Venom | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Venom

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I wonder if this may be the push that allows Marvel Studios to have Venom meet up with Holland Spidey for Venom 2 (which seems in development).

There were also rumors that MS is rather interested in Kraven and Norman, so perhaps that may correlate to something in the future.
That would be the logical way to look at it. Sony would probably see that as "Hey, Venom since is doing so well, we should pull Tom Holland from the MCU into our "spider-verse"! I pray they're not that stupid.

I would love to see Venom, Norman Osbourne, and Kraven show up in the MCU, but if Tom Hardy shows up anywhere in there, that would confuse the heck out of everyone and default Venom as an MCU movie (Which it's not worthy of being, IMO). Venom would have to be recasted.

That would be the logical way to look at it. Sony would probably see that as "Hey, Venom since is doing so well, we should pull Tom Holland from the MCU into our "spider-verse"! I pray they're not that stupid.

I would love to see Venom, Norman Osbourne, and Kraven show up in the MCU, but if Tom Hardy shows up anywhere in there, that would confuse the heck out of everyone and default Venom as an MCU movie (Which it's not worthy of being, IMO). Venom would have to be recasted.

I mean, they went through the trouble of keeping not only The Hulk somewhat Canon in TIH, but have kept TIH Canon with the events from that, and William Ross existing in the MCU.

I could see Marvel Studios wanting to keep a name like Tom Hardy in. And for all intents and purposes, the design of Venom could fit in.

That said, considering how popular and successful the MS Spidey has been, I doubt Sony will be reckless to pull the plug.

I mean, they went through the trouble of keeping not only The Hulk somewhat Canon in TIH, but have kept TIH Canon with the events from that, and William Ross existing in the MCU.

I could see Marvel Studios wanting to keep a name like Tom Hardy in. And for all intents and purposes, the design of Venom could fit in.

That said, considering how popular and successful the MS Spidey has been, I doubt Sony will be reckless to pull the plug.
Yet again, this is run by the same studio that has thrown a sandwich at Feige and screamed, "Get the f#$% out of my office!" and approved the Emoji Movie. Hopefully they saw the success of the MCU Spidey and won't even think of pulling Holland out.

Well Sony has no more movies left to fulfill in their relationship with MS unless they renew so that will be interesting to follow.

Yeah I wouldn't be so sure about that... Sony has done some pretty stupid stuff in the past. I wouldn't be shocked at all if they decided to take back Spider-Man from the MCU. Fingers crossed they don't, though! The MCU has woven Spider-Man in so well to the rest of their universe.

Reactions: Freak