofitted it into DHS. That's one of the reasons we have 3 entrances and DHS has 2.

From Star Wars Leaks on Reddit

l5kjkcw13d021.png
Also just wanted to point out that this picture was from @heliguy on Instagram.

Saw this all over Twitter/Reddit without credit, so I felt like I’d share. :)

How early should we expect soft openings for SWGE?
(If they even have soft openings)

If they do a soft opening of any sort I would assume it would be sometime in May. Seems like they’re aiming for a mid June opening since all of the AP’s are blocked out that month (normally they aren’t).

How early should we expect soft openings for SWGE?
(If they even have soft openings)
Previous rumor was a test/adjust phase in May with an opening in mid-June, but now Jim Hill’s reporting some delays that may set back the land by a month or two.
However, with what we’ve seen so far, I definitely think that Imagineering can hand off the land to TDA by June.

I was thinking that but no doubt that some people will determine that their local park is better.

I think the only thing that could be considered “better” is that DL has 3 entrances as opposed to the 2 at DHS which will (I assume) allow for a bit of better crowd flow. Other than that, I don’t see how anyone could say one is better than the other.

I was thinking that but no doubt that some people will determine that their local park is better.

There are people who're gonna' do it regardless, it's the unfortunate nature of the beast with this fanbase.

I think the only thing that could be considered “better” is that DL has 3 entrances as opposed to the 2 at DHS which will (I assume) allow for a bit of better crowd flow. Other than that, I don’t see how anyone could say one is better than the other.

Speaking of crowd flow, I'm not entirely sure Disneyland itself is made for the kind of crowds this'll bring. I've got a good feeling it'll reach capacity in it's opening year, so it'll be interesting to see how the lines snake through the rest of the park.

I'll add if there is a aspect that can be considered better, I think the only answer here is FastPass. I feel it'll be actually possible to snag a FP in DL. DHS on the other hand, you gotta' deal with a system that's beta/broken to begin with, and it ain't gonna' be fixed by the time this opens.

There are people who're gonna' do it regardless, it's the unfortunate nature of the beast with this fanbase.

Speaking of crowd flow, I'm not entirely sure Disneyland itself is made for the kind of crowds this'll bring. I've got a good feeling it'll reach capacity in it's opening year, so it'll be interesting to see how the lines snake through the rest of the park.

I'll add if there is a aspect that can be considered better, I think the only answer here is FastPass. I feel it'll be actually possible to snag a FP in DL. DHS on the other hand, you gotta' deal with a system that's beta/broken to begin with, and it ain't gonna' be fixed by the time this opens.

This will be a good exercise in what system is best between MM+ and MaxPass. My money is on MaxPass.

Apparently, after reading the WDW thread, this is going to be heavily screen-based.

Eeeeehhhhhhhh.......I knew this would be screen-based, but if it's like Gringott's where all of the AAs and practical are in the preshow and queue and the ride is all screenz.....ew.

Oh for sure Disneyland as a whole is not really made for the kind of crowds that it's going to see. I just mean SWGE itself will flow a bit better than DHS due to the extra entrance/exit.

This will be a good exercise in what system is best between MM+ and MaxPass. My money is on MaxPass.

I just used MaxPass for the first time this past week (I went a few days before Thanksgiving) and I loved it. I didn't have a single issue with it and it made things so much more efficient being able to reserve everything from my phone.

Also just wanted to point out that this picture was from @heliguy on Instagram.

Saw this all over Twitter/Reddit without credit, so I felt like I’d share. :)

Sorry about the non credit on Reddit. It was credited on the Facebook page correctly.
SWGalaxysEdge.com - Credit usually always given. Apologies to the OP of the images.